NFL News/Discussion 2011

What do you think about the sports world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: NFL News/Discussion 2011

Post by Winnow »

Jice Virago wrote:I am the master baiter! But I maintain that its easier for a WR to pile up huge numbers when he is the only one getting the ball tossed to him, as opposed to places where the ball gets spread around to double digit numbers of recievers every game.
But Fitz had Anquan Boldin and Steve Breston for many of those years and one year, AZ had three 1000 yard receives so how was he the only target? Boldin was a pro bowler. So Fitzgerald had his four 1400 yard seasons with and without Warner and with and without high quality receivers.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Well I looked at the pre-season picks and since everyone else is in flagellation mode...

AFC
North - Steelers - WRONG by the tie-breaker
South - Colts - WRONG I gave the caveat that the Texans could win if Peyton's neck wasn't healthy but I still took the Colts...
East - Patriots - RIGHT when I wish I was wrong :p Buffalo was still the big surprise in this division to me
West - Chargers - WRONG but could have been right if they hadn't taken half the season off... I can't believe they didn't fire Norv Turner yet...
wild cards to the Jets and Ravens - WRONG and WRONG by the tiebreaker

So... I picked 3 of 6 playoff teams but only one right seeding. I was closer when I look at my Colts caveat and consider the tie-breaking implications but...

NFC
North - Packers - RIGHT
South - Falcons - RIGHT
East - Eagles - WRONG - I did say the Giants would be a force but I had them battling the wrong team...
West - Cardinals - WRONG - I thought the 49ers would be better but not this much so

wildcards go to the Saints and Vikings - RIGHT and REALLY REALLY WRONG

Sooo I went 3 for 6 in the NFC. Not too bad but not great.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Well, I looked back at mine and they were way off.

I got nothing right in the NFC.

The AFC I only got the two North teams right, Steelers as a wild card, and Ravens as the div champ.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't know a lot about football but I don't think Green Bay will make it to the Super Bowl this year. And if they do they will lose. A lot of times they seems to be unable to stop the other team at all and usually just overcome the difference due to Rodgers. In a high pressure situation like going for a Superbowl win repeat you'll see them crumble like they did against the Chiefs.

I hope I am wrong! But it will still be ok if New England makes it and wins although I think they are ranked worse than Green Bay on defense. Go Brady, whooo!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

TEBOW!

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Wow, what a game!
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

well I'll be a...KYLE FUCKEN ORTON
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

80 yard walk off was longest in postseason history. Didn't see that coming! Terrible officiating made it closer than it should have. Well, 3 calls... Yay DEN!
en kærlighed småkager
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

There were some baaaad calls but the only one that might have made the difference (had the Steelers pulled it off) was the incomplete lateral/fumble being blown dead as an incomplete pass.

Fuck Tebow and his jebus loving ass with a telephone pole!

I knew the Steelers weren't going to pull off a big run this year: the injuries and just what seemed to be a lack of chemistry, seemed to pretty much guarantee that. Losing to the Broncorpses and Tebone though... in this fashion... thats harsh medicine for anyone to swallow...
Wulfran Moondancer
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I was torn on which team I wanted to lose the most. In the end, I think it's better than Pittsburgh lost first. It's pathetic that they lost to Tebow but it's also nice that Tebow looked good against the washed up Steeler secondary which pretty much locks him in as the starter for Denver next year, ruining their season.

Denver goes down hard next round! I want to see tears!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Canelek wrote:80 yard walk off was longest in postseason history. Didn't see that coming! Terrible officiating made it closer than it should have. Well, 3 calls... Yay DEN!
Keep in mind that insane hookup was brought to you by the two draft picks that got McDaniels fired in 2010. Guess he might have known what he was doing, eh?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

masteen wrote:
Canelek wrote:80 yard walk off was longest in postseason history. Didn't see that coming! Terrible officiating made it closer than it should have. Well, 3 calls... Yay DEN!
Keep in mind that insane hookup was brought to you by the two draft picks that got McDaniels fired in 2010. Guess he might have known what he was doing, eh?
McDaniels was not fired for Thomas and Tebow (Thomas was considered only a risk due to his foot injury in college...and then his achilles injury last offseason.)

McDaniels was fired because after starting 6-0 in 2009, he won 4 games total until ihe was canned last December. The breaking point was the video scandal. Also, there was a very large amount of fan unrest due to losing Cutler, Marshall and Hillis. To say he was fired for the draft picks is nonsensical.
en kærlighed småkager
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Love this:

Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Well damn. I didn't think either team had a touchdown in them, but it wound up being the best game of the weekend. I could practically hear Masteen blowing his load from the midwest when they scored on the first play in OT. Much as I hate to admit it, I pretty much share Winnow's view on this game and all of its associated ramifications.

As to the officiating, the reffing in the Saints game was a ton worse, but I expected that since the Saints get away with murder in their own dome every week, anyhow. Not like the Lions could have won, anyway. Any thoughts the lions have of being competitive in future seasons are laughable, until they start winning the division.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Patriots are clearly cheating!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Go Brady, whooo! God could still mount a comeback.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

God failed Tim Tebow. He must have had eleventybillion Christians praying for him and he still sucked ass!

Tebow vs the 31st ranked defense in the NFL = Tebow Sucked

Tebow NFL rating for game: 53.7
Brady NFL rating for game: 137.6

I'm now convinced that Skelton is the second coming of Christ when compared to Tebow. If only he would point to the sky a few times, maybe cry a little, and get some people praying for him.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Every time it showed Tebow on the sidelines, it looked like he was thinking 'god, i wish I was half as good that guy'
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Continue to hate on the guy all you want, but he did take a 1-4 team into the playoffs, and it took a two-time MVP to knock him out.

And at this point in his career, Tom Brady was thinking the exact same thing about Drew Bledsoe.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Why do you have so much man-love for Tebow?

The Broncos barely beat a bunch of shitty, non-playoff teams, backed into the playoffs in the worst division in the NFL and managed to win against a beat up Steelers team with a defense that didn't know how to defend against the option.

To even attempt to compare Brady to Tebow is fucking laughable.
Nobody had high expectations for Brady, he was picked in the 6th round. But he had a good arm, solid mechanics and made smart decisions on field.
Tebow was drafted in the first round, has HUGE expectations. He has terrible mechanics, a questionable arm and repeatedly makes bad decisions when under pressure.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

I'll admit I now am a Tebow hater.

Initially, I was a non-believer, and thats where I was up until Denver beat the Steelers (living in the Pittsburgh area, you pretty much have no choice but to become part of the Nation) but the hype around Tebow (a guy who DID look good against the Steelers but not very much in the other games his Defense won for him) in the last week made me so sick I was actually HAPPY that the Evil Empire won. I hate him for making me cheer for Brady & Co. Sorry Canno but I hope next year Denver goes 0 for however many games he is still their starter. Oh well: the only team in the AFC left that I could half stand is the Texans...so here's hoping they can beat both the carrion eaters from Baltimore and the Evil Empire next week.

I was shocked by the way a) the 49ers D were able to keep the Saints O in check as long as they did and b)that Alex Smith and Co were able to match the Saints tit-for-tat in the scorefest at the end of the game. Next weeks NFC championship is going to be very interesting.
Wulfran Moondancer
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

It was hard to watch...
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

During the game they showed an interesting statistic: Tebow completions- 3. Brady Touchdowns - 6. I laughed.

And if he attributes his wins to God does he also attribute his losses to God as well? Regardless, I'm glad New England utterly embarrassed the Broncos and Tebow. For the second time.

--
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

I really don't understand all the strong Tebow emotions. I think he's fun. Is it so difficult to just sit back and watch and enjoy watching the story play out however it plays out?

Unless you're a Denver fan and are forced to have a position.

I just think it's ridiculous to view Tebow as a battlefield for deep debates about faith or politics or whatever the hell people want to read into it, on either side. He's an outspoken evangelical Christian, who gives a shit? I'm watching him play a stupid fucking sport, not debating whether he's the messiah. He seems like a nice dude. And isn't it fun to have a player who starts postgame interviews with "First of all, I'd like to thank my lord and savior, Jesus Christ?" It makes me laugh.

As to his football skills: Who knows? His throwing motion is awkward and his accuracy is terrible. But he's won a bunch of games. He's not the first athletic quarterback to win some early-career games despite questionable throwing skills. Some of those guys turned into pretty solid quarterbacks (Michael Vick) and some didn't (Vince Young). Which will he be? Who the fuck knows! But we can only hope that he'll follow the Vick track, if only for the hilarity of watching what happens when Tim Tebow is busted for running a dog-fighting ring.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I really don't understand all the strong Tebow emotions.
I think you're lying.

Religion is why this world is fucked, starting with the promotion of anti-intellect and its destructive effect on policy and everything else. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."

Tebow represents all the fucking idiots who don't have the first fucking clue what actual good and evil is. Of course I wanted to see him get his silly ass beat on the field.

The real face of Christianity:
[Show]
From my ruined-because-of-religion household to yours: Fuck Tebow and fuck your complacency.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

And...this thread just got raped. Thanks Leonard!
en kærlighed småkager
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

They will try to outlaw abortion. It will be the reason one candidate is elected over another, more sane option.

I don't even........

I suppose I should just leave VV altogether, huh...

:cry:
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Not lying. And you shouldn't leave, you should just chill the fuck out. The world is more complicated than you're willing to admit.

Anyway, I'm really hoping we don't wind up with Giants/Pats in the Super Bowl, or I'm going to be forced to root for the fucking Giants AGAIN.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I am really hoping that I am wrong, but I am having visions of a field covered in yellow flags as the NFL tries to get one of their golden boys into the SB. After watching the HORRIFIC officiating in the Saints-49ers and GB-NY games, it is just completely over the top obvious that there are 2 sets of standards in the NFL now. Goodell and his crew of idiots really need to go.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sueven wrote:But he's won a bunch of games.
No he hasn't, at least in the NFL. He finished up a loser, and I'll say again, John Skelton (not religious as far as I know) had a more miraculous season than Tebow.

Here's what Tebow and religion get you:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... ops-game/1
Two high school students were beat up after a prep basketball game in South Carolina this week after they made 'Tebowing' poses.

The Post and Courier in Charleston reports that students from West Ashley High apparently felt that when the two students went into Tim Tebow's familiar kneeling pose that they were taunting Waldo High, which lost the game by 20 points.

Neither of the beaten students, both 17, required hospitalization. But one began vomiting after he was kicked and punched outside the gym after the game.
As usual, religion is the root of all evil. Keep that shit off the field, court, etc. It's the same as flashing gang signs which are forbidden.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Aslanna wrote:I don't know a lot about football but I don't think Green Bay will make it to the Super Bowl this year. And if they do they will lose. A lot of times they seems to be unable to stop the other team at all and usually just overcome the difference due to Rodgers. In a high pressure situation like going for a Superbowl win repeat you'll see them crumble like they did against the Chiefs.
Nailed it!

Oh and fuck religion and fuck Tebow. It's really a slap in the face to the rest of his teammates when he gives credit to god as opposed to .. I don't know.. all the hard work put in by the rest of the team? I'm pretty sure God doesn't give a shit about sports.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Ho Hum, another year, another NFC West team possibly going to to Super Bowl.

This reminds me of the Cardinals run a bit. Now the 49'ers get to play at home in the NFC Championship game. The Cardinals caught some breaks and had some home playoff games during their run as well.

49'ers vs Giants should be a good game. The 49'ers actually have a solid defense, not the last in the league like the Packers, and their Offense / Special teams are both decent as well. I normally hate the 49'ers but I hate the Giants more. San Francisco has a great shot next week. It will make the Cardinals look better when they sweep them next year if they're coming off a Super Bowl Appearance.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Coach McFatty is the most overated dick brained coach in the entire NFL, quite possibly for the last decade. Losing to the Giants does not suprise me, as I have been saying for weeks that they were the biggest threat to the Packers going into the playoffs. What suprises me is watching the defense do its job while the offense essentially hands four scores to the Giants. A total ass kicking in Lambeau is not what anyone should have expected from this roster in this situation. This in a game where:
1) The entire starting roster was healthy and well rested.
2) With a team that went 15-1 in the regular season.
3) A team whos backups put up 40+ points two weeks prior.
4) A team with a with a home cold weather environment playing at home.
5) The top offense in the league manages to only put up 13 points (plus one more score in garbage time).
6) Playing a team they had beaten on the road earlier.

To have all that going into the game and take such a collosal shit is inexcusable. The offense looked even more flat than in the KC game. There were no second half adjustments, in fact the play actually got worse in the second half. It was the worst playoff loss in Packer history. Worse than the Ram debacle. Worse than Farve's last game. Worse than the Arizona shootout. Even worse than 4th and 26 in Philly, and people got fired immediately over that one. In any other organization, someone would get canned or at least have their control clipped. This was probably, when you consider the amount of talent on the offensive side, the worst coaching effort in over a decade. McFatty squandered the final Favre years and now he and Ted the Ghost Thomson are going to do the same fucking thing with Rodgers.

Where to begin to disect this epic failure...
There were the minor brain farts, like calling a bunch of slow developing run plays against arguably the best D-Line in football, the contant long ball calls when the team should have been trying to establish some kind or rhythm, and no real adjustments at the half. Then there were the major fuckups. Onside kicking in a tie game with one of the most pourous defenses in the league is as good of an indicator of McCarthy's retardation as anything. But then we also have the decision to call timeout right before halftime to give the Giants time to get the hail mary play executed. We also have the choice to not practice outside at all, when you know a cold weather team is comming into town to play you in Lambeau in January. Then there is the whole lack of any sort of focus by what had been, up to this game, the most efficient offense in NFL history. My personal favorite, though, is the decision to onside kick when there was 5 minutes left in the game and your defense had been shutting down the Giants all game. Yeah, you dumb fat fuck, lets give them a short field to nail the coffin shut.

I really hate coach McFatty and I have felt the team excelled in spite of him, rather than because of him. He stacked the hell out of the passing offense while starving the defense of any talent outside of Mathews and Woodsen. He habitually has games where its painfully obvious that he did not have the team ready mentally to play. This was the last competitive year for this roster, because in all likelyhood Driver, Woodsen, Cliften, and about half the coaching staff are all out of here after this year, minimum. After that debacle, we will probably be gutted heavily by free agency, especially on defense, since its completely obvious now that we are not going to be going deep in the playoffs again any time soon. Meanwhile the doughnut horking fucker will probably keep burning high round draft picks on more recievers, because apparently the 7 top tier ones we have are not enough. Its the fucking Mike Sherman years all over again. There is just no words to express how pissed off I am that a team this capable looked this bad with so much time to prepare and all of the key people healthy.

TLDR version, McCarthy took a giant shit at home in the worst playoff loss in packer history and should probably be fired, but won't. Wonder which one of his staff he will toss under the bus this time, since you cannot lay this one at the D's feet like he did when he canned Caper's predecessor.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Sueven wrote:I really don't understand all the strong Tebow emotions. I think he's fun. Is it so difficult to just sit back and watch and enjoy watching the story play out however it plays out?
I agree with you on the aspect of using him to wage a proxy PR over religion in public, but as for the "hate", I thought I spelled it out: my dislike started with all the hype generated in the media by a mediocre QB, who rode a hot D to win some games. I was sick and tired of him and the attention he was garnering by the time the season ended.. and then the one big win he pulled off was a playoff win against the team I cheer for.

I am still in shock over the Packers-Giant thing. I saw the Giants D on the rise but I didn't think they were capable of pulling this off. I am having a bad feeling that this is going to be a Patriot championship year: I don't see Baltimore beating them and I'm not sure if the Giants or 49ers can either...
Wulfran Moondancer
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Got a chuckle out of this:

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I'll take the bacon bloody mary :)
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

What an awesome game choke
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Go Patriots whooo!

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm not sure how the Superbowl can top those two games.
Both games were fantastic... even though I would rather have seen SanFran win.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:I'm not sure how the Superbowl can top those two games.
Both games were fantastic... even though I would rather have seen SanFran win.
Tough call on who I'll be pulling for. I don't like either team although New York earned their way there with some tough wins. That I'm even considering them means they did something right this year. Victor Cruz really did come out of nowhere. He's the Miles Austin for this year.

I don't have anything really against New England except that I didn't take one of their TEs in my Fantasy Draft which can't be held against them.

I think I'll just sit back an enjoy the Super Bowl this year and see if Madonna held up over the years during half time.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

First off, let me admit (as if it weren't obvious) that I've been a huge Tom Brady fan since his college days in the winged helmet...

My question: what more (if anything) does Brady need to do to establish himself as the greatest QB of all time? Who is currently in front of him? Would a win in this Super Bowl do it?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

He just tied Joe Montana for most playoff wins. Winning the Superbowl and getting that 17th win would just clinch it (if it already isn't).
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Dude is pretty amazing. Even in years where there are depth/talent issues, he seems to be able to elevate those around him. Not to mention he is one of the better pocket passers I have ever seen.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The question is whether he enters the Hall of Fame with or without the girly-man haircut!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Why couldn't it be anyone other than the Giants? I really really dislike them. Thanks Green Bay for letting me down!

But really San Franciso beat themselves. For one thing that Vernon Davis dude with the two stupid 15 yard penalties. I guess his ego after the last game got super inflated and he couldn't help himself. Good job hurting your team super cool guy.

Then that punt where the guy (sorry I don't know names!) lets it hit his leg. If you're not going to be returning the kick why are you anywhere near the ball? And then I think he was the same one who fumbled in Overtime to give the game away.

My only hope now is that New England can actually beat the Giants this time. I don't want to see Eli's stupid face in a bajillion commercials next year.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: Then that punt where the guy (sorry I don't know names!) lets it hit his leg. If you're not going to be returning the kick why are you anywhere near the ball? And then I think he was the same one who fumbled in Overtime to give the game away.
That would be Kyle Williams out of Arizona State University!
As a sophomore at Arizona State University he earned first-team All-Pac 10 honors as a punt returner
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Sylvus wrote:First off, let me admit (as if it weren't obvious) that I've been a huge Tom Brady fan since his college days in the winged helmet...

My question: what more (if anything) does Brady need to do to establish himself as the greatest QB of all time? Who is currently in front of him? Would a win in this Super Bowl do it?
Setting some more records would be nice. Aside of that one season with Randy Moss, he's never lit the league on fire like Manning, Brees, and Rogers have. Also, his productivity spikes are always linked to the emergence of a superstar receiver, and he's not repeated the massive stat seasons like Manning and Brees have.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

He's never lit the league on fire like Manning, Brees, and Rogers have.
But he's got as many superbowl rings as those 3 combined.

Just sayin...
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Setting some more records would be nice
Yeah, he's such a slacker when it comes to records.........
Fewest starts to achieve 100 regular-season wins as a starter (131 starts)
Most wins with one head coach (124, Bill Belichick).[77]
Most consecutive wins, postseason: 10 (2001, 2003, 2004, 2005)
Most consecutive wins, regular season and postseason: 21 (2003–2004)
Most consecutive wins in regular-season home games: 31 (2006–2011)
Most seasons finishing 8–0 at home: 5 (2003, 2004, 2007, 2009, 2010)
Only quarterback to start and win 3 Super Bowls before his 28th birthday
Most passing touchdowns, regular season: 50 (2007)
Most passing touchdowns, regular season and postseason combined: 56 (2007)
Most touchdown passes, month: 20 (October 2007)
Most passing touchdowns, quarter: 5 (second quarter vs. Tennessee, October 18, 2009)
Largest touchdown to interception differential: +42 (2007)
Highest touchdown to interception ratio, season: 9.0 to 1 (36 TD/4 INT, 2010)
Highest touchdown pass–interception ratio, career: 2.52-1 (260 TD/103 INT)
Most games with 3+ touchdown passes, regular season: 12 (2007)
Most consecutive games with 5+ touchdown passes: 2 (2007) (tied with Daunte Culpepper)
Most consecutive games with 3+ touchdown passes: 10 (2007)
Most consecutive games with 2+ touchdown passes: 13 (tied with Peyton Manning)
Most consecutive games with 2+ touchdown passes and no interceptions: 9 (2010, October 24 – 2011, September 12)
Most games with 1 touchdown pass and no interceptions, season: 14 (2010)
Most games with 2 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season: 11 (2010)
Most games with 3 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season: 8 (2007)
Most games with 4 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season: 5 (2007)
Most games with 4 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career: 12 – tied with Brett Favre
Most games with 5 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season: 3 (2007)
Most games with 5 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career: 4 – tied with Peyton Manning
Most games with 6 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career 2 – tied with Peyton Manning
Highest single-game completion percentage, postseason: 92.9% (vs. Jacksonville, January 12, 2008)[78]
Most completions in a Super Bowl: 32 - tied with Drew Brees (XXXVIII)
Most career Super Bowl completions: 100 (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLII)
Largest completion–interception ratio, season: 81.0-1 (324-4) (minimum 150 completions), 2010
Most games with 20 completions and no interceptions, season: 10 (2007)
Most games with 30 completions and no interceptions, career: 9 – tied with Drew Brees
Most games with 30 completions and no interceptions, season: 5 (2007)
Most games with 50 pass attempts and no interceptions, career: 3
Largest passing yards–interception ratio, career: 337.3-1 (34,744-103) (minimum 20,000 passing yards)
Largest passing yards–interception ratio, season: 975.0-1 (3,900-4) (minimum 2,000 passing yards), 2010
Most games with 300 yards passing and no interceptions, season: 8 (2007)
Most consecutive pass attempts to start a career without an interception: 162 (2000–2001)
Most consecutive pass attempts without an interception, regular season: 358 (2010, October 24 – 2011, September 12)
And some playoff records:
NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (broke record of Green Bay's Bart Starr).
Most consecutive post season wins (college and professional combined): 12
3 Super Bowl victories
2 Super Bowl MVP awards
Most completions in a Super Bowl (32 in Super Bowl XXXVIII)
Most career Super Bowl completions (100 in four games)
Highest completion percentage in a single game, minimum 20 attempts (26 of 28, 92.9%, against Jacksonville in 2007 AFC Divisional round)[80]
Most touchdowns passes in a playoff game(tied with Steve Young & Daryle Lamonica): 6, January 14, 2012
Most touchdowns passes in a playoff game half: 5, January 14, 2012
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I think Masteen is still butthurt about the schooling Brady gave Tebow.