Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Post by Animalor »

So I saw this in the least ideal circumstances possible. My wife had this sudden nostalgia for drive in movies so we went to see this there. this was during my vacation back home in east coast canada and all the drive ins back there play the movies in french.

I found the movie to be enjoyable, if a bit too long. Action scenes were well done and there was a lot of giant robot screen time which was a plus.
[Show]
Seeing that dude from Grey's anatomy take a block of ciment to the head at the end was also very satisfying.
It was also much better than Fallen.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Post by Kluden »

it was definitely better than the 2nd movie, I agree, but I thought it was a bit long...so was fallen though. Either way, this is a "you know exactly what to expect here" type of movie, there are no surprises, there is nothing to change your opinion of the "summer action big budget film" genre. It did exactly what it was filmed to do. One thing is for sure, in this movie, Bay listened to critics and cranked the action scene gauge to 11.

Overall, I'd say its a 5/10....for comparison, the 1st film I would say was a 6.5/10, the 2nd a 3/10.

I saw it imax3d and it may have been one of the worst 3D movies I've seen to date visually, in 3D. It was clearly, to my eyes, not shot on 3D lens cameras, and the 3D was just computered in later, which did NOT work well at all. The web says it was shot with the proper cameras, but it was no where near the quality that Avatar was on the imax3D screen, not even half as good.

But that's just complaints about 3D, who cares about that really. I know I don't, its just that every major movie release that is on an imax screen is in 3D now, so I don't get a choice when I go to the movies! haha
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Better than Fallen

Good to see Grey's Anatomy.

Shockwave was best, lil disappointed with Soundwave being demoted to that new vehicle.

Megatron owned
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Saw it in 3D last night, was awesome. No complaints here, was everything I would expect from a Transformers movie. It was funny, there was a ton of action and they actually went quite a bit into the story as well, I'll probably see it again in the theater.