Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Horrible Bosses

Post by Canelek »

A not incredibly new addition to the adult comedy collection.

Luckily, Charlie Day of Always Sunny in Philly was starring, so the movie folks were lucky enough for me to view their show.

Basically, 3 friends have absolutely miserable jobs and all are in a position where they have no choice but to plot the murders of their asshole bosses. Hijinx ensue.

OK, so the plot is pretty silly, and the capering nitwits really add nothing extremely new or inventive. However, I think the script worked out rather well and the acting was top-notch. Script played to the strengths of the actors. Nice, right?

So you are sitting there thinking, "A goofball comedy that was carried on strength of acting?" Yes, you are correct! FUCKING MIND-BLOWING. :)

And here's the kicker--although the lead roles were well played, the four supporting roles were even fucking better. That's right!

Jennifer Aniston, Kevin Spacey, Jamie Foxx, and even Colin Ferrell were stunningly awesome. I absolutely loved this comedy, even if my like is perhaps self-inflated from all the other crap Hollywood shovels towards us quite often, with lusty grins.

8/10 and am looking forward to pre-ordering the bluray.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Horrible Bosses

Post by Funkmasterr »

I remember thinking it looked pretty funny when I saw the preview, I'll have to check it out.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I enjoyed it. It didn't have me rolling on the floor or anything, but it had some funny parts and was entertaining overall.

Standard disclaimer: I'm a huge movie buff, go to the theater to see a movie almost every week, and probably have favorable opinions of 90% of the movies I see. That said, I don't go see movies like Paul Blart Zookeeper, so maybe that's why my scores are usually pretty favorable.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funny stuff! This is worth seeing.

Wow, didn't know that was Jennifer Aniston as the dentist.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

We saw it at the drive in last weekend. It was way better than Friends with Benefits, which preceded it.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

It was pretty funny IMO. Although they did show a lot of the funny parts in the commercials. I thought the first half was great but it ran out of steam a bit by the end. It was pretty hard to take the dental assistant's complaints seriously, but Aniston talking and acting like a nympho made me laugh every single time.

Disclaimer: I'm coming off a huge horror movie marathon, so the few comedies I saw this month may have seemed extra funny because fools weren't getting murdered left and right!
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Wife and I saw it a couple of nights ago and we both enjoyed it a lot. I definitely agree that the acting was far better than the script but then comedy is, largely, about delivery so the net effect was a thumbs up