Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Survivors (2008 BBC TV Series)

Post by Canelek »

Did a quick search, but did not return any results, so here goes...

Found this on Netflix and began watching last night. Pretty fucking good! Of course, I am a fan of this type of story... I am just now finding out it had been cancelled after a season 2 cliffhanger, so I guess it'll have to do...
Survivors is a British science fiction television series produced by the BBC. It depicts the lives of a group of people who survived a virulent strain of heretofore unknown influenza which has wiped out most of the human race. According to the producers, the series is not a remake of the original BBC television series Survivors (1975–1977), created by Terry Nation, but is loosely based on the novel of the same name that Nation wrote following the first season of the original series. Two series were produced of the new series. Series 1 ran on BBC One and BBC HD in November–December 2008, and series 2 ran in January–February 2010, ending with a cliffhanger. The BBC announced on 13 April 2010 that, due to poor viewing figures and other considerations, Survivors had been cancelled.[1]
en kærlighed småkager
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Re: Survivors (2008 BBC TV Series)

Post by Kaldaur »

Loved Survivors. Really came to love the character 'Tom'. I was also sad to hear that it ended after two years, and like most Brit shows was left wishing for more episodes per season.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: Survivors (2008 BBC TV Series)

Post by Canelek »

Aye. Need more episodes. Loved Dead Set, Nd this has similar vibe.
en kærlighed småkager