Global Agenda

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Global Agenda

Post by Winnow »

I searched for any info on VV regarding this game but didn't find any. This is another one of those MMOs that has been converted to Free to Play.

I got hooked on this yesterday and played through level 15 as a Recon and had a blast. Parts of it remind me of Borderlands. Once you get out into the initial newbie area which is dessert, it has the wide open feel of borderlands but with jet-packs which make it a blast to get around. It also has a Planetside vibe to it as well which will make some people happy.

So far, while there's plenty of PvP available, I've been just fine doing solo quests through level 15.

The graphics are nice, the character generator is advanced for facial features although there's a good change your face will be covered in a helmet. The intro tutorial is very well done with some cinematics during your intro/quests. US and Quest are well done. The game plays/looks better than it is presented on their website.

This is the closest you'll come to something along the lines of a Borderlands MMO until there is a Borderlands MMO.

I chose the recon class which is kinda of a fast moving/stealthy quick hit/sniper type class. There's your typical tank and healing classes as well as a class that specialized in force fields, etc.

I can't say much about PvP (looks like fun) but for PvE, if you like Borderlands typs stuff with fun jetpacks, give this game a try. It's polished. 6GB download plus patches.

http://www.globalagendagame.com/

I'll post some more thoughts later.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: Global Agenda

Post by Canelek »

Looks neat. Downloading now.
en kærlighed småkager
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I thought I had heard about this game here, but I guess not. I have played off and on since November/December, and it was fun to get a couple quests done once in a while. I never could get fully into it though. I think I was looking for a bit more solo stuff, but there are several points where you will need to group up on missions that you just won't get through if you don't have the people/teamwork. Fun game, just not for me.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:I thought I had heard about this game here, but I guess not. I have played off and on since November/December, and it was fun to get a couple quests done once in a while. I never could get fully into it though. I think I was looking for a bit more solo stuff, but there are several points where you will need to group up on missions that you just won't get through if you don't have the people/teamwork. Fun game, just not for me.

There is a quest around level 15. It took 3 players, one level 20 and one 16 to get through the boss but I soloed it at level 14 /flex
Made my night! Was fun. Long fight. The mobs don't regen HPs fast or at all so that helps if you can stay alive long enough to beat down a boss.

I don't know if it gets unfriendly for soloing +15 as I haven't seen the content yet. I'll have help soon in the game. Hoping two people will be enough to get through some tougher areas.

I'm not sure if it has lasting appeal but it's certainly worth checking out for free. I'm not sure what you're supposed to buy yet in the game for them to make money but it's been a complete non factor so far. I just know some people here like Planetside/Borderlands (Killer Kilmoll) so this is something to check out for sure, if even for just a couple days.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I highly recommend at least checking it out. They actually opened more up to f2p players since I quit, but I haven't made any time to patch and play since then.
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

Just DL it on Steam, and let's do some social networking!
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Here's a video of a 4 man group going through an instance. It's the same one I soloed although there definitely weren't as many of the melee beasts in there when I went through. You can see the boss fight at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFH-O0ifIEs

watch it in 720p
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

only noobs use 720p instead of 1080p
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:only noobs use 720p instead of 1080p
Babysteps man! I wouldn't dream of suggesting 1080P to this wii lover crowd! Youtube forces you up from 360 to 480 when you go full screen so that's a start.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Very cool. W/out knowing anything about the game yet, that group looked well coordinated.
Think I will DL that when I get the opportunity
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Chidoro wrote:Very cool. W/out knowing anything about the game yet, that group looked well coordinated.
Think I will DL that when I get the opportunity

Even the healing class in that video looks like it could be fun. I'm having fun with the Recon class but may take each class to around level 15 to try them all out.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Game seems pretty fun so far. Got a recon up to level 12 or so yesterday. Glad it is free since I can't see myself playing long-term on anything anymore.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:Game seems pretty fun so far. Got a recon up to level 12 or so yesterday. Glad it is free since I can't see myself playing long-term on anything anymore.
Using the "Ballista" Sniper weapon? I've had great success sitting back, taking out goons from long distance and then using the Ghost Sword for melee when needed. : )

My points went into higher ranged accuracy and damage/zoom, etc.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Seemed clunky to me, but honestly I didn't spend much time with it. Since there is no corpse "looting", I can see the ranged thing being a good bet.

I did run a few of those medium security missions. They are fairly bland but not a turn off. The group forming mechanism seems ok. At least there was not a long queue, at least for the lowbie stuff. I'll continue on when I have a chance--maybe next week. I really want it to be super-cool since it is free! I see that you can buy all sorts of upgrades/packages through their site, but I do not like that sort of thing.

Overall, the controls are a little hokie--I prefer to be able to click on shit as opposed to hitting a key to interact. It isn't a deal breaker though.

Graphics are middling, but not a total turn off. At least it is fairly smooth at full resolution. Of course, I am still playing rift casually, and those graphics are pretty rad!

I'd have actually paid 20-30 bucks to purchase, if that was the case.

Aliantha is my character name--not sure if it can be changed--I was just scrolling through a mental list of names as my standbys were already taken.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:Seemed clunky to me, but honestly I didn't spend much time with it. Since there is no corpse "looting", I can see the ranged thing being a good bet.
Not having to go loot corpses is great for Recon class. If you went to the pit location with the tower in the middle, you know that you can just get on that tower as a sniper and shoot mobs all day long without getting hit.

I found higher level mobs didn't know what to do when they were being sniped and kind of just sat there.

try to get the the ~level 15 missions "Fly to freedom" or something like that. It's the first Instanced campaign mission you get that you zone into a place (drop down a tunnel)...it's the one from the video above. See how you do! It's not too bad, just have to avoid the boss big rocket attacks.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Terrific, says I'm missing:
physxcudart_20.dll

Seems like a lot of bs out there to get it to work. It's not the first time I ran across this but it's the first time I care enough to try and remedy the situation. Yes, I'm running an ati card, the 5770 to be exact
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Chidoro wrote:Terrific, says I'm missing:
physxcudart_20.dll

Seems like a lot of bs out there to get it to work. It's not the first time I ran across this but it's the first time I care enough to try and remedy the situation. Yes, I'm running an ati card, the 5770 to be exact
This might help:

http://forum.globalagendagame.com/phpbb ... 8&p=498068
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

runs fine on my 5770, not sure what might have caused that file issue for ya
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Boogahz wrote:runs fine on my 5770, not sure what might have caused that file issue for ya
My system just doesn't have the file. If you installed a game that serched for it at one time or another, it could have added it to your system from the disk. I'll try one the locations recommended on that thread.
The physx install directly from nvidia does not work, it gives me a critical error after dl'ing it. I'm hoping to be able to plug the file in where the game is looking for it. I'll give it a whirl again tonight
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I hate when there is only one file keeping me from playing something.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Aliantha is my character name--not sure if it can be changed--I was just scrolling through a mental list of names as my standbys were already taken.
I was going to just faceroll my character name, but I think I ended up picking miir with 6 i's

I got annoyed after having to type the fucking passwordX2 and captcha code for the 15th time.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

miir wrote:
I was going to just faceroll my character name, but I think I ended up picking miir with 6 i's

I got annoyed after having to type the fucking passwordX2 and captcha code for the 15th time.
Seriously. That was really really annoying!
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm currently playing the healer class and having a good time.

Healing beams and healing grenades make the class fun. They don't under power the healer so you can solo.

I'm refining my healing skills before jumping into a group.

Great F2P game.

I like the vertical aspect of this game. Besides using Jetpacks, you can climb things sometimes. This is my Recon character.

Here's my Medic preparing to take out some thugs from long range.

Even for non sniping weapon, the zoom is pretty good. I did use a skill to increase zoom by 50% : )

One thing I miss on the Medic is the immunity to falling damage skill I picked up with my Recon. You Jetpack around a lot and get very high sometimes.

There's also something really fun about doing a full assault on a newbie. I see newbie in trouble. I start blasting them with my Healing Gun and thorwing healing grenades at them...newb is probably wondering wtf if going on because it looks like you're attacking them. Makes it more entertaining to help someone out when you can shoot at them : )
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Got my recon to 15, then was shocked to find there are no open areas besides the desert. All missions from the terminal after that, although AvA looks kinda neat.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Nothing open after desert?? Lol. Free, but that's pretty disappointing.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:Nothing open after desert?? Lol. Free, but that's pretty disappointing.
If you like solo play. I don't see dessert in the PvP which there is a bunch of. I'm having a blast.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Medics are a blast to play in PvP! Above is one of my first PvE bit missions. (Arinola is my character on Blue Team)

Heals, Assists and Absorbed damage. I didn't figure out buffs until after this instance. I have a lot of absorbed damage because I was on the front lines, not sitting back healing people that retreat!

This game is great for free. The PvP instances are not all desert but it is a shame there's no missions beyond level 15-18 or so.

If you haven't tried out a medic yet, give it a shot. This game handles healers well.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Winnow wrote:
Chidoro wrote:Terrific, says I'm missing:
physxcudart_20.dll

This might help:

http://forum.globalagendagame.com/phpbb ... 8&p=498068
Thanks, it did. Someone on that thread pointed out that there is a check in the options on the launcher you can run to serach and add any required files you may be missing. It worked and I built an assualt guy but had to take off for work after about only 10-15 minutes of play. Just happy that it worked and that the game itself did the work for me once I knew it was there to ask it.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

This game is not very good.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

True, but it has/had potential. Problem now is that is screams, "rough demo".
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

The first ~15 levels are fun...
After that, there's no compelling reason to keep playing.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:The first ~15 levels are fun...
After that, there's no compelling reason to keep playing.
You must suck at PvP
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Nah... I'm playing other games that have better PVP and far more content.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:Nah... I'm playing other games that have better PVP and far more content.
The solo content does end abruptly around level ~15.

It feels unfinished as the tutorial takes place in a cool looking city and then you never see that city again, just dessert.

The PvP is fun though. Best part of PvP in this game is it requires skill. Levels don't matter that much in PvP. It's especially satisfying playing as a medic or if you have a good medic on the team.

Great for free. As for it being originally a pay game, that would suck. A few follow up zones for 15-30 and 30-45 would have been nice.
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Poll: How many more times will Winnow use dessert to describe the open area zone? :lol:
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

watt air yew taking abbot?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I am actually just surprised you are enjoying a graphically inferior game. Free or not, it is just not that good! Content would have glossed over some of the engine flaws. I don't even need to wash out a screenie to make that obvious.

Like I said, it would be totally playable beyond the one day mark if it had content. No, hub-based PVP is not valid content.
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

So this game seems to install a fun little P2P service that's set to run on system startup.
My daily upload is rarely over 100 megs... after installing this, it jumped to 8.5 gigs.

Didn't notice until Friday and I at first I thought that someone had hacked my wireless, so I changed the security, turned off broadcast and started running a monitor on my router.
Seeing no change, I installed network monitors on all my PCs and finally traced it down to my main/gaming PC.

Stopping the HiRez Updater service stopped the uploads.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:So this game seems to install a fun little P2P service that's set to run on system startup.
My daily upload is rarely over 100 megs... after installing this, it jumped to 8.5 gigs.

Didn't notice until Friday and I at first I thought that someone had hacked my wireless, so I changed the security, turned off broadcast and started running a monitor on my router.
Seeing no change, I installed network monitors on all my PCs and finally traced it down to my main/gaming PC.

Stopping the HiRez Updater service stopped the uploads.
Thanks for the heads up. That's fucked up. I'll remove that asap as well as the game. I have no tolerance for companies that do shit like that.

It's set for start up on reboot or start when game starts? I'm not home can't check atm.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

System start, it's installed as a service.

I have no problems with MMOs using a P2P service to distribute patches and updates, but I do have a problem with it running as a service and not being given the option to easily turn it off.

Not that it's terribly difficult for me to set it to manual start... but I don't think the average MMO player knows their way around the windows MMC.

Uninstalling the game also works. :)
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

I was going to mention this program requirement when this thread first started, but assumed ya'll knew about it already. Bummer.

The program in question is the downloader required to get the install files, "Pando". Avoid any game/program which requires this preferrably, or at the minimum make sure to uninstall it the moment you're done downloading and installing the game.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Specifically, the HiRez Updater launches the Akamai Net Session client which hides itself in a svchost process.

But yeah... pando, akamai... same shit, different pile.
At least most of the companies that pump out those free-to-play MMOs that use Pando have the decency to turn it off when the game isn't running.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

thanks for the heads-up. Those douchebags!
en kærlighed småkager
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Holy Shit!
Just checked my current data usage, I averaged between 10 and 25 gigs a month. Starting in July, 173 gigs. August 202 gigs, and 72 gig already this month.

That is really fucked up. Uninstalling removes this garbage? because it's off tonight one way or another
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Chidoro wrote:Holy Shit!
Just checked my current data usage, I averaged between 10 and 25 gigs a month. Starting in July, 173 gigs. August 202 gigs, and 72 gig already this month.

That is really fucked up. Uninstalling removes this garbage? because it's off tonight one way or another
Yeah, it's not the game itself, it's Pando which is a service a lot of free games use to download their installs. You can search for pando in your uninstall programs in control panel and remove and still play game but I was so pissed I uninstalled everything.