Firelands is out. Anyone still playing?

WoW Discussion
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Firelands is out. Anyone still playing?

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

So firelands is out and I have to say, it has really piqued my interest in WoW again. I was getting burned out, but I am having a blast in firelands. So far there are way fewer bugs on the actual boss fights (though it seems Alysrazor has a pretty hardcore one) than tier 11 and the fights are just fun overall.

7\7 normal the first week, but we way outgeared it and were close to completing the heroics in T11. Looking forward to heroics next week.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Firelands is out. Anyone still playing?

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Still play. Still casual. I liked the in game cinematic that starts the quests though.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

My sub actually ran out on patch day. I had hoped to be able to check out the new stuff, but the "release date" kept getting pushed by another week...
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Fairweather Pure wrote:Still play. Still casual. I liked the in game cinematic that starts the quests though.
Yeah, the Firelands dailies are awesome once you get actually into the Molten Front as well. I'm working toward the first of the 125 world tree mark quests, but it seems that as you progress and finish more of the quests, the zone will change around you, ala Isle of QD, and you choose which parts to change first and who to bring in. Also, each new spot you open opens new vendors that sell ilevel 365 gear. I'm hoping I run into a good agi necklace as its one of my last spots that is not 372-378.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Poopsockers are crying over the quantity of trash this raid contains. Watched a video, and it does seem really excessive. Glad I quit.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Didn't EQ teach people anything? Trash mobs = challenge. Duh!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm into the dalies and are liking them a lot. This is probably due to the fact that I have skipped dalies so far for this expansion (with the exception of the cooking dalie!). Since this patch, my gear has gotten some very nice upgrades. I'm still casual though!
Last edited by Fairweather Pure on July 5, 2011, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

As I found my time being constrained from raid-ready to casual-only, dailies became one of the most insulting aspects of WoW's gameplay for me.

FFS Blizzard, I have less time; I did not suffer irreparable brain damage.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

masteen wrote:As I found my time being constrained from raid-ready to casual-only, dailies became one of the most insulting aspects of WoW's gameplay for me.

FFS Blizzard, I have less time; I did not suffer irreparable brain damage.

That is the biggest problem I have with dailies. It would be cool if there were some truly challenging group dailies with good rewards (lots of marks, gold, maybe a bag with a random item or something).
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

...and a better rotation/variety of quests
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fucking yawn. I might take them up on the free 7 day offer they sent me recently just to make sure nothing is missing from my character. I got a email about the time the RSA token algorithm was hacked that I had changed account info (it was a valid email from Blizzard), I didn't see any changes to my account and wanted to log in to check, but wasn't going to pay 15 dollars to do so.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

masteen wrote:FFS Blizzard, I have less time; I did not suffer irreparable brain damage.
Dailies are a lot cheaper to produce than actual content :)
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

I did the 7 day free thing and got bored with the daily quests pretty quick. :(

There's only so many fiery invaders you can slay and wounded defenders you can bandage before it gets old again.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Stupidly repetitive dailies are one thing I'm hoping Bioware did NOT copy from the WoW-formula.

Being sent to remote (and different) corners of the galaxy to find rare materials I can handle. Having to gather the same rancor ass for an entire year, I will not tolerate.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I just unlocked my first 150 badge quest today. I'm still enjoying the dailies, although I certainly do not do them every day.

I PvPed with guild mates last night and earned 4k honor in a little over 4 hours. That blew my mind, so I plan on doing that as often as possible! 10 guild mates on Vent make the wins pretty much automatic. We never had a close match the entire time I played with them. They were some serious blowouts!
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Played since Beta and I quit about a month ago. The content is dry and I am sick of all the complaining. It will probably take a new race and class combination to bring me back at this point. I do like the game but when I log on and sit there wondering what to do then it's time to quit. Strangly enough, I resubbed to CoH with my son and am having a decent time with their new content.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I originally stopped playing WoW when it reached the point where I logged in purely out of habit with no specific goal in mind. I would log in and kind of see what happened and go with the flow. I had all the gear I could attain on my own for both PvP and PvE for 4 specs, so I had also hit the ceiling on things to do in the game, yet still logged in for some reason. That is when I got burnt out (both times) and took extended breaks from the game.

Now, it's small bites here and there and I always have at least a goal of what I want to accomplish before I log in. I also have lots of gear to attain at this point. These are likely the reason I am having so much fun right now.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Once you start unlocking more daily quest chains, you earn badges at a pretty fast rate! I only have 1 more 125 badge quest to go. Also, the money has been a godsend since I'm always pretty poor in this game.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Fairweather Pure wrote:Once you start unlocking more daily quest chains, you earn badges at a pretty fast rate! I only have 1 more 125 badge quest to go. Also, the money has been a godsend since I'm always pretty poor in this game.
Yeah, these new dailies started to actually get pretty fun and interesting when I unlocked the druids and shadow wardens. Still repetitive and easy, but kills some time, gives me a chance to gank some alliance, and at least can choose between druids and wardens each day if I don't feel like doing one set of the dailies.

You are right about the cash too. It is nice, and the items you can buy are awesome...especially if you are not a raider (I'm actually using the agi ring and I am a raider, and will grab the stamina trinket as well when I fill the moonwell).