Post by Leonaerd »

this is obama's fault
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Obama's speech was fuckin' BOSS. People celebrating in the streets!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Thanks to the constant pressure Bush kept on Bin Laden, Obama was able to finish up and kill him.

At least we won't have to go through the tenth anniversary of 911 wondering what Bin Laden is up to.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow wrote:Thanks to the constant pressure Bush kept on Bin Laden...
Bin Laden wasn't in Iraq.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Winnow wrote:Thanks to the constant pressure Bush kept on Bin Laden, Obama was able to finish up and kill him.

At least we won't have to go through the tenth anniversary of 911 wondering what Bin Laden is up to.
blahblahblahlooseningthejamjarlidblahblahbirtherdeatherteabaggercrapblahblahblah
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Trump asks for offical death certificate!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

This was happy news indeed this morning.

Let's just hope Al-quaida isn't like a hydra where 3 new heads that pop up to replace the one that was just lopped off.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Okay, so no more terrorism then... Ok great.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

:vv_signlol:
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

larrfffff
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

miir wrote:Okay, so no more terrorism then... Ok great.
I don't think anyone believes that. However as the most recognizable face in world terrorism it's definitely a small victory.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Aslanna wrote:
miir wrote:Okay, so no more terrorism then... Ok great.
I don't think anyone believes that. However as the most recognizable face in world terrorism it's definitely a small victory.
It was a joke dude, lighten up!
8)
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

amazing how quickly we forget

granted, bush's claim was that he didn't want bin laden tried in a third country's court system
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookou ... dens-death

Man tweets live osama raid.

"I didn't kill him. Let me sleep"

hehe
Sohaib Athar, whose Twitter handle is ReallyVirtual, describes himself as "an IT consultant taking a break from the rat-race by hiding in the mountains with his laptops." On Monday in Pakistan, when the operation occurred, he first wrote that he heard a helicopter hovering over the town of Abbottabad, a rare event in the small village.

"A huge window shaking bang here in Abbottabad Cantt. I hope its not the start of something nasty :-S" he then wrote. Over the next few hours, he speculated with other users on Twitter about whether the helicopter was Pakistani or not. After President Obama's address on the death of Osama Bin Laden, he put two and two together, referencing someone else's statement that "the helicopter crash in Abbottabad, Pakistan and the President Obama breaking news address are connected."

Thousands of Twitter users found his stream and added him and Athar wrote that he was receiving dozens of requests for interviews from reporters.

"Uh oh, now I'm the guy who liveblogged the Osama raid without knowing it," he wrote.

His last tweet, written two hours ago, sounded a note of desperation.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

"President Obama Watched Live Video Of Bin Laden Raid As It Happened"

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-wa ... aid-2011-5
President Obama watched live video of the raid on Bin Laden's compound yesterday, a source tells us.

In operations like this, our source says, soldiers and pilots often carry helmet cameras, and screens in situation rooms can carry live images from all of them.

In a press conference this afternoon, head of counter-terrorism John Brennan said Obama's reaction when Bin Laden was killed was "We got him."

We doubt the US will release video or photos of the Bin Laden raid, but in this age of Wikileaks, anything's possible.
I wonder if Obama yelled out, "BOOM HEADSHOT!"

It had to be tense in the operations center.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It seems like knowing the President is watching you live might add unnecessay stress to an already intense situation. Well, chances are they didn't know/weren't told he may be watching live, but it's still something to think about in the future.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Fairweather Pure wrote:It seems like knowing the President is watching you live might add unnecessay stress to an already intense situation. Well, chances are they didn't know/weren't told he may be watching live, but it's still something to think about in the future.
They're the Navy fucking SEALs, it wouldn't have mattered.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Look, I hate Bush as much as the next guy, but this killing has brought out the absolute stupidity of the "Liberal Vs. Conservative" rhetoric.

First off, how can the Liberal group claim virtually everything that is wrong in the US is Bush and his cronies fault. They claim Obama cannot turn around something that has been in the works for 8 prior years. Suddenly BOOM BIN LADEN DEAD...and now they are acting like 8 years of prior work never happened. The same holds true for the Rebublicans who claim everything going wrong is Obama's fault, like he should be able to fix the prior 8 years immediately and BOOM BIN LADEN DEAD...now they are trying to point to the 8 years of work under Bush as the reason. It is hilarious watching these idiots on TV making hypocritical statements, but I guess they have been doing it for years, so they probably don't even realize they are doing it anymore.

Spang, I understand you excitement. This President needed a big victory and he was in charge when it happened so he gets the "win". A lot of other people are actually responsible for this. Any and every President we would have had would have made the exact same call, so it really is pretty silly to let him or anyone, other then those kids who pulled this off, take the credit. The lead came from Gitmo, which most (myself included) wanted shut down. The people involved and doing the operation were not there under any party flag, they were there as US Military men and women. Can we just have a day where the idiots put away the politcal agenda and let us be, as Obama said last night..."One Nation...Indivisible with Liberty and Justice for All?"
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

We just got an email, my mother in law's best friend has a nephew that was on the raid last night. He was given security release to call his wife after and tell her he was ok and she called the mom. I am not sure how much of this is real. Will be cool to hear some details if it is. (Or as much detail as he can tell).
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Tyek wrote:Spang, I understand you excitement. This President needed a big victory and he was in charge when it happened so he gets the "win". A lot of other people are actually responsible for this. Any and every President we would have had would have made the exact same call, so it really is pretty silly to let him or anyone, other then those kids who pulled this off, take the credit.
Going into Pakistan to get bin Laden was an Obama campaign promise. When he made the promise, all the right-wing nutbags could do is criticize him, including McCain. The brave men and women of our armed services go where ever the Commander-in-Chief tells them to go. When Bush was president, he told them to invade Iraq, where there were no weapons of mass destruction or Osama bin Laden. As a president, Obama had our courageous warriors go into Pakistan, where bin Laden actually was. As a result, the mission was actually accomplished.

Bush could have accomplished this mission several years ago in Afghanistan if he really wanted to. He chose to invade this whole other country instead, where countless innocent civilians were slaughtered and, to date, 4,452 American servicemen and women (and 318 coalition) have died.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

24 young men and women did the job. I repeat, any President, regardless of Party affiliation, would have made the same call last night. Congrats Obama for making the right call, but as I said, don't blame EVERYTHING wrong on the prior 8 years, then call the positive thing something only Obama could do and that 8 years of prior work did not help.

You have been awfully quiet the last few months while Obama was making mistakes and things were going badly, yet you were one of the loudest when Bush was doing the same thing. I have no problem with you having a specific idealogy, I just wish the people who were so extreme in their views would own up when their "guy" makes mistakes. Instead I see, Bush sucks, yada yada yada. Obama rules, yada yada yada. I still like Obama more then Bush, I would still vote for him looking back, but I also know he has made A LOT of mistakes...can you admit the same?
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Sorry Spang and others, just drove for the first time in 6 weeks and the nerve damage pain is draining me and making me grumpy...so very tired of hurting...
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Spang nailed my feelings on the subject. If we were not distracted with Iraq, OBL would have been dead years ago. There is no doubt in my mind on that. He got lost in the shuffle.

Obama deserves the credit for this akin to the same way that an owner of a national football team deserves the super bowl trophy. No, he is not the man throwing the touchdown pass. No, he is not the man calling the plays day by day. However, he is absolutely the one responsible for setting up the proper staff, trainers, and everything else that goes into encouraging and making the goal possible. He is an essential part of the puzzle, perhaps the most important because he ultimately decides yes or no. (Luck is also involved as well, just like all things)

People seem to forget that it was just a couple of years ago that Obama gave the order to have those Somali pirates killed at sea. That was a very similar situation. He didn't shoot those pirates either, but he had balls of steel to give that kill order. In both cases, in hindsight is easy as hell to say he made the correct and obvious decision. However, that is only because these were successful endeavors. The first time he approves an action that fails, people will want his head on a pike. That's just the way things work. You cannot have it both ways. Obama walks away with the credit for this victory.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Tyek wrote:Sorry Spang and others, just drove for the first time in 6 weeks and the nerve damage pain is draining me and making me grumpy...so very tired of hurting...

No need to apologize. I do totally understand your point.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Tyek wrote:24 young men and women did the job. I repeat, any President, regardless of Party affiliation, would have made the same call last night.
Only if the president was focusing his or her efforts in Pakistan. McCain, who criticized Obama's campaign promise to go into Pakistan, would not have made the same call last night, because he probably would have been focusing his efforts in Iran.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Tyek wrote:You have been awfully quiet the last few months while Obama was making mistakes and things were going badly...
On this forum, yes. But I'm awfully quiet on this forum in general. On a political forum that I frequent and post in a lot, I have not been. Of the Obama supporters who post on this particular forum, I probably criticize him the most.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote: Bush could have accomplished this mission several years ago in Afghanistan if he really wanted to. He chose to invade this whole other country instead

You do understand that Bush/U.S. invaded Afghanistan before invading Iraq and kicked the ever loving shit out of the Taliban right? While Bush didn't get Bin Laden in Afghanistan, it's not from lack of trying. Bin Laden escaped. Bush didn't have 8 months to prepare. Fragments of Americans were still being found at ground zero while we prepared to invade Afghanistan. Americans as well as most of the world wanted action. They were infuriated that Clinton had let this madman live, failing to kill him earlier and failing to heed the warnings.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Less than 24 hours and people are already arguing. But really there's nothing to argue about. Bin Laden was gotten on Obama's watch not Bush's. That's not to say the Bush administration wasn't going after him but they missed. Acknowledge and move on there's more important shit to worry about.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

They weren't watching Celebrity Apprentice.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

It's a good win on Obama's watch, the worlds' a better place without Osama in it. He was a skilled politician and strategist, losing him is a blow to Al Queida.
Winnow wrote:They were infuriated that Clinton had let this madman live, failing to kill him earlier and failing to heed the warnings.
Similarly to Bush shooting the messengers that the financial meltdown was imminent, as Clinton had before him? Or energygate where it's realistically speculated that contracts for post Invasion Iraqi oil were given away to Cheney's pals? Reports of the Iraqi response to that after the "win" were quickly squashed, had it been reported widely Bush term 2 wouldn't have happened. While the world is a better place without Sadaam, Iraq was invaded for oil. Didn't work out too well.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

[Updated 7:12 p.m. ET] President Barack Obama will travel to New York City on Thursday to visit the site of the former World Trade Center and meet with families of those who died in the September 11 attacks, a senior White House official said.
milk it!
[Updated 4:10 p.m. ET] The United States expects that a recording from Osama bin Laden - made before he was killed, with the intention that his supporters would distribute it upon his death - will be released, a U.S. official has told CNN.
Dollars to Donuts says somewhere in that message a "Jihad" will be declared.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Why are so many people arguing about which President ought to get credit? Jesus fucking christ. Retarded.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sueven wrote:Why are so many people arguing about which President ought to get credit? Jesus fucking christ. Retarded.

Better yet, some people are even arguing if it happened at all. VV's retard brigade pretty much disappeared after Obama won the election, but if they were around I'm sure they would believe the entire thing was made up by the Obama Administration.

As far as arguing here, it just takes one person to say something outlandish and people gotta defend sanity. It's the same reason people argue with birthers, tea partiers, and creationists. You have to keep these people in check or else they will think they have a legitimate opinion, or even worse, allow their stupid to spread like a disease!
Last edited by Fairweather Pure on May 2, 2011, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

I started it, heard it on the radio and thought it was crazy. Listened to a couple voices and they turned a good thing back into a political one. I came on here and vented, then it went sideways...Jesus I even apologized. I am not upset at Obama or Bush, just pointing out the stupidity of turning every issue into a Lib vs Conservative thing. I have also already started seeing the "Bush killed him years ago, this is BS Obama did not do a thing" rhetoric on a soccer message board believe it or not.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Winnow wrote:Americans as well as most of the world wanted action.
I don't remember there being very much support for "action" in Iraq from the public. It was Bush using his golden opportunity of Amurikan's saying "fuck yeah bomb em' all muthafuckah!!! oh, wait, nascar's on, bbl! yo wilma, turn up that toby keith shiznit! boot in ya ass, o ya!"
Winnow wrote:They were infuriated that Clinton had let this madman live, failing to kill him earlier and failing to heed the warnings.
You do realize Bush ignored more dire and immediate threats than anyone else, right? You seriously keep a straight face saying it was Clinton that failed to heed warnings? orly? Guess you've forgotten Bush didn't want to bother swatting the flies that was Osama bin Laden and his followers.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

As far as the folks dancing with joy over this, I don't understand it. It's like putting a dog that bit someone to sleep. Needed but not something to have a party over.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Aab: Agreed. I'm happy he's dead, but it's more of a somber than a celebratory happy.

Tyek: Didn't mean to go after you; just the general culture of converting any event whatsoever into an opportunity to analyze partisan gains and losses. More of a cable news / internet "news" site phenomenon than a VV one.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Sueven wrote:Why are so many people arguing about which President ought to get credit? Jesus fucking christ. Retarded.

Better yet, some people are even arguing if it happened at all. VV's retard brigade pretty much disappeared after Obama won the election, but if they were around I'm sure they would believe the entire thing was made up by the Obama Administration.

Seriously? The reason it is quiet is because you libtard idiots are not bitching about everything because one of yours is in office. When gas was $4 fucking 25 a gallon under Bush, you idiots were ranting about Bush and his oil cronies. Where the fuck is your outrage now? Basically, liberals generate 10 times the noise that normal conservatives do. Maybe you would have a lot of shit coming if there were tea party crazies around, but there is no goddamn comparison at all between your level of stupid shit and a rational conservative.

And to Spang....it would not have mattered one iota if we were out of Iraq or had never entered that country when dealing with bin Laden. Pakistan is a whole different fucking country with a whole different level of support. They were not going to let the US just waltz through busting down doors. It took this long to find that fucker because we did NOT have full support from those Pakistani fucks, not because we were in Iraq. If you can't comprehend that, then you are even dumber than I originaly penciled you down for.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Sueven wrote:Aab: Agreed. I'm happy he's dead, but it's more of a somber than a celebratory happy.

Tyek: Didn't mean to go after you; just the general culture of converting any event whatsoever into an opportunity to analyze partisan gains and losses. More of a cable news / internet "news" site phenomenon than a VV one.
No worries Sueven, I started driving this weekend and the nerve damage pain drained me. I walkedvaround and played and coached soccer for 4 months with no problem with 5 fractures in my foot. I walked on my foot when it was still broken, doing physical therapy...stopped eating from pain but that was it, but this nerve damage is just so damn draining. It hits randomly and stays intense where other pain dulls out.

On topic, I agree with most. Glad he is dead, but not a big cause to celebrate.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:And to Spang....it would not have mattered one iota if we were out of Iraq or had never entered that country when dealing with bin Laden. Pakistan is a whole different fucking country with a whole different level of support. They were not going to let the US just waltz through busting down doors. It took this long to find that fucker because we did NOT have full support from those Pakistani fucks, not because we were in Iraq. If you can't comprehend that, then you are even dumber than I originaly penciled you down for.
Bin Laden could have and should have been killed or captured in Afghanistan in 2001 or '02. And if that's what Bush really wanted, he had the resources to accomplish that mission. But he needed to save much of those resources for the invasion of Iraq. Capturing or killing Saddam Hussein was far more important to the warmonger.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

http://youtu.be/mKD2sG0rDT4

Skip to the 1:13 mark for the funniest part (from a FOX News affiliate)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Seriously? The reason it is quiet is because you libtard idiots are not bitching about everything because one of yours is in office. When gas was $4 fucking 25 a gallon under Bush, you idiots were ranting about Bush and his oil cronies. Where the fuck is your outrage now? Basically, liberals generate 10 times the noise that normal conservatives do. Maybe you would have a lot of shit coming if there were tea party crazies around, but there is no goddamn comparison at all between your level of stupid shit and a rational conservative.
I'm bitching about gas prices every day. $4.30 here now and I wouldn't be surprised if it hits $5 this summer. Bush and his oil cronies still fucking us!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If Bush didn't invade Iraq, gas would be $6/gallon!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:When gas was $4 fucking 25 a gallon under Bush, you idiots were ranting about Bush and his oil cronies.
And as it turns out, that had and has far more to do with Reagan and Clinton than Bush v2 or Obama, except perhaps that Obama's administration caved to the RNC and failed to re-regulate those markets. Bush never even considered it.