Osama Bin Laden Dead

What do you think about the world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead

Post by Winnow »

[Posted at 2:27 p.m.] Osama bin Laden was not armed when he was shot and killed by U.S. forces in the assault on his compound in Pakistan, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Tuesday.

The al Qaeda leader resisted the assault on his compound, Carney said, adding: "I think resistance does not require a firearm."

Carney described how the U.S. Navy SEALs carrying out the operation went floor-to-floor clearing the three-story compound where bin Laden's family lived with another family.

Three people were killed on the first floor, including a woman, and then the U.S. forces moved upstairs where they found bin Laden, Carney said.

"Bin Laden was then shot and killed," Carney said. "He was not armed."

On Monday, President Barack Obama's top counterterrorism adviser, John Brennan, said bin Laden was resisting and had a weapon, though it was unclear if bin Laden had fired a shot.
Sounds something like, "There were WMDs!"...and then, "No WMDs were found"...although this is more blatant lying. Nice work Obama administration.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

grasp at straws much?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

For some bizarre reason I read Joe Biden instead of bin Laden
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The Hunt for Bin Laden, in Numbers

A few statistics from what was arguably the most expensive manhunt in history.

The Source w/ Sources
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Think of all the lives and money that would've been saved if we would not have invaded Iraq. Finding and killing Osama in the dead of night was so much easier and cheaper!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Again, this has nothing to do with Iraq or Bush or Obama. If you don't think Bush would have loved to have had bin Laden dead while he was in office, then you would have to be brain dead. Getting info from Gitmo only makes Bush and Obama look better for having kept it open for business. What should be disturbing is that Pakistan pretty much had to know he was there....and if they did not truly know then they would have to be completely incompetent.

Ironically, Iraq would be much less of an issue if they had approached taking out Saddam in the same way. It would have saved countless lives by taking him out with a special ops team, but would have caused a bigger ruckus than invading.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

There's a big difference in taking out the leader of a country versus the leader of a terrorist organization. I actually don't have a problem with how they got Osama. Terrorism isn't a conventional war so it calls for unconventional means. I wouldn't have a problem with them taking out every leader al qaeda names in the organization.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

After shouting "Geronimo!" to their commander over radio—the signal that indicated the death of bin Laden from a shot above his eye—the SEALs grabbed all the electronic material they could find in the compound and ran with it and Osama's body to their custom MH-60 Black Hawk helicopters.

With their weapons still hot, the commando handed the electronic material to a special team of CIA and military intelligence operatives. According to a US official speaking to Politico, hundreds are going through the data in a secret location in Afghanistan:

They cleaned it out. Can you imagine what's on Osama bin Laden's hard drive? It's going to be great even if only 10 per cent of it is actionable.

Decrypting "the mother lode of intelligence"

Indeed, given the amount of material recovered, his enthusiam seems more than justified. We can only speculate about the state of the data, but even if some of the equipment was damaged during the attack, it appears that most of it is intact.

We don't know if "the mother lode of intelligence"—as that official called it—in the hard drives and memory sticks is encrypted or not. Given Osama's level of confidence—the circumstances appear to indicate that he was very comfortable and felt very secure in his lair—the idea of some of the data not being encrypted is not that crazy.

But even if it is, the US intelligence agencies have the necessary computing power and the expertise to crack the information open, even if the terrorists are using the AES-256 standard. You can be sure that, if there are any encrypted files, they are now being processed by supercomputers at CIA's headquarters. The only question is how fast they can access the information. That's the critical part: the fastest they get it, the more actionable that information would be, leading to the fast capture or killing of other leaders and operatives in the al Qaeda network.
wtf? My truecrypt drives are not secure?? nooooooo
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Ironically, Iraq would be much less of an issue if they had approached taking out Saddam in the same way.
There's a FUCKING COLOSSAL difference between assassinating the president of a sovereign nation and taking out a terrorist scumbag.
It would have saved countless lives by taking him out with a special ops team, but would have caused a bigger ruckus than invading
It would have saved even more lives if Bush hadn't invaded and occupied Iraq in the first place.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

It would be cool to see a domino effect of evil terrorist leaders gettin it good after they decrypt this info. Between this and the Sony stuff going on, it's an exciting time for IT.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Pretty sure state sanctioned assassination is illegal...
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It's ok, the libs will look the other way...it was an Obama accomplishment. They don't want to spoil a rare thing.

For the record, I'm OK with going in there with a green light to kill Bin Laden no matter what. They just shouldn't have lied about it. It's funny watching the Libs dance around the issue.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

lib this, lib that, what the fuck are you even trying to say?
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

the winnow is malfunctioning
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Winnow wrote:wtf? My truecrypt drives are not secure?? nooooooo
Even with the massively parallel math processors the NSA is reported to have built it's not going to be fast unless he (Osama) was an idiot.

We don't have any liberals or conservatives, both terms are a distractor used by the other side sort of like a red cape.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Now all the sudden there are no libs! Just wait until a republican shoots someone in the face with a shotgun (ok the other guy was holding a gun)....the libs will return!
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

"The libs" need a constant feed of pure insanity to thrive.

If you get Midnyte back, they will return in a vain attempt to educate the retarded.

Kilmoll does his best, but he's both too wordy and expressing opinion instead of presenting delusional fantasy as fact.

Winnow tries, but we all know he's just expressing whatever version of reality will make stock prices increase, so there's no argument to be had there either.

Ahh, the good old days...
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Winnow wrote:Now all the sudden there are no libs! Just wait until a republican shoots someone in the face with a shotgun (ok the other guy was holding a gun)....the libs will return!
If we had "liberals" in the Fox News sense of the word we'd have federal\public health care today rather than a new way to send money to insurance companies, markets would have been re-regulated, etc, etc.. There is no spoon.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Aabidano wrote:There is no spoon.
There also is no economy, just a new bubble every decade that will expand until it explodes. This one's being built on commodity speculation by the same money changers that brought us the Great Recession! Good times ahead for Winnows, more bad times for everyone else.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Consumers and businesses are opening their wallets; tech usually rises and crashes first and there's a flurry of spending and hiring going on. Or attempted hiring anyway. Shortage of experienced bodies as lots bailed out and aren't coming back. Or like me realize the grass probably isn't any greener and don't move.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Frenzy of tech IPOs right now, investment banks will pump them up, hoover in the dollars then tsk, tsk as 9 out of 10 go under at their (the investment banks') customers' expense.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

We've been duped!
Is bin Laden dead?

Newscasts tell us Osama bin Laden is dead. We have heard the words but we haven't seen any firm proof. Now, wouldn't the facts that have been reported make more sense if we supposed that bin Laden may in fact have been captured - secretly - alive?

Consider where U.S. secret services and the White House needed Osama bin Laden alive. The answer is two-sided:

No, they didn't – because holding bin Laden in custody might have prompted hostage-taking raids and terrorism threats from his supporters demanding his release; because rights groups might have lashed out at the administration over the conditions of his captivity; because as a public figure he would have received far more limelight and a stronger following alive than dead. And yet:

Yes, they did – because bin Laden possessed a plethora of information about al-Qaeda plans for future attacks, about the organization's structure, methods of communication, chain of command. The knowledge he held in his head certainly exceeded by far the data found on computer files, flash drives, DVDs and documents that were taken from the compound where he lived.

How would you meet the strong need to have bin Laden dead – and yet alive at the same time? Well, if they did it, here's what might have happened...

The reason we might believe bin Laden is dead is not because President Obama said so. American presidents, after all, can lie as well as any other person when it suits their purposes, and have been known to do so. (Anything from Watergate to former President Clinton's denials regarding "Monicagate" are all cases in point). We have yet to see postmortem photographs of bin Laden. Even those can hardly be considered hard evidence, given the possibilities of Photoshop, and Obama said he would not authorize their release anyway. The body, we are told, has been buried at sea, ruling out any possibility of exhumation.

The reason we might have believed bin Laden was dead is because his own daughter apparently said so. When a 12- or 13-year-old girl (reports on her exact age are contradictory) says she saw her father dead, one tends to think she is either telling the truth – or at least what she believes to be the truth. The CIA, quite understandably, denies the girl's claims that she saw her father captured alive and then shot dead. But even if she thinks she saw exactly that – does it prove he is dead? Not any more than seeing a wild animal shot with tranquilizers and falling down proves that the animal is dead. It's easy to deceive a young child. Was bin Laden really dead when the special forces team took his body out of the compound – or was he merely tranquilized and appeared dead to a shocked young girl?

The latter option would be so much more convenient for special services. With the world believing that bin Laden is dead, interrogators can probe his brain about terrorism plans without bothersome interruption or interference. The guy is dead. Gone. He doesn't exists. He is no longer somebody whose prisoner's rights can be protected or whose release can be demanded. No rights advocate is going to say anything about waterboarding if there is nobody to waterboard. No terrorists are going to take hostages to demand a prisoner's release if there is no prisoner to be released. Interrogate away! And maybe save some more lives through that, as George W. Bush once vowed to do.

That is, of course, if they did it.
I'd be completely OK with this if they were grilling Bin Laden for info. Buried at sea. No picture. It's actually a good plan if you wanted to peel back the fingernails of Bin Laden without riots and such. A few days of "interrogation" before he's put down is worth it. Best part is we'll never know so the Libs can't get their panties in a bunch.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Is bin Laden dead?
It sounds like birthers have their next issue to beat into the ground.
Last edited by Aslanna on May 6, 2011, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

They will have to change their name to 'deathers'
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Word has it that Bin Laden's being kept up in Canada in a maximum security igloo.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

The birthers would be all about torturing that fuck.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:Word has it that Bin Laden's being kept up in Canada in a maximum security igloo.
I hope they confiscated his lighter!
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Al Qaeda confirms bin Laden is quite dead:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/ ... 7920110506

That was a really retarded thing to post Winnow, and I'm guessing you did it in jest, but I can;t always tell.

Should the US release the picture?
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Gzette wrote:Al Qaeda confirms bin Laden is quite dead:

That was a really retarded thing to post Winnow, and I'm guessing you did it in jest, but I can;t always tell.

Um, what does that prove? It shows that Bin laden was known to be at the compound at most, not that he's dead. How would Al Qaeda know if a captured Bin laden was dead?

I'm not looking to start conspiracy but their statement means nothing. They even talk about the handling of the body even though the US says it's been buried at sea already.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Pakistani security officials have charged that U.S. troops, after landing by helicopter, shot the unarmed al Qaeda leader in cold blood rather than in a firefight, as U.S. officials first suggested.

Amid differing accounts this week of how much hostile fire the SEALs encountered in the compound, one Pakistani security official said on Friday that U.S. forces should release video footage he said they "must have" of the operation.

U.N. human rights investigators called on the United States to disclose the full facts "to allow an assessment in terms of international human rights law standards.
Bin Laden deserved whatever end he got. Whether he put up a fight or not isn't relevant to me. Did the people on the planes that flew into the WTC get to fight for their life? Fuck that guy.

--
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Winnow wrote:
Gzette wrote:Al Qaeda confirms bin Laden is quite dead:

Um, what does that prove? It shows that Bin laden was known to be at the compound at most, not that he's dead. How would Al Qaeda know if a captured Bin laden was dead?

I'm not looking to start conspiracy but their statement means nothing. They even talk about the handling of the body even though the US says it's been buried at sea already.
Then why the hell did you post that shit stained drivel above. Fuck man... just ... fuck
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Gzette wrote:
Then why the hell did you post that shit stained drivel above. Fuck man... just ... fuck

Because i find it entirely feasible that the U.S. Black Ops/Intelligence would want to grill Obama for knowledge before killing him and the best way to go about that would be to declare him dead so as to not have to worry about interference. Dead is dead...whats another hour or day before he died if we got some important intelligence. I'm not saying it happened. I think it could happen though. I'm not worried about it. I don't believe things any government says including my own without considering the possibilities.

We kept secret during WW2 that we had cracked the German's secret code in order to use the information later. They (and I mean the Allies as Churchill knew as well) even let a city be bombed in England instead of revealing they deciphered the order to bomb it. If we can hide things back in the 40's, we can do the same present day.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Winnow's right.

To be honest, it would be a relief to hear he's being pounded for information. Take that as you will. ;-)
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Winnow wrote:Because i find it entirely feasible that the U.S. Black Ops/Intelligence would want to grill Obama for knowledge before killing him
Call the seekrit servix, Winnow has uncovered a comspirisy to cook and possibly eat the President!

Either that or he's finally revealing what a tacitly racist shitbag he is.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

masteen wrote:
Maybe you're the racist shitbag. Where's the racism in my statements? Did I mention the race of anyone? I might be a little prejudiced toward terrorists but I don't see any mention of race here.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Winnow wrote:
masteen wrote:
Maybe you're the racist shitbag. Where's the racism in my statements? Did I mention the race of anyone? I might be a little prejudiced toward terrorists but I don't see any mention of race here.
You were talking about "Black Ops!"

:lol:
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:grill Obama for knowledge before killing him
:lol:
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Winnow wrote:
masteen wrote:
this
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Winnow wrote:
masteen wrote:
Lighten up and lrn2spell, Sally.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Allow me to shine my tinfoil hat first...

Link
The U.S. Navy Seals who killed Osama bin Laden recovered a number of the former al-Qaida leader’s journals at the Pakistan compound where he was hiding, but they were forced to leave behind detailed logs of bin Laden and al-Qaida activity that the Pakistanis have not yet shared, senior U.S. officials told NBC News on Wednesday.

It was not clear how much material was left behind when the Seals evacuated the compound in Abbottabad on May 1, but senior U.S. military officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said it could have been a substantial amount.
Bullshit!

Why doesn't the article reveal why they were forced to leave stuff behind? How do you possess a detailed log for long enough to know that it's important, then leave it behind anyway? Why even mention this at all?!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I think you're reading that wrong. I took it as "due to time constraints, we were forced to leave a pile of shit in bin Laden's den. The Pakistanis picked it up after we left, went through it, and confirmed that it was mostly detailed logs of al-Qaida activity, though they haven't yet shared the details with us." I would assume they were forced to leave stuff behind because they were under a time crunch, trying to get the mission completed before Pakistan scrambled their aircraft.

Or you could be right, they could have held a press conference strictly to point out their own ineptitude and/or draw light to a startling conspiracy that they don't want anyone to know about. :roll:
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

They were forced to leave it because they had to pile all the people and gear from the chopper that had engine failure.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I really hope they did keep Bin Laden alive for a while. I hope they tortured him mercilessly for at least a week, then hooked a massive battery up to his balls and cranked up the juice. Then, left him dead for just long enough to see that there weren't any virgins waiting for him in the light, and brought him back.

THEN, recorded him freaking out and losing faith because of the lack of said virgins, THEN put that shit on a thumb drive and courier it to his homies.

A man can dream.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I can't think of anything you can do to someone like him that meets the enormity of the crime, not without becoming like him.

Their afterlife might be something like this:
...Indeed, I do not know what they were expecting, but they certainly didn't seem prepared to be skewered from eye socket to bunghole and then placed on a spit so that their flesh could be roasted by the searing gale of flatus which issues forth from the haunches of Asmoday.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/hijack ... hell,1445/
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Authorities say a large stash of sexually explicit material has been found at the bin Laden compound.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestof ... cnn?hpt=T1

Not surprising to me. Just about all religious people are fake. (that includes whoever is reading this that believe they are religious and think they abide by whatever fantasy instructions are dreamed up for their cult)
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.