Socom 4

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Socom 4

Post by Funkmasterr »

I've been told several times I'm insane for never playing any of these games, so I tried the beta today. Color me unimpressed, I really don't see what people see in this game.

The controls are garbage, granted I'll see if you can change the control scheme to be a little better, but it's pretty bad. You have to hit L1 to aim, then click in the right stick to zoom.. Not sure why that's a two button motion.

Graphics are ok, nothing to write home about.

Everyone blends in with shit too much, if you get sniped there isn't a kill cam, and you can't see people if they are laying down on something a ways off.

Grenade spamming, glitching and spawn camping/trapping were all very much present. It's like they took all the worst parts of CoD and Halo and put them into a third person shooter.

I get a feeling that all the people that love this game are the types that play with a bunch of their friends, and work together to spawn trap people and think that they are just awesome. Spawn camping/trapping is for no talent douchebags.

I'm gonna play it some more with friends tomorrow night so we'll see if I change my mind at all, but I don't see this being a game I'll buy.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Socom 3

Post by Aslanna »

I believe it's socom 4.

But yeah.. Just another shooter when we have way too many of them. The shooter market needs to crash like the music game genre. Especially since they usually all skimp on the single player campaigns these days.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Socom 4

Post by Funkmasterr »

Oops, you're right, fixed.

Yeah, I prefer Killzone/Gears to this game. I was gonna get it if it was good, for a bit of a change of pace, but there are too many other good shooting games coming out this year to waste my money on one I won't play much.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Socom 4

Post by Funkmasterr »

Played more last night, and it still sucks, just as a fyi.