Where is your god now?!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Worldwide Conflict March 30th

Post by Canelek »

Saw this on http://www.riftjunkies.com

In the spirit of the internets, I'll post this now and verify accuracy later. Sounds like fun!
RIFT™ ERUPTS IN WORLDWIDE DYNAMIC CONFLICT MARCH 30TH

30-Day Update Heralds Massive Invasions, Unique Loot, and New Epic Raid Zone

Trion Worlds today announced the first worldwide, fully dynamic conflict event for the immensely successful MMORPG, RIFT™. The battle for Telara intensifies as world-changing invasions from the Plane of Death engulf the planet, giving Ascended heroes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of a key moment in the game’s history. Beginning March 30th, players will witness the true power of Regulos the Destroyer, and the world of RIFT will never be the same.

This robust update comes less than a month after the game’s March 1st launch, making it one of the most aggressive post-launch content releases ever for a new MMORPG.

Unprecedented Invasions & Exclusive Rewards

Starting next Wednesday, Alsbeth the Discordant will lead massive invasions across every zone in Telara, raising legions of liches, ettins, and gravemakers to battle Ascended. Over the course of about a week, participating players of any level fighting these invaders can earn hundreds of new items including exclusive rewards, such as a Spectral Horse and a transmogrifying disguise that turns Ascended into the rotting undead. But be warned: once the rifts are sealed, these items are gone forever.
en kærlighed småkager
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Worldwide Conflict March 30th

Post by masteen »

Canelek wrote:In the spirit of the internets, I'll post this now and verify accuracy later never.
Fixed that for you. Nobody fact checks on the innanetz. Fire-and-forget, baby!

Not that your post is inaccurate, just your assertion.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I try to be at least 25% perfectly accurate all the time. ;)

Looks like the infos is accurate since they have it posted on Zam as well.
en kærlighed småkager
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I heard rumors of this as well. What a great ploy to maintain subs. All those who were going to cancel after their 30 days free will most likely stay another month just to see how this pans out. I love it. Great marketing.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

So the Spectral Horse people can get will disappear after the Rifts are closed then?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Neroon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Neroon »

From the Trion site:
Ascended who fight the undead armies heralding the River of Souls will have the chance to appear a bit gaunt and pale themselves. Certain monsters will drop items that transmogrify their owners into one of the living dead. These artifacts work in combat, so the dead won’t know who to fight! Some Ascended will even get to ride like the dead atop a rare Spectral Horse. While the normal steed—usable by Ascended of any level—will only be available during the actual event, the armored version will remain in the game, exclusive to the River of Souls raid.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I heard rumors of this as well. What a great ploy to maintain subs. All those who were going to cancel after their 30 days free will most likely stay another month just to see how this pans out. I love it. Great marketing.
On the not so great marketing department: Massive round of very derpy-feeling knee-jerk nerfs literally days before most folks subs expire. I am reminded of Cryptic's handling of CoH. On that note... cancelled.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

One patch and done! Perhaps take a look at it again in a few months. I think the bottom line is there are no MMOs people will be happy with anymore.

I'm playing another Chinese beta (Korean game) called Dragon Nest and having a blast. At the rate people blow through MMOs, it seems there's not much sense going beyond beta when I read these threads. Cool game that works great with Xbox Controller on PC. US beta in a few months. Its very polished for a beta.

Anyway, half the fun is managing to create an account in China, Taiwan, etc. for these games and then getting the English patches installed.

Even for the games I'm looking forward to playing for an extended period of time (Tera/Guild Wars 2/ArchAge), six months max seems to be the best expectation before I start posting balancing complaints like what I'm seeing above. There's just not 3+ year EQ type games out there anymore (WoW doesn't count) Maybe EVE if you're a super nerd.

Bubba seems to give MMOs a fighting chance from what I've read over the years. High tolerance!
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

I am sticking this one out. I have a group of people I like playing with and I really enjoy the rift mechanics.

I bet I give this one 6 months - we will see.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

The recent patch didn't seem to effect me at all actually. As I play a Paragon I was hoping to actually get a dps boost but if it happened it is so slight that I am not noticing it.

I think a lot of this should have been handled after Open Beta. It is their own fault for not letting the testing go to level 50 so they could see these issues first hand. The boards are so full of whine that there isn't enough cheese in the world to accompany it.

I paid for the 6 months so I'm going to ride it out. Mainly because I am still having fun and am not taking it so serious like lives depended on my being level 50 and available to raid at a moments notice. People have only been playing for about 4-5 weeks so I can't see how they can get all that attached to their toons that they would nerd rage and quit. I won't rule out the posiblity of my return to WoW but at this moment in time I find it highly unlikely.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Since this is a thread about the world event, it seemed pretty weak to start with. Guess it's a ramp-up phase, and the meat doesn't start till later? Or not, I dunno. My account is cancelled, deciding if I'll go another month. At 49, and it ends on Monday, so I should at least see SOME level 50 content, whatever there is if you're not raiding.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

If I can find a soul combo that I enjoyed as much as the sab/bard, then I will stick around...if I can't, well, no fun no play. I'm hoping for the best since this game does have great potential.
en kærlighed småkager
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

I thought this game had a chance to be a staying mid subscription MMO, but from the sound of it, they fucked themselves with huge nerfs right before the free 1 month after release was over (don't even know or care if the nerfs were a good idea, just bad press/precedent).
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The nerfs were needed, but like most things they've done since release, they went WAY overboard. Making this many changes all at once makes incremental testing impossible, and indicates that the devs do not have an adequate grasp of their own game's mechanics. So no more money from me.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

This is exactly why developers/producers should NEVER listen to players who are so in love with themselves and their characters that they feel the need to cry about OTHER classes.

Hopefully, they find some balance! I guess it isn't much of a surprise considering the myriad of class options!
en kærlighed småkager