XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Blu Ray Purchase Comparison by Country

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Here's some other interesting blu ray statistics:
TOTAL DVD TITLES (2/10/11 - DVD Release Report): 122,754/218*
TOTAL BLU-RAY DISC TITLES (2/11/11 - DVD Release Report): 3,707/181*
(from digitalbits.com)
*indicates currently scheduled releases for the respective format

The total number of blu ray titles is 3% of the total DVD titles available and there are still more titles being released on DVD than blu ray.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Perhaps if they priced them the same as DVDs they'd get better sales. And I'm talking MSRP I don't care if Store A has some stupid sale every 3rd quarter moon. I look at some prices and just laugh. Although while I used to buy 2-3 DVDs a week years ago I don't really watch many movies anymore so for me personally cost isn't really a barrier.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

My movie purchasing is down simply because I own pretty much everything I want. If I buy a new movie (rarely), I get the DVD + Blu Ray combo pack. I have about 15-20 of those. Other than that, it's Netflix and streaming. I'll be honest, almost all of the movies I buy nowadays are for my girls.
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

I used to buy VHS and DVD movies, but found I rarely rewatched them. It's all Netflix and streaming (legal or otherwise) for me now, I don't even DL them anymore.
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Fairweather Pure wrote:My movie purchasing is down simply because I own pretty much everything I want. If I buy a new movie (rarely), I get the DVD + Blu Ray combo pack. I have about 15-20 of those. Other than that, it's Netflix and streaming. I'll be honest, almost all of the movies I buy nowadays are for my girls.
This, except I don't even get the combo unless it's the same price(Disney stuff).
I don't have a blu-ray player and since I can stream in HD, I'll probably never need one.
Funny picture of Japan tastes. Such a bizarre pent up culture
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Chidoro wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:My movie purchasing is down simply because I own pretty much everything I want. If I buy a new movie (rarely), I get the DVD + Blu Ray combo pack. I have about 15-20 of those. Other than that, it's Netflix and streaming. I'll be honest, almost all of the movies I buy nowadays are for my girls.
This, except I don't even get the combo unless it's the same price(Disney stuff).
I don't have a blu-ray player and since I can stream in HD, I'll probably never need one.
Funny picture of Japan tastes. Such a bizarre pent up culture
I think what you meant to say was, "Such a awesome culture". It's ok, people make mistakes.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

yeah uhh
no.
maybe I'll just use what I was thinking next time, "bunch of fucking creeps" culture
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Chidoro wrote:yeah uhh
no.
maybe I'll just use what I was thinking next time, "bunch of fucking creeps" culture
How dare you!
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

Image is even weirder when you know that the blurays with the cutesy girls dominating the top 5 in Japan is actually a Faustian horror series. *eyetwitch*
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I used to buy VHS and DVD movies, but found I rarely rewatched them.
Pretty much.
Funkmasterr wrote:
Chidoro wrote:yeah uhh
no.
How dare you!
Anyplace where animated tentacle rape of little girls sells well and publicly, that needs no groping cars and further, needs a law for unbeatable shutter noises on cameras due to perverts you've got to wonder about.

I've never understood japanophiles, I've been there and that's a seriously weird place by any standard but their own. You've got little old ladies scrubbing the street where businessmen were puking and pissing a couple hours earlier so it looks clean, while they're pouring raw sewage into the ocean 50 feet away, but it's not there because no one can see it.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

I must be getting old or something.. I've watched a good 10-20 blue ray movies now and just honestly don't notice the big difference over DVD. Granted, I'm not using the special blue ray iView or whatever to view additional content, I'm just trying t watch a movie. I cancelled my BlueRay support on Netflix.. with Redbox right around the corner, for the $10 a month I spend on that, I can get 2x the # of movies I can get via mail from Netflix. Netflix is on shaky ground for me presently. If more new releases were put up for instant queue, I'd be happier.