Splatterhouse

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Splatterhouse

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Your GF is captured by a mad scientist and as you lay dieing on the floor of his haunted mansion, a talking mask makes a deal with you to get your GF back by giving you supernatural powers. The rest of the game takes place running around the haunted mansion killing every goddamn thing that moves.

This is a typical brawler game. You mash buttons till your fingers bleed, kill everything in the room then move to the next strikingly similar room and repeat (over and over), complete a simple puzzle now and then, and occasionally fight a big boss guy. What sets this game apart from the masses is the violence, gore, swearing, and yes, nudity (you collect torn up pics your GF leaves for you to find and assemble them to find they are all nude pics-awesome!). The game is a crazy carnival ride so far (about an hour in so far), and I'm having way more fun than I should be. The controls are a bit janky, the move set is primitive, and the graphics are a mixed bag of great and decent. But holy shit is there a lot of blood in this game. I mean, like, more blood than I have ever seen in my life. There are also "fatalities" you get to do which are smile inducing in how over the top crazy they are. The best comparison I have for this game is last year's Wolverine game, which was also rather simple but addictive due almost entirely to it's powerful and brutal gameplay.

Another cool touch is that all 3 of the original Spatterhouse games are on the disc. This may be worth the price of admission for some due to the nostalgia factor. This game only recently came out and I got it for 20$, so you can only imagine how bad it bombed.

Splatterhouse only does one thing, but goddamn it does it so well. This is the perfect Halloween game IMO.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Splatterhouse

Post by miir »

If you like Splatterhouse, you should check out Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage.

It's beat em up based on the 80s manga af the same name.
He's the dude that uses pressure point martial arts to make people assplode.

Like Splatterhouse, it's way more fun than it really should be.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Play-Asia his this as their weekly special.
$16 CDN ($17 USD)

PS3 version only.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

For less than 20$, it's hard not to recommend this game. I popped it back in briefly several weeks ago and I don't remember it being so hard. I'm at a side scrolling stage that is all about timed jumping and such. The controls are horrible for this platforming angle. Even worse, it's hard to judge when to jump because your character has a delayed, lurching jump. Also, the clumsy combo based combat hurts my hands and fingers like no other action game I have ever played. I reread my review above, and other than these few revisions, it's pretty damn good! I should get paid for this or something!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm all over any decent button-mashing-beat-em-up game.
I ordered it yesterday.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Got it today and played for about 30 minutes.
It's totally silly, over-the-top, button-mashing, bloody good fun.

I got 10% trophies in the first 15 minutes, lol!