Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Post by Fairweather Pure »

This game is really, really good. There's a lot of content within the game, and the graphics are amazing. Criterion made this NFS, so it's actually more Burnout than NFS. You play as either a racer or a cop on many of the roadside tracks and your objective is either to outrun or take down the other. Whichever role you choose, you'll be given a set of cooldowns that you use ala mario kart/blur style to help you against your adversary. Along with this, there are your usual straight racing, time trials, ect. ect. The interface is nice, the graphics are well above average with a shitload of great cars to drive, and it just feels exactly like a solid, fun arcade racer should.

It's a shame this game will slip under most people's radar. I never would've even considered getting it but I had a friend who bought it and wouldn't shut up about it. I played it at his house a couple of weeks ago and it immediately went on my must own list. Grab it when you see it cheap. I'm sure it bombed like every other racer this year and will be in the cheapie bin in no time. Mine was only 30$ and I think that was a steal after I played it at my friend's house. Prior to that, I would've put it in the 20$ or less option!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Post by miir »

I'm sure it bombed like every other racer this year
Yea it totally bombed like Gran Turismo 5 :roll:

It may have slipped under your radar but this was a day 1 purchase for myself and 10-12 others on my PSN friends list.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Blur sales put Bizzare out of business. Split Second, Modnation Racers, also undersold. GT5? Yeah, I guess under a million sales in the US alone for agame that took so long and cost so much could be considered disappointing, but I'm not sure what they were expecting. The fact that I got NFS Hot Pursuit for 30$ shows it is following the trend.

But hey, keep being Sony's White Knight. It sure isn't annoying as hell having you take offense to every single goddamn thing anyone posts that may, in some vague way, be considered a slight to the only console you own.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

GT5 has sold nearly 5 million and NFS: Hot Pursuit is closing in on 3 million.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Fairweather Pure wrote:But hey, keep being Sony's White Knight.
Um what the fuck does Sony have to do with your complete ignorance of the sales of this game?
Damn you're such a fucking idiot sometimes most of the time.

Why don't you go on about how Vanquish bombed (400k) or how Splatterhouse sales are ridiculously shitty (less than 100k)... but noooo, you comment about how NFS:HP slipped under the radar and will probably bomb despite the fact that it's sold nearly 3 million copies.
The fact that I got NFS Hot Pursuit for 30$ shows it is following the trend.
It's called a sale, you idiot.
I got RDR for $30 a few weeks after it came out, that must mean the game bombed... same with Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. :roll:
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I picked up the iPhone version of this for 0.99 over the holidays and am having a blast whenever I start it up. It's got me seriously considering picking up the retail version for the bigboy consoles.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Animalor wrote:I picked up the iPhone version of this for 0.99 over the holidays and am having a blast whenever I start it up. It's got me seriously considering picking up the retail version for the bigboy consoles.
I grabbed it as well....
The portable version is junk compared to the console/PC version... even still, there is some fun to be had with the iphone version.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The truth is (big shocker coming here!) that unless you really really want to play a game on release date you simply have to wait a couple/few months and MOST games (not all obviously) you'll probably be able to find at $40-$35 or under. AC:B being a good example. Yes miir it was a 'sale' with Amazon selling it for $35 but within a couple months I'm sure you'll be able to find it for $20 as just the standard price. Ubisoft seems to be one of the more aggressive publishers when it comes to lowering the prices to keep steady sale numbers going.

As for this game specifically.. I'll probably pass even when it does make it to $20. While I did spend a lot of time with Burnout Paradise I'm not a huge racing game fan in general. The thing I liked about BP was that while it did have the standard races it also gave other events and things to do like the smash gates and jumps and such.

Oh maybe not totally valid for this thread but it is obvious miir that you take nearly anything that happens to be anti-PS3 or pro-360 personally. The closest example of similar behavior I can think of is Mr Bacon and Vanguard back in the day. I really think you need to take a step back and get some perspective!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

GT5? Yeah, I guess under a million sales in the US alone for agame that took so long and cost so much could be considered disappointing
Just as a frame of reference, GT5 is selling at a quicker pace (5.5 million after 3 weeks) than Modern Warfare 2 .

Anyone who would consider that a disappointment is a fucking retard.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Alan Wake? Yeah, I guess under a million sales WORLDWIDE for agame that took so long and cost so much could be considered disappointing
Do you see what I did there?

If you're not just trolling and actually believe that GT5 is really a disappointment, you're a bigger moron than anyone else on this forum. :)
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Alan Wake was a disappointment in terms of sales, but it cost a fraction of what GT5 did (development team was what, 35 people for the majority of the project?). I thought the North American debut numbers for GT5 were pretty bad for such a front loaded game. Glad to hear that GT5's sales have picked up. I also heard that they've patched out some of the biggest complaints about the game. Critics still rank Forza 3 higher though. I will definately be buying Forza 4 which I'm calling now will review higher than 3 (which means higher than GT5 of course). However, "disappointment" does not simply cover sales. It has to do with the feelings of the player base, which have voiced some pretty big concerns and disappointments with GT5.

For an arcade racer, it's hard to beat Hot Pursuit. It also starts out with the ability to drive one of my favorite cars, the Porche Spyder! I'll try and squeeze in some playtime today for this game, but Just Cause 2 has been keeping me pretty busy.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Alan Wake was a disappointment in terms of sales, but it cost a fraction of what GT5 did
Alan Wake's production costs were estimated to be close to 10 million.
GT5's production costs were roughly 60 million.

Alan Wake sold 850k
GT5 and GT5 prologue have sold a combined 10 million

If GT5 is a disappointment, Alan Wake must be the biggest steaming pile of shit released on the 360 in 2010. :lol:
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Just think how good this game would look if you played it on Xbox instead of a shitty console!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Just think how good this game would look if you played it on Xbox instead of a shitty console!
Criterion are top notch developers.
There's no fanboy debate over which looks or performs better.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Alan Wake was a disappointment in terms of sales, but it cost a fraction of what GT5 did (development team was what, 35 people for the majority of the project?). I thought the North American debut numbers for GT5 were pretty bad for such a front loaded game. Glad to hear that GT5's sales have picked up. I also heard that they've patched out some of the biggest complaints about the game. Critics still rank Forza 3 higher though. I will definately be buying Forza 4 which I'm calling now will review higher than 3 (which means higher than GT5 of course). However, "disappointment" does not simply cover sales. It has to do with the feelings of the player base, which have voiced some pretty big concerns and disappointments with GT5.

For an arcade racer, it's hard to beat Hot Pursuit. It also starts out with the ability to drive one of my favorite cars, the Porche Spyder! I'll try and squeeze in some playtime today for this game, but Just Cause 2 has been keeping me pretty busy.
I'm not sure how else this can be explained to you. Of any remaining complaints there are about this game, they can fit into about 3 categories;
1) Complaints from hardcore gear heads that probably won't be happy until racing games are VR and they can actually roll underneath the car with a wrench in hand.
2) Complaints from people who have no concept of the scope of development. Saying something like "After X years it should be <fill in the blank>" makes you a retard, period.
3) Minor complaints about a car they wish was in the game, or a track, or whatever, none of which would be something that would justify a disappointment in the game.

I have literally not heard a single valid complaint since the patch, and really not even before that. Continuing to bring up this supposed disappointment is making you look stupid dude, just knock it the fuck off.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Just think how good this game would look if you played it on Xbox instead of a shitty console!
Criterion are top notch developers.
There's no fanboy debate over which looks or performs better.
Yeah and lets not make one. I'm getting sick of every single goddamn thread in this forum degenerating into the same thing. It used to be amusing and I even had fun joining in, but the fucking joke_is_over.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It comes with the territory of console ownership. Get over it.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--