Weird Gaming Habits/Rituals

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Weird Gaming Habits/Rituals

Post by Fairweather Pure »

A couple of times a year, I set aside a night and play all of my games that I haven't played yet. These are games that I get on sale or pick up and immediately they go into the backlog and are quickly forgotten about, or games that I have put minimal time into (usually 30 minutes or less) and then move onto something else. For instance, last night I played Metro 2033 (after 30 minutes played and a 6 month hiatus), Enslaved, The Saboteur, and Split Second. I played about 30 minutes to an hour of all of them. I didn't even get to Prototype and Splinter Cell: Conviction because I was too tired. I did this last year too, with about 5-6 JRPGs all in one sitting.

Early in the year, I sat down with a friend and played 10-15 minutes of every single PS3 game I got at Christmas. It took us about 6 hours. It was a great way to waste a night and just try out all the games with a friend.

The other is one that I think I've mentioned here before. My wife makes a whole bunch of finger food and munchies and we pick at it all day while we play games (usually WoW). She goes all out for these days, sometimes preparing days in advance. We only get the chance to to this once or twice a year now, thanks to children, but it's something we do as a couple that I really enjoy. She also does this when I have a friend coming over for a gaming session, which also seems to happen less and less as I get older. She'll be hooking a friend and I up for the Cataclysm launch!

I also keep a mini fridge (Spiderman themed!) fully stocked with cans of icy cold Mnt Dew on a shelf next to my desk that is always within reaching distance.

The other habit I have is a carry over from collecting DVDs. The first thing I do when I get a new game is open the plastic with an exacto knife and strip off all stickers and then remove any anti-theft bars it might have. Even if I have no intention of sitting down to play the game right now, it's something I have to do. I'm kind of anal about things!

Anyway, just rambling...
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Weird Gaming Habits/Rituals

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Let's see some of the finger food and munchies she prepares in advance!

Sounds yummy!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

My weird habit is that I keep reading this forum even tho it's become as bad as Current Events!
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Dregor Thule wrote:My weird habit is that I keep reading this forum even tho it's become as bad as Current Events!
Thats still a habit that beat FFXIV :D
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"