BloodBowl

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

BloodBowl

Post by Avestan »

An old friend convinced me to buy this and got me hooked. I have never been a pen and paper person so it was new to me.

Anyone playing or could be convinced to play? We are trying to get a private league going.

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/index.php ... nfo&id=158
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Re: BloodBowl

Post by Jice Virago »

I played the table top and the first release of this. I would be interested, once the new version with all the teams comes out.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Back in 1990 or so I played the TT version quite a lot actually. It's sitting behind me on a shelf in near mint condition with about 6 painted teams with both of the hardcover supplement books. The foam play field is awesome and so much better than the 2nd edition board.

I was really interested in the PC game, but reviews kind of turned me sour. If I didn't have so many other games and things to do right now, I would likely give it a shot and join you. I'll keep an eye out for a Steam sale on the complete edition. If it hits around 20$, I'll give it a go.

Do you play turn based or real time for your tournaments?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I bought my copy of the game when it first came out at Gen Con all those years ago. We played it so much that the astrogranit field broke. I bought some green cloth and tacked it to some plywood and created a field and set up stands and such. It was very much like a model railroad setup with model trees and other things. Then after a few times playing we stopped and never played again. I used the figures for generic mobs in our PnP games.

I'd be interested if I could find the time to play.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Legendary edition is out :) I got it on steam - pm me with your coach name if you get it and I will put a private league together with 4-6 people (there are 3 of us playing now)
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Due to my nostalgia for the game and it's rather impressive home page, I just picked up the legendary edition. However, I need to play it a bit before I go jumping into tournaments.

20 teams is pretty impressive!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Also, what races have people chosen in your league so far?

I played the tutorial and I see how most people would turn this off and delete it immediately. It's seems like it would be dense as fuck to the uninitiated. On the other hand, I'm surprised at how much sticks out in my memory even though I haven't played the game in almost 2 decades. Oddly enough, the rule book that you can view is itendical to the actual rulebook that I have fr the game. Pretty cool!
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

We would start the league just for us so anything goes.

my coach name is koobiak.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yeah, I was just thinking of diversity. You know, so there isn't 6 Human teams or whatever. Knowing what races are already in play will push me to choose a different team to practice with.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

If you guys want to get a league going, I am interested. I prefer to play more finesse teams like the Amazons and Dark Elves, but I have played bruiser teams in table top as well, such as Ogres and Nurgle. It works best to get about 4-6 people so theres no cheaters, since the client side cheating is rampant right now.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

I was talking this over with my friend who I play with now.

We thought it might be fun to run a few different theme leagues. Some ideas:

1. Elf only (high elf, wood elf, dark elf, elf)
2. Low armor only (halfling, skaven, woodelf, elf, goblin, norse, amazon)
3. Undead vs. Chaos (Chaos, Nurgle, Undead, Khemri, Necromantic)
4. Core Fantasy (Human, Orc, Dwarf, all elf variants)

etc. etc.

Thoughts?
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

I created a 6 person league called VV Cup

password is vault
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

This is 50% off on Steam until 1pm EST today. (20$)

I like what I have played so far but wish I would've waited for this sale!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Its turn-based right? :D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:Its turn-based right? :D
Yes. You can actually toggle between turn based and real time. I played a game the other day and got DEMOLISHED. It was not fun.

Also, I want to create and paint my own team. No idea how to do that. The option is there but always greyed out no matter what I do.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Can you show me a clip where they play it in realtime?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--