Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

The Haunting In Connecticut (2009)

Post by Fairweather Pure »

A family moves into an old, haunted as shit house to be closer to the hospital where their teenage son gets his cancer treatments. This is suppossedly based on a true story. I'm sure it was embelished, but if anything at all in this was remotely true then FUCK! WHY DID YOU LIVE THERE? JESUS CHRIST!

This movie has gotten pretty shitty reviews. I don't know why. I thought it was pretty damn good. It certianly scared the shit out of me several times while watching it. It made me curious and I looked into the "true" story which I also found fascinating. Basically, this movie is what the Amityville remake from 2005 tried to be. The simularities are close, but man this movie's execution was so much better. Haunted house stories are amoungst my most favorite things in the world. The backstory and current situation given in this movie blended togather to create a truely memorable and terrifying scenerio. I liked pretty much everything about the movie. It had a really great twist that I sure didn't expect or see coming. This movie would scar my wife for life, so I suggested she give it a pass. She enjoys horror movies, but the "realistic" ones tend to freak her out at a level that is not enjoyable. This is one of those movies for sure!

8/10

Streaming on Netflix, but I will pick this up eventually.