Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Dead Girl (2008)

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Two punk ass teens find a hot living dead girl in a back room in the basement of an abandoned assylum. What is she? How did she get there? What is her story? These are just a few of the questions that do not fucking matter in this movie. The point is you have two troubled and rejected teens who basically have a "hot" chick they can fuck 24/7 that will not (or just plain cannot) say no. What they do and try to do turns out to be a great story. Let me be very clear. The premise may sound goofy, but this movie is "hard as nails" serious. The subject matter is very grim and it's safe to say nothing good or happy happens in this entire movie. It is very, very dark.

I really hate the overused phrase "This was a really great take on the genre", but dammit, this was really a great take on the genre. You see, instead of the evil zombies going into town and killing all the innocent humans, the humans are evil and chain rape the innocent zombie. It's actually done really well. The two youths in the film were like peas and carrots until they discovered the infinite source of sex in the basement of the assylum. Suddenly, you see the real differences between the characters come to the surface. One is actually kind of good and the other is really really bad but good in a weird way? I don't know how to explain it. Just watch it.

The movie was great. It was well acted and you could see something like this happening for real. I mean, if there were really zombies that is. The movie is great from start to finish. The gore is nothing compared to the graphic zombie rape. It's uncomfortable to watch.

8.5/10

This is currently streaming on Netflix but I would buy it in a heartbeat.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: Dead Girl (2008)

Post by Canelek »

The acting was pretty good. Camerawork, sound and lighting was also good.

For the rest...

If you are into mysogonistic rape movies, this is for you! The story, while original, was complete and utter garbage with no ending and no beginning. I had a similar feeling while watching the piece of shit 'Doom Generation', which was just as quasi-inspired and almost as vacuous.

2/10 due to a good film crew. Just because some people like to shit on the street, that does not mean there should be a movie about it.
en kærlighed småkager