The end of the world is Feb 1, 2011

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

The end of the world is Feb 1, 2011

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The end of the world is Feb 1, 2011

Post by Winnow »

If the New Duke has multiplayer, I say get that for your friends. The original Duke Nuk'em 3D was the most fun I've had in a multiplayer FPS. Shrink Gun and Trip Wire Bombs were a few of my favorites along with using the video surveillance system to set off time delayed pipe bombs.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Winnow wrote:

If the New Duke has multiplayer, I say get that for your friends. The original Duke Nuk'em 3D was the most fun I've had in a multiplayer FPS. Shrink Gun and Trip Wire Bombs were a few of my favorites along with using the video surveillance system to set off time delayed pipe bombs.
Agreed. It was a really, really fantastic time. Not to mention how easy it was to build levels (as long as you understood how to manipulate textures, sprites and spacing to give the illusion of 3D modeling).
en kærlighed småkager
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I cannot remember a time when Duke Nukem was relevant. Is this release going to change that or is it just a hand job for old fans that no one else will care about?
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I cannot remember a time when Duke Nukem was relevant.
I can, but I was in the 6th grade....
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Retailers also said that GT5 was coming in Fall 2007. :)
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I think it is just too damn late for Duke Nukem, unless they somehow make it better than all the other crap-shooters out there....then, it is still a shooter. :P
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It will be relevant because it is Duke Nukem. It is like someone having the Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot in a zoo....people are going to pay to go see them. In this case, they now have the Duke franchise owned by Gearbox, whose work with Borderlands tells me that they will be a very good mesh with the humor and bloodshed of a Duke game.

It is not hard to be better than all the crap shooters out there....since most of them are the same game all it takes is some big name recognition to get a sale.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Sure, but most of the demographic were in diapers 15 years ago. :P
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Duke Nuk'em is the only game that I'd play until I threw up. I'd get serious motion sickness from it but it was so fun I'd keep playing. First multilayer game I had fun with. Other/newer FPS'ers don't give me motion sickness so Duke Nuk'em remains a unique game!

FFXIV might have made me throw up. Thankfully I only played it a few hours!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd spend hours designing shit--especially since the Quake engine was not out yet and it was a kick trying to manipulate 3D environments like the teleport trick to create the illusion of depth in water, as well as the nifty sprite manipulation to create moving doors, etc. Good shit!

I'm just questioning the name recognition for those that were not playing the game 15 years or so ago. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

yeah, I don't see it being as huge as some think. The rumors about it being made/not being made were what kept those who played the original interested. I had a blast with the original, but I have no desire to actually play the new one. Doubt I am the only one, and I would guess there would be many that didn't even know about the original.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I played the original. I can't see myself buying the new one, though. I'm severely limiting the shooters I buy, Halo being the first in a while, and Gears 3 next fall probably being the next I'll buy.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Eventhough I enjoyed the hell out of Duke Nukem 3D, every other Duke Nukem game has pretty much been trash (especially the remakes).
I'm not at all anticipating a new Duke Nukem game... I probably won't even play it unless it reviews really well.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:Eventhough I enjoyed the hell out of Duke Nukem 3D, every other Duke Nukem game has pretty much been trash (especially the remakes).
I'm not at all anticipating a new Duke Nukem game... I probably won't even play it unless it reviews really well.

Wait for my review of a hacked copy before you decide.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:Wait for my review of a hacked copy before you decide.
No thanks.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Miir Recommends: FFXIV
Winnow Recommends: Enslaved

...just sayin
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I will put a real gamer's review on here Feb 2!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

54, loser.

It's nice to see that you're also faggoting up other people's threads (that have nothing to do with FF) with your childish vendetta against a video game that you don't play.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I will put a real gamer's review on here Feb 2!
Haha... :lol:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:54, loser.

It's nice to see that you're also faggoting up other people's threads (that have nothing to do with FF) with your childish vendetta against a video game that you don't play.

Good, maybe you won't feel like you're getting special treatment anymore. Never really cared about you. You seem obsessed with your post counting and about me though. Your inadequacies always tend to shine brightest when you try to take things personally and flame the individual instead of address the topic. I could care less who it is that tries to promote shitty games! FFXIV is exceptionally bad. That's the only reason it's received more of my attention. You're a by-product.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:Good, maybe you won't feel like you're getting special treatment anymore. Never really cared about you. You seem obsessed with your post counting and about me though. Your inadequacies always tend to shine brightest when you try to take things personally and flame the individual instead of address the topic. I could care less who it is that tries to promote shitty games! FFXIV is exceptionally bad. That's the only reason it's received more of my attention. You're a by-product.
55, loser.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I will put a real gamer's review on here Feb 2!
Flaunting the street cred!
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:

Good, maybe you won't feel like you're getting special treatment anymore. Never really cared about you. You seem obsessed with your post counting and about me though. Your inadequacies always tend to shine brightest when you try to take things personally and flame the individual instead of address the topic. I could care less who it is that tries to promote shitty games! FFXIV is exceptionally bad. That's the only reason it's received more of my attention. You're a by-product.
And you sir, are a lonely, pathetic middle aged man that gets a kick being obnoxious, probably because it temporarily makes you forget just how inadequate you really are. I'm guessing you like young anime type girls because it reminds you of a younger, livelier winnow before women had written you off entirely.

Your inadequacies always tend to shine when you go on a campaign like this, but the Final Fantasy stuff has been like the Stanley Cup of faggotry, and you sir took first, second and third place. It's too bad too, cause you seem like a really cool guy sometimes, but then you do shit like this and just won't let it fucking die, and go out of your way to make yourself look like a douche.

Now please, shut up.

P.S. Sorry for the interruption, I won't contribute any further to the faggoting of this thread.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Winnow wrote:

And you sir, are a lonely, pathetic middle aged man that gets a kick being obnoxious, probably because it temporarily makes you forget just how inadequate you really are. I'm guessing you like young anime type girls because it reminds you of a younger, livelier winnow before women had written you off entirely.

Your inadequacies always tend to shine when you go on a campaign like this, but the Final Fantasy stuff has been like the Stanley Cup of faggotry, and you sir took first, second and third place. It's too bad too, cause you seem like a really cool guy sometimes, but then you do shit like this and just won't let it fucking die, and go out of your way to make yourself look like a douche.

Now please, shut up.

P.S. Sorry for the interruption, I won't contribute any further to the faggoting of this thread.
Did you put that in bold just to show what you were doing?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

nt
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Well, ill-placed or not, it did remind me of the VV early days. Tears of reminiscence aside, I did chuckle. Nothing personally against Winnow, but the Stanley Cup jibe was rather humorous to me.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:Well, ill-placed or not, it did remind me of the VV early days. Tears of reminiscence aside, I did chuckle. Nothing personally against Winnow, but the Stanley Cup jibe was rather humorous to me.
It reminds me of the old VV as well when Noel would come to the support of whoever I was in a flamewar with at the time. Funk is the same way although he just hops around defending whatever suits his interest, not necessarily always against me. I don't think I've addressed a single post to Funk regarding FFXIV, or can't remember if I did, but he keeps on like a good cheerleader. He's like some dog barking on the other side of a fence while two people are talking.

If Miir had any flame skills he wouldn't need to back himself into a corner of retardedness. Kyoukan never needed to do that although I also don't remember it ever defending lame ass games. It was typically political. Kyoukan had the skillz to actually get under my skin from time to time. Miir's never really made it past the FUCKUHITLER stage. Go study some of Jice's posts. He's pretty good at this shit.

As for Duke Nuk'em, it was never known for its tech specs. It was a parody. People expecting state of the art graphics can move along. It all depends on how well the new designers can capture Duke's character and if they can come up with weapons that are different and fun to use in multiplayer.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

You seem obsessed with your post counting
Making in excess of 50 posts about a game you don't play is obsessive.
Pointing out your childish behaviour is not obsessive.
I'm trying to shame you into shutting the fuck up by showing you how childish you are acting... but you clearly have no shame.
Your inadequacies always tend to shine brightest when you try to take things personally and flame the individual
Kinda like what you're doing right there? :roll:
instead of address the topic
I've addressed the topic.
Your opinions on the game are largely inaccurate and are based on playing it for only a couple of hours.
I could care less who it is that tries to promote shitty games!
Not once have I recommended FFXIV to anyone.
I'm not obsessed with getting people to play the game.. unlike you who is obsessed with getting people to not play the game.

I'm not the one spamming 7 separate threads (4 of which have nothing at all to do with FFXIV) with a childish vendetta against a video game.

I'm not taking any of this personally.
I have no vested interest in the game.
I'd just like to talk about the game with people who are actually playing it and not be spammed by some immature shithead screaming about how shitty he thinks the game is.

You are irritating us.
Please stop

it did remind me of the VV early days
Winnow's flames/trolls used to be creative, well thought out and humorous.
These days he's just like a swarm of fucking gnats...
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

It's good to know whenever I need a good chuckle I can just come to the VVVG forums.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:
Canelek wrote:Well, ill-placed or not, it did remind me of the VV early days. Tears of reminiscence aside, I did chuckle. Nothing personally against Winnow, but the Stanley Cup jibe was rather humorous to me.
It reminds me of the old VV as well when Noel would come to the support of whoever I was in a flamewar with at the time. Funk is the same way although he just hops around defending whatever suits his interest, not necessarily always against me. I don't think I've addressed a single post to Funk regarding FFXIV, or can't remember if I did, but he keeps on like a good cheerleader. He's like some dog barking on the other side of a fence while two people are talking.

If Miir had any flame skills he wouldn't need to back himself into a corner of retardedness. Kyoukan never needed to do that although I also don't remember it ever defending lame ass games. It was typically political. Kyoukan had the skillz to actually get under my skin from time to time. Miir's never really made it past the FUCKUHITLER stage. Go study some of Jice's posts. He's pretty good at this shit.

As for Duke Nuk'em, it was never known for its tech specs. It was a parody. People expecting state of the art graphics can move along. It all depends on how well the new designers can capture Duke's character and if they can come up with weapons that are different and fun to use in multiplayer.
I have to reply since winnow actually shut his mouth about FF for a minute. I'm at least fairly confident that I've never had to resort to saying fucked up shit to you in the past, but you just don't know when to quit dude.

Miir pretty much hit the nail on the head, you used to put a lot more effort in, not to mention with little or no exceptions you know when to knock it off... But it's like you've just got bored and instead of just not posting here anymore you got lazy, repetetive and annoying.

Cheerleader. ha.ha.haerr um. Yeah.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The miir-Winnow-Funk FFXIV three-way infects yet another thread. I don't see how pointing out how many times someone mentions FFXIV makes you look like less of a "loser".
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Just found this because I r a slacker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-97N6jNKb4
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Seriously a shitty demo session. I hope it's no indication on the care taken to make the game.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Close! The end is actually May 21st, 2011 according to these christian nutters...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110103/ap_ ... lypse_soon
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Where is Kyoukan these days anyway?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:Where is Kyoukan these days anyway?
"This board is in more need of a Kyoukan than any other board I know.." - Adrian Cronauer

Or something like that.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Better be careful, if you say her name 3 times she'll probably show up and lop your dick off or something.