Pinball FX 2 - 10/13/10

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Pinball FX 2 - 10/13/10

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Teaser Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKUqY5OulaE
Pinball FX 2 is a free update for existing Pinball FX owners, while new users can download and try every pinball table for free.
“We have been listening to our fans and building the pinball game that they envisioned,” said Zsolt Kigyossy, Managing Director for ZEN Studios.“It took a little longer than expected, but we have designed a game that unifies the online community, and takes all the social features to the next level.”
When Pinball FX 2 releases, existing Pinball FX owners will simply need to import their original Pinball FX content into the new Pinball FX 2 dashboard system. Pinball FX owners will be stoked to discover that each of these tables have received graphical updates and a new list of Achievements to unlock. In addition to every classic Pinball FX table, Pinball FX 2 will feature four all-new tables available for purchase. Every new table built for Pinball FX 2 will include new Achievements, operator mode and stats tracking.
Pinball FX 2 will be a free download for any Xbox LIVE Arcade user, and will ship with a robust trial system allowing the player to sample each table in the game.“We want gamers who may not have tried Pinball FX to get a taste of what they have been missing,” said Mark Coates, Executive Producer at Microsoft.“Providing robust access to the core game is an open door invitation to check out Pinball FX 2 and become part of the community!”
Here is an article (hopefully) explaining how it all works:

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/112/1124255p1.html

Old Tables: Speed Machine, Extreme Agents, and Buccaneer (800 MSP - Free if you own original)

Old DLC: Nightmare Mansion, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Street Fighter II Tribute Table, and Earth Defense (240 MSP each- Free if you own originals) Also, I cannot see anywhere where the latest Pinball FX 1 table, Excalibur, will be importable? Hmmm.

New Tables: Pasha, Rome, BioLab & Secrets of the Deep (800 MSP or 240 each)

Nice screenshot collection of the new boards:

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzle/p ... eader;more

Pinball FX is one of my favorite XBL games. In addition to the original game, I DLed all the DLC as it was released, both free and paid. For a time, my wife and I would do the weekly score challenges on certain boards. It was a blast. I was never fond of a few of the tables (Speed Machine isn't good at all IMO), but Extreme Agents is easily my favorite board of all time. All 4 of the new tables look fucking awesome.

I am soooooo looking forward to this release! I'll get all 4 new tables, no questions asked.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Pinball FX 2 - 10/13/10

Post by Winnow »

Pinball is fun on the iPad as well because you can hold your iPad with your thumbs in the right places like a mini pinball table. For me, it makes for a more classic experience of looking down at a pinball table with your hands on either side of the table. I've played a few on the iPad. Will post some suggestions later.
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

Winnow wrote:Pinball is fun on the iPad as well because you can hold your iPad with your thumbs in the right places like a mini pinball table. For me, it makes for a more classic experience of looking down at a pinball table with your hands on either side of the table. I've played a few on the iPad. Will post some suggestions later.

Please dont..
Timmah.

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well, this game was delayed from the 13th to the 27th (today). I downloaded it and imported my old boards. So, for 800 MSP I have all 13 tables for this game. I tried out 1 of the new tables (secrets of the deep) and 1 of the old ones for comparision (Agents).

The game is amazing. It's even better than I was expecting. The new boards look like they'll be highly interactive, much moreso than the older tables.

Also, they'll be doing a Marvel vs Capcom 3 table. This was leaked yesterday due to an Australian ratings board snaffu. Pretty sweet!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Oh yeah...

2 people can play at once with split screen action. That's a huge +1 for the wife and I.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I saw the worldwide #1 score for Excalibur was a little over 6 million so I concentrated on that board for a bit. I hit 8.5 million and figured that was good enough. That score was #110 on the leaderboards when I checked back about an hour later! People are really hitting these tables hard!
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Definitely going to have to pick this up. I was a big fan of the four games in the pro pinball series. Even though there was one table for each game, they were deep deep tables.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I can't say enough good things about this game.

It has a built in challenge mode that uses avatars. If I am #1 on a table over all of my friends, my avatar will be wearing a crown and be happy as hell while all my friends's avatars are crying in shame. When you beat someone's top score, there is a little ceremony where you take the crown. Whomever you beat will get a msg informing them that you just beat their score. While you are playing you will get pop up windows by the scoreboard letting you know whenever you are close to beating any number of scores. It's a very nice incentive to keep that ball alive!

Also, there are a number of different scores to keep track of so it keeps things really interesting.

Score per table: This speaks for itself

Mega Score (I think that's what it's called): The total of all your high scores on every table combined. This means that even if someone gets a score that you cannot touch on a particular table, you can still beat them in this category by having higher total scores on all the other tables.

Aaaand there's some other scores... maybe two more. I forget what they are. I think it has to do with how many friends you have on your friend's list that have the game and one based on how many tables you own and play on? Something like that.

With all 13 tables, there is 650 gamerscore to obtain. These are given away in 5-10 point rewards, but there are some bigger rewards for completing an entire tables missions/events. It's nice getting rewarded so often.

Excellent game.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I picked it up on your recommendation and enjoyed it quite a bit. I even beat your scores on a number of tables, Fair. :p Though I haven't played it since that first night, so you're probably up ahead of me again.

Lot's of fun, and it looks amazing! Feels like real pinball.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well, I only played every table once so I sure hope you pull ahead!

I cannot seem to get Agents over the 20 million mark, but on the original my high score was 348 million! No idea what's wrong there!

My wife and I are choosing 1 table a week to play vs each other. We play until Sunday at midnight, then the other person gets to choose the table for the following week. Last week I chose Agents, and today my wife chose Biolab. I'll be putting all of my pinball time into Biolab until next Sunday! Look out for my Biolab score to get competitive!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well, it turns out that the Marvel vs Capcom 3 table was an incorrect guess. Instead, IT"S EVEN BETTER!

4 new tables coming in Dec, based on the following 4 Marvel characters: Spiderman, Blade, Wolverine, and Iron Man.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J2m7-EaZ3k

They all look amazing!

Kotaku has a great write up with first impressions. I like that the Blade table cycles between day and night, with different ball effects. Very cool indeed.

http://kotaku.com/5690249/marvel-pinbal ... ilver-ball
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The wife and I played this game off and on all day yesterday while we were cleaning the house. I beat all of my friend's scores on every table. You punks need to bring thunder and give me a challange!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

i still like the pinball that comes with old windows editions. so many promotions to get
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:The wife and I played this game off and on all day yesterday while we were cleaning the house. I beat all of my friend's scores on every table. You punks need to bring thunder and give me a challange!
When the Marvel tables are released, I'll buy them and school you!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:The wife and I played this game off and on all day yesterday while we were cleaning the house. I beat all of my friend's scores on every table. You punks need to bring thunder and give me a challange!

I took down your ROME table high score. Haven't played any of the other tables yet!

Winnow <---- Pinball wizard minus the dumb deaf and blind part!

If anyone wants a crack at me on Xbox:

LIVE Handle: SupineRain4 (auto generated until I change it)

Edit: PASHA table high score down. Almost three times your score!

Edit: BIOLAB high score down!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Took down your SEEKRITS of the DEEP score today just so I could wrap up my high score sweep of the 4 tables I own.

Great Pinball engine. I wish I could rotate my screen and play in portrait. That would rock.

Pinball on the iPad is cool as you can hold your tablet like a mini pinball machine while you play.

Looking forward to the Marvel tables.

This almost makes me want to break out my PC pinball emulators again to play the classics. I remember in the 70s playing pinball in the arcades while standing on step chairs when I was under 10. I also remember cigarrette ashtrays everywhere back then and seeing the first pong games in the arcades.

Eight Ball Deluxe! Best pinball machine ever made. Perfect balance of targets and simplicity. You could see exactly what you had to do. Plenty of focus areas yet you didn't get the "wtf do I do" feeling when you walked up to the table like some of the new tables. Three main target areas and two lane runner bonus areas. This would be the table I owned if I bought a classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Pc4Ixw9H0

Ah, back in the day when you had to get the feel for each table...weak flipper, a dead bumper, harder /easier to tilt, shake the table to get a stuck ball loose, etc. You miss that with digital games.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nice score on Biolab Fair!

Took me a few tries to top it. I can't make a skill shot to save my life on that table. I imagine if you could, you;d rack up a ton of points with the wisdom monster mutation. My bread and butter is the Brains mutation.

Are there any instructions for these tables? I'm winging it so far.

Who else has this game? I want to add your gamer tags to make sure no one's ahead of me! Quit playing those FPSers and play a real skill game!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The only 2 that I've really put time into figuring out is Secrets of the Deep and Biolab. My high score on Pasha was only a few tries and my Rome score was a total luck ball on pretty much my first real attempt. I beat 6 people's score with one ball, then promptly lost the remaining 2 in rapid succession and have yet to go back.

The skill shot on Biolab is really easy once you figure it out. I didn't. My wife discovered it and showed it to me.

First off, did you know you can pull back the plunger with the right analogue stick? Well, you pull the plunger back only to very bottom of one of the hash marks and you get a skill shot every single time. It's not even a challenge. The problem is that it has to be pretty much perfectly just below the line.

I cannot find a picture of the table with the plunger visible or else I would just highlight it and show you where the sweet spot is. Also, at the moment I am nowhere near my xbox to look at it and report specifics. Just fire up a game and start with the 2nd or 3rd hash mark from the top and you'll see. Just run the ball over and over. The sweet spot is there. Also, it is a bit harder to hit that when doing the event because you're timed and the lights and music are a bit nutty so it adds on some pressure for sure.

I'm pretty much winging it atm too. I think I can easily get my Secrets score up pretty fucking high just because I'm really starting to feel the flow of the table overall and am getting a decent strategy.

Fun fact. One of my xbox friends from another msg board had the #1 score in the world on a bunch of these boards. He's also in the process of submitting a bunch of his scores from Pinball Hall of Fame to Twin Galaxies. He said he played Secrets for about 6 hours for his score. He took me off his friends list because I just wasn't in his league, and he was right to do it! All he fucking plays is pinball games. I can't compete with that shit! His name was ParallaxxScrollz or something like that. Damn, I wish I could remember the exact spelling. Dude is a monster.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Oh yeah, as if the answer wasn't stupidly obvious, I just looked at the official page and it has details on the challenges for the tables. Pretty smooth website.

I'll give it a better going over later, but it looks pretty comprehensive at first glance.

http://www.pinballfx.com/
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I took down your Seekrits of the Deep high score today Fair just so I can preserve my all table high score sweep!

I brute forced it (kept multiballs in play hitting them up ramps and such) as I don't know wtf I'm doing yet on that table.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Here's what I did Winnow. I played each one of the new Marvel tables 1 time and left the score as is. Try the same when you can and see how we stack up on a single play on new tables. Since I only played them once, the scores should be easy to beat on multiple plays though. I'm not sure how long I'm going to leave them at a single play, but WoW is really sucking up my time so you may only have a day or so, so hurry!

My impressions from 1 play on each table is that they are fucking great. When I lost a ball on Spiderman, he said "That was neither spectacular or amazing", while on the Iron Man board Tony Stark says something like "It's never too early for a drink". So many nice touches and fan service like that. Even my cautionary glimpse of each board shows how unique and interactive they are. The Blade table is really weird, but I like it a great deal. Lots of pogo launching and the night cycle totally feels like another board.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Cool! I didn't know these were already out. I'll try the single play but can't guarantee I'll stop there.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

First play through:

Wolverine

Fair: 4,657,000
Winnow: 10,554,500

Comments: Took awhile to get used to flashy lights. Great looking table.

Spiderman

Fair: 5,119,000
Winnow: 11,381,000

Comment: Love the red spiderball in multiball play. Like the rails that make the ball go all over the place...has Spiderman feel to it. Hate when flippers reverse in whatever stage that is!

Iron Man

Fair: 2,254,000
Winnow: 10,289,000

Comment: Sound-wise, the most mellow table. I think as soon as I figure this table out, it might be one I can get a very high score on.

Blade

Fair: 1,516,000
Winnow: 2,621,000

Comment: Lot going on with this table. Someone obviously wanted to make a Blade table because I don't see Blade as a premiere Marvel character. Lots of holes for ball to drop into on this table. Lots of Light scheme changes, etc. Will take awhile to figure it all out.

I had some good first play games! I sent you challenge on Blade table. I didn't realize you could do that until last table. Send me a challenge if you beat my scores!

All of these tables visually look outstanding. PinballFX 2 has a great engine. Looking forward to more Marvel tables and other tables in general.

Anyone else wanting to try and join the pinball challenge, my Gamertag: SupineRain4 I'll add anyone to friends list.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The thing I liked most about the Spiderman rails are how fast the ball moves through them. The story behind the Blade table is exactely what you described. A programer there is obsessed with the Blade character. Tgat is why it was included and also why the table is so good!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

The Blade table is sweet.
I cracked 10 mil on it last night.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:The Blade table is sweet.
Play it on a real console if you want to compete. I'm sure the physics on the PS3 allow for easy scores!

The Blade table looks like a lot of effort (good or bad) was put into it. Not sure how I feel about the drop holes on the table.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

If you change any of the physics settings, your scores are not registered.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:If you change any of the physics settings, your scores are not registered.
I'm talking about the default settings. Word is that the PS3 version's ball is heavier allowing for easier skill shots and that sometimes the screen glitches, adding 1 million mystery points.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'll just leave you two alone so you can get back to frenching others asses.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:I'll just leave you two alone so you can get back to frenching others asses.
I thought you had a 360. Since that's the console people are posting scores on, I figured you'd get the tables on that platform for bragging rights.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Damn dude, grow up and turn off your fucking troll machine once in a while.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:Damn dude, grow up and turn off your fucking troll machine once in a while.
Who's trolling? The Xbox LIVE stats tracking for PinballFX 2 is great. Would be nice to have you along for the ride!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Stats are tracked on PSN as well.... but who really cares.
I just stopped in the thread to agree with Fair on how awesome the Marvel tables (especially Blade) are and then you started with your stupid trolls.

I think Zen Studios did a ridiculously good job with these tables.
They have put out some really fun games.
I picked up Planet Minigolf a few weeks back and it's a hell of a lot of fun (my wife loves it) and the PS Move controls are the best of any golf game I've played .
And Ninja Gaiden Sigma2 is jsut awesome.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow wrote: Spiderman

Fair: 5,119,000
Winnow: 11,381,000
I just upped my score on this table to 20,800,000

I'm within 6 points of your superscore with 4+ less tables! (140 vs 146)

Spider-Man is my favorite of the Marvel tables so far.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I haven't played since my first play :(

Miir: Keep posting your scores here when you get them and we'll do the same. We can do our own VV table wars. There are a couple of other tables that Zen Pinball and Pinball FX have in common as well. Excalibur, Earth Defense, Street Fighter, and I think 1 more.

I really wish Pinball FX 2 would get the other Zen Pinball tables. I love every single one of the original tables.

The order is:

Pinball FX2 > Zen Pinball > Pinball FX

Graphics and play wise, Pinball FX and Zen Pinball are basically identical. The improvements come through in the interface. It's a series where you can see the thought process and improvements from one sequel to the next.

That reminds me that I need to grab Paranormal fro Zen Pinball...
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Haha sure if/when I actually get time to play. :)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

17,392,000 new score to beat.

Passed fair on superscore. 154 vs 146

Shame Miir's not on 360 to add to superscore. gotta love LIVE!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:

17,392,000 new score to beat.
Nice!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

New Spiderman score to beat: 70,420,188

New superscore is 211
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:New Spiderman score to beat: 70,420,188

New superscore is 211

Damn, now that's the way to set a new high score!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It was my 4th attempt. My first ball was triple your high score. I achieved that "zen" like trance that is pinball magic. I lost my first and second balls due to a mission that reverses the goddamn orientation of your flippers, so watch out for that. I just started hitting both flippers at the same time when I got the mission for a 3rd time. Also, I somehow won 2 extra balls but have no idea how or when it happened!

The kicker is that I have a guy on my friend's list that has a score over 150,000,000 so I still have a ways to go.

It was a great run, but I had to stop after that game and make lunch for my girls. We'll have to wait and see if it was true skill or a complete fluke! I think I have the lanes down pretty well though. It's a really fun table. There were times when Doc Oc would move down from the top of the table and slowly walk towards the flippers, grabbing my ball at times and throwing it onto the rails. Really cool!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:New Spiderman score to beat: 70,420,188

New superscore is 211

Thank god. That was a bitch. Hate the reversed flippers. That took me quite a few tries. I was getting scores around the 50 M mark but couldn't get higher. Finally broke through.

I have a hell of a time with all specials on that table. Doc Oct, I have hard tive hitting one of the top rails (left one), for Goblin, a ball seems to drain all the time ending my run, and for mesterio, I'm just happy to keep the ball in play. You drain the ball a lof if you hit both flippers at same time so I just aim keep aiming for ramps.

Hope you don't beat my score! I'm not looking forward to trying to top that score again although I know really high sores are possible on that table.

My score only good for 1,408th place on the LIVE leaderboard.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Good score. I'll try and make some time tonight to give it a shot. I'm going on vacation next week, so I'll be pretty uncompetetive for awhile!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

27,624,000 on Iron Man!

That's good enough for 586th best on Xbox Live which is my best placement on any table so far.

What a bitch of a table. It's all or nothing with the Boss battles. These battles are long and don't give many points at all unless you complete them and many of them are timed so even the more simple ones can be challenging. I missed out on completing two Mandarin Flame Battles, the easiest boss battle which would have put my score around 37 million, cracking the top 200 or so.

Frustrating table because of the all or nothing nature of the boss battles which many times leave you with having played a shitload of pinball with little score. It's also not great that hitting the targets in front of the mission hole to open it up is an easy way to drain your ball.

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I've been playing Iron Man as my main table too (need a break from Spiderman). I agree with both of your points about the table and will add a third annoyance. The ramps are long. This means you have to have really good power behind your ball to hit the ramps, or else it just rolls back for the easier than average drain that plagues this table.

I just figured out how to do missions today, and they are brutal. Are they completely random? Some are easier than others and I would like to know if I have any choice in the matter.

I'm enjoying the table though. I'm still learning and don't feel as though I've put forth a decent effort on scoring yet.

The Wolverine table has an awful lot of yellow going on. The flashes of light are white and yellow which don't help things either. I lost a ball on there just because I lost siight of i t and I don't recall that happening on any other table (although Whiplash on Iron Man and Green Goblin on Spiderman can obscure/confuse the action at times).

I'm still digging the tables though. Great price for a significant amount of playtime.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I bought the original FX tables and wow do they look cheap and amateur compared to the Marvel Tables. I sort of regret buying them although it does help my superscore : ) I kinda like the Buccaneer and did well on that James Bondish themed table. I scored huge points on my very first ball.

You have zero choice in the Iron Man Missions. It's random.

I've mastered the Madarin Vortex (let all but two balls drain and then hit all the ramps, with the upper flipper ramp being the most challenging (hence letting all the balls drain....or, you have auto ball save for the first 30 secs, you can line up an upper flipper ramp shot during those first 30 seconds and not lose any balls) After hitting all the ramps, you need to lock all the remaining balls into the mission hole so it's actually better to have less balls (two) at the end.

Each mission is about 5 Million points so completing them is huge.

Whiplash is pretty easy. You hit some ramps and then keep hitting the open "vent" thingies in order to use the cannon to shoot Whiplash in the Head, Body, and Feet.

The Electro Blast Mission sucks. After hitting all the required ramps, you need to hit the left orbit repeatedly to charge up/down whatever it is, the only way to do that is the spinner on the left orbit or the bumpers at the top which are hard to get to...it's on a timer and I usually don't hit it enough before it resets.

I've never been able to access the hovercraft part and I guess some villain pops out of the middle of the table that I've never seen.

Tough table. I have a relatively high score nationally on that table and still haven't seen quite a few things and have zero of the three Achievements. A lot of the missions have two stages with the first being hard enough yet you get zilch if both stages aren't completed.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Woot

38,653,000 on Iron Man, good for 226th in the nation.

Did it on two balls because my last ball drained right after the ball save dropped. Missed two Madarin Flames, Two Electro Blasts and a Vortex battle during the game. (Potentially 25 million more points if I won them, but ends up being tons of pinball time without much score.)

I've got the top score among my friends (I added like ten people from the Pinball FX forums so it's a solid set of scores to beat) Time to take a break from that table until someone tops me. Key to Iron Man table is being able to hit the left orbit consistently.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I finally focused on the Wolverine table and posted a decent score: 54,431,800

good for the top 1000

Xbox Live is so great for tracking friend's scores. I had one magic ball in this game where I could do no wrong. It's fun to start seeing the notices pop up on the upper right part of the screen when you start passing high scores.

It's very easy to drain the ball on the left side of this table. Best way to avoid this is to not aim for the Saber Tooth thingy when you have the ball on the left flipper (I kept shooting the right orbit and ramp) also, do not keep upper right flipper out when ball is up on the bumpers as a soft roll down from the bumpers off a held out right upper flipper tends to drain the ball out of play down the left side.

Key for big points on the Wolverine table is getting your bonus multiplier high. Keep hitting it up into the rollover slots above the sentinal bumpers to increase your bonus. Once you're at 4X and 6X, you'll start racking up the points on everything else you do.

I still haven't' won a Sabre Tooth fight (as far as I know). Knock down the Hand (ninja guys) for easy big points.

Gotta hand it to Zen Studios. They made some great tables. They leave you with plenty to keep playing for even with some pretty high scores on Iron Man, I still haven't seen several of the big "events" on the table.

Not to get into the console debate again, but the way Live handles scoring updates with your friend's makes this game all the more addicting. Adding some pinball fans from the Pinball FX forums as friends has pushed me to score higher. So far Iron Man is the only table I have the highest score on but just a million more points on Wolverine would launch me quite a bit higher in national rankings.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

After this weekend, my new super score is in the 700's, closing in on the top 1000. I still don't own 2 of the tables so I should easily be able to increase my super score once I get those since that score basically takes your score for each table (with one million = 1 super score point) and combines them.

After checking my friends list, I was wondering how they were getting such high scores...turns out you can get really high scores on the Rocky and Bullwinkle table so I bought that one and promptly posted the second highest score of my PinballFX2 friends. (I think around 300 million) which gave me more points than Fair's total super score for comparison. There's only one person ahead of me in super score and he posted a score of over 900 Million on Rocky and Bullwinkle. That one machine really tweaks the super scores.