A nice sale on Good Old Games

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

A nice sale on Good Old Games

Post by Hesten »

As you might have noticed, GOG went out of beta last week, with a (imo very idiotic) media stunt, but are to be forgiving for adding Baldurs Gate (+ Tales of the Sword Coast) and Planescape Torment to their growing list of great games.
And to top it off, they got a weekend sale so cheap that even the most diehardy pirate should consider buying some instead :) 50% off 10 popular games, when the price is already at 10$ or lower.

Im ending up owning 7 of the games for sale now, had 3 of them already :)

So if you want some good games, pop over and see if some of your childhood favorites are on sale...and if not, get Psychonauts, at 4.99 you are out of excuses to not buy it :)

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/community_favourites
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Re: A nice sale on Good Old Games

Post by Dregor Thule »

GOG was down recently for an unknown reason. I'm curious how that affected games purchased via the service, was there any troubles?
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Dregor Thule wrote:GOG was down recently for an unknown reason. I'm curious how that affected games purchased via the service, was there any troubles?
Not exactly unknown reasons, it was the "bad" pr stunt i mntioned :). They wanted out of beta, and did a week of "gog is shutting down from its current state", and scared everyone, lost a LOT of good will on that stunt.
Then came out of beta, and put out Baldurs Gate :)

As for how it affect games, noone could get their games while they were down (they were upgrading their webservers and infrastructure for almost a week), but since there are no DRM in their games, anyone who had their games down could of course still play :) So have the games on a DVD for yourself, and youll never have trouble, like you would if Steam goes down :)
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

You can play Steam games offline, they just have to be activated once.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Dregor Thule wrote:You can play Steam games offline, they just have to be activated once.
Yeah, but youre fucked if you want to install them again :). Not so with GOG, IF you remembered to download them as you should do :)
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Freespace 2 is still one of my favorite games of all time. It's $5.99! Check it out!

It's a first-person space fighter that, for when it was released, still has graphics that aren't hideous and gameplay that is fucking amazing. I reinstall and replay it about once every 3 months, and I've owned it for like 10 years now.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Bagar- wrote:Freespace 2 is still one of my favorite games of all time. It's $5.99! Check it out!

It's a first-person space fighter that, for when it was released, still has graphics that aren't hideous and gameplay that is fucking amazing. I reinstall and replay it about once every 3 months, and I've owned it for like 10 years now.
This.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeSpace_ ... de_Project

Updated with better shaders/textures, and free. Some cool mostly unfinished mods, but still full game and fs1.