Enslaved (360)

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Enslaved (360)

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:Sales are 150k in 3 weeks.... what a turd.

That's even worse than Blur.
Shame you put so much stock in sales figures and not quality! Wal Mart Miir reporting for duty!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I've never said anything bad about the game.
I rather enjoyed the demo...

My point in bringing up sales is that because the figures are so awful, it's not likely we'll see a sequel or any more games from Ninja Theory after DMC.
A shame because I also really enjoyed Heavenly Sword.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I'll be renting or picking it up on the cheap. I have no interest in racing games sence the skip on Blur.

Also, i've been not buying anything recently and I'll be getting Kinect on thursday. Looking forward to that.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

You two should get a room and get that tension out of your systems.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: asian tempest

Post by Syenye »

This is Amazon's Gold Box Deal of the Day for $25.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Yeah, I'll bite at 25.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Two clicks later, and it's done. I actually had 25$ in savings to apply, so I get Enslaved for free!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

On the upsite, Amazon.com can now ship video games to Canada now!!

On the downside, there's 9$ shipping and an extra 3$ for duty fees, making the 25$ price over 36$ when it's all said and done. The game from Amazon.CA is 39$ up with 45$ when you add applicable taxes.

Over 30$ is over what I was willing to pay for this.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Thanks for the heads up, I'll most likely grab this at that price too.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I played about 30 minutes or so last night. The game is pretty fucking awesome! The voice acting and character interaction put it in a category all it's own. Nice game suggestion, Winnow!

It's a real toss up over this and Castlevania as far as which one is better. Both were released at the same time and had horrible sales, much like Split Second and Blur. I'm glad I got all 4 for dirt cheap! This trend really encourages me to not buy games at release.

Btw, Bizarre Creations, the studio that made Blur, was closed down yesterday. All 200 employees were let go.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I bought this the day it was on sale, and I went with the free shipping. Not sure what Amazon's problem is but it's not supposed to get here for over two weeks yet...
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Fairweather Pure wrote: Both were released at the same time and had horrible sales, much like Split Second and Blur. I'm glad I got all 4 for dirt cheap! This trend really encourages me to not buy games at release.

Btw, Bizarre Creations, the studio that made Blur, was closed down yesterday. All 200 employees were let go.
That's a shame about Bizarre Creations...

But yikes! Enslaved's sales really did tank.
Less than 230k in 6+ weeks.
At least it should hit the $20 mark early in the new year.

Like Split Second and Blur... Castlevania and Enslaved are both really good games.
They couldn't have had worse timing on release dates.

Castlevania should at least have no problem hitting the half-million mark.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

More reasons why Enslaved is so good.

Here's a video on the voice actor that plays Pigsy:

http://www.destructoid.com/-pigsy-voice ... 8057.phtml

You'll hear Monkey's voice, see the female that plays Trip but she doesn't speak in the video. It's cool to see that the voice actors got so into the story while speaking their lines and that they were actually in some of the motion capture videos.

Cool stuff. It's a shame if this game doesn't get a sequel due to losers that only go for the popular name games (that suck). Maybe they'll get enough feedback to warrant a second game with a better marketing campaign behind it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Not sure how much better it could be. At least print wise. I saw ads all over the place for this game before it came out.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:. It's a shame if this game doesn't get a sequel due to losers that only go for the popular name games (that suck). Maybe they'll get enough feedback to warrant a second game with a better marketing campaign behind it.
The game had decent marketing, good word of mouth and favorable reviews.
It's simply a victim of being released at the worst possible time. The market is currently so saturated with A list titles/sequels that any new IP will get overlooked unless it's astonishingly amazing. Enslaved is just a good game... not a great game.

I doubt any sort of feedback will warrant a sequel, esepcially considering the games sales probably won't even cover the ad campaign.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Let me help you out with some suggestions.

Enslaved 2: Call of Duty

Enslaved 2: Halo Warriors

Gears of Enslaved

Change Monkey's armor to look like Halo or Gears of War on the cover only. Give Trip a thong thinner than the player base pie slice FFXIV has on the MMORPG charts.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Wow, the price on this tanked so fast.
I found a copy for $8 on the weekend.
Now I just need to find time to play it.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

That's still 8$ more than Winnow paid.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

:lol:

We need to add a "like" button, Facebook style.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Excellent game! I play few games to the end. Enslaved I played straight through.

You people that blow 60.00 on cookie cutter FPS shooter games should be paying 120.00 for Enslaved! Let me manage your game buying budget!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I'll pick this up when I can get my hands on it for 10-20$ locally.

I just started my 2nd playthrough of Dragon Age 2 with a Rogue this time. So great.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:Wow, the price on this tanked so fast.
I just looked up the dates. It was released for 60$ on Oct 5th and I bought it for 25$ on Nov 9th (free with Amazon credit though). The speed of that price drop has to be up there with Bionic Commando. In a similar vein, I picked up Army of Two: Dog Days for 10$ over the weekend.

Also, let me clarify my previous statement where I said I wasn't sure which was better, Enslaved or Castlevania LoS. It's Castlevania. Enslaved is still a great game. You got a steal at that price.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Amazon has this new for $16.70 for PS3 and $20 (I think) for the 360. I chose PS3 version because I like to save money. I got it today and played through the first 4 chapters. It seems decent enough for what I paid and it's the type of game I like: decent length single player. I do have some annoyances (of course). The main one is the save points that come BEFORE the cut-scene so you end up having to watch them multiple times if you die. Also the camera is flaky at times and sometimes it becomes fixed when I really want to swing it around and see more. A lot of other games do that and it always bugs the shit out of me.

This has a 82/80 on metacritic so it's a shame that games with worse reviews or me-too First Person Shooters had a lot better sales.

Oh and this is as much an RPG as God of War since it's collecting orbs and upgrading stuff.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Things I didn't like:

-can't save anywhere and hard to tell where last save point was sometimes. If you fail a level, you will typically be taken back to AFTER the last cut scene but there was a time or two on a challenging part that I had to see the cut scene each time I re-attempted the event.

-There are only two timed things that happen in the game. Both involved the little hoverpad Monkey uses and a chase scene. It took me like 15 tries on one of them and it was frustrating. Those two parts are the only time it happens but it can be annoying if you're not good with timing jump stuff while going fast making turns.
I discovered you can skip cutscenes by pushing the Select/Back button. Which is good because I've spent 2 hours chasing that fucking dog through the junkyard level and it's just retarded. I don't know how they thought that would be fun but I'm just about to say fuck it and throw the controller out the window.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I finished this. Was it worth the $17 that I paid? Yeah I guess so. Here's my final thoughts! Definitely a lot more cons than pros however.

+ Graphics are really good, especially the background/distant shots, when you have a chance to stop and just look at them. Prepare to be nagged by Trip though to "Lets go" or "Hurry up" or "Follow me" if you spend too long looking.

- Worst camera ever. Seriously. Many times in combat the thing would swing around to me while I was attacking and thus throw my aim off 180 degrees and I'd miss the target and get hit by enemies in the process. Also a lot of times it will take control of the viewpoint to show you what you need to do and when it finally goes back to you the camera isn't where you left it so you're now all disoriented.

- Worst controls ever. Although not as bad as the camera. More than a handful of times I would hit the jump button and it just wouldn't register. Many times also when I was trying to jump over something or up onto a platform he'd keep rolling instead. This should never happen at all in an action type game especially one with many platforming elements.

- Trip... She is really annoying in many missions and generally not a nice person to be honest. She just orders him around and never says "Please" or "Thank you". Well she did say please once that I can remember but that's because she was in immediate danger of plummeting to her death. On more than one occasion she killed me because I got too far away looking for those stupid orbs (see below!). You can have noble reasons for enslaving someone (in a game anyway!) and still not have to act like a bitch.

- Too many 'tech orbs' to collect if one wants to 100% the game. Think shards in Infamous and feathers/treasure chests in Assassin's Creed. They really need to stop having these in games at least at that level. 80% should be good enough.

- Unskippable cutscenes. Not a huge negative as most can be skipped with the Select/Back button. However some, for whatever reason, can't be. Particularly annoying if it's before a section you have to keep redoing.

I really wanted to give this game a solid 8 rating but the camera and controls led me to having a frustrating experience many times so I'm giving it a 6.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

What about the story? didn't like he story? (except for the end part which is strange). And you didn't mention Piggy!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You can get this on Stream via Humble Bundle for $1 if you really want although you're always free to give more. I'd say it's worth $1 and it comes with all the DLC.

You also get Pac-Man 256 and Ace Combat Assault Horizon. Good deal if you've never played Enslaved. I can't speak on ACAH but Pac-Man 256 alone makes it worth $1!

--