Final Fantasy XIV

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Funkmasterr »

Ok, first and foremost, I'm making a formal request to not faggot up this thread, not that I'm naming any names, Winnow.

After finally getting to play this last night, all I have to say is it fucking rocks. Lets just go ahead and get the negatives out of the way first, though;

The not so good
-Server congestion issues. I realize this is to be expected with the release of a new MMO, but only the Japanese peeps and people in the states who bought the collectors edition are playing right now, so on Thursday when the standard edition comes out, there will really be some shit. I am guessing/hoping within a few weeks it will be mostly cleared up, and I never experienced major stability issues with FF XI, so I have faith that will be the case. Part of this is also server lag, which sometimes isn't bad, but some other times is kind of obnoxious, but not enough so far to detract too much from my experience. Being as the bulk of the people playing this will probably be from Japan (and I think that's definitely the case with my server) - I'm guessing about midnight to noon central time will be the busiest hours.

-Required (basically) use of a gamepad. This is not a downside for me, but I guess it probably is for some. I picked up a wireless Xbox controller for my pc, and just sit back on my bed/couch and just have my keyboard sitting by me for the rare times I need it, which is only to chat. On the Xbox controller I have the buttons mapped out the way they are shown in the instruction manual and the controls are very intuitive.

-Very little guidance in the beginning of the game. It's hard for me to bitch too much about this, because I always gripe about how WoW holds your hand all the way to level 80, but I've had a tough time piecing together a few things so far. You get a basic starter quest that introduces you to all the tradeskill guilds, although I'm still not really sure how tradeskills work. I also haven't been able to figure out if there are weapon/armor vendors I can get low level upgrades through, or if the bazaar type area or crafting them on my own is my only choice. All that being said, I have only been playing for one night :)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head for negatives at the time being, so lets move onto the good stuff!

The Good

-The graphics in this game are insane! After I got my new card set up last night and cranked most of the settings to high, it was fucking awesome running around the starter zone and going from a crisp sunny day where I could see for a long distance, to a dust storm blowing in and limiting my visibility (not to mention looking fucking awesome!).

The shadow effects, water, sun reflections off of surfaces, physics of peoples clothing, etc is all the best I've seen in a MMO by a long shot. Part of it is that I've never had a really nice set up for gaming until last night I suppose, but it's just awesome to look out across a big desert plain and see a big looming city in the distance in crisp detail!

While some may not be a fan of the character creation system because it doesn't let you customize everything down to nose hair length, I think it is more than sufficient, and the character models look really good, as do all the mobs I've seen so far. The mobs are particularly cool, they all have their own unique movements/attacks. For example one of the quests I started off with had me kill some moles. When they are getting low on health they burrow under ground, and if you don't move away a little bit they will slam up from underneath you a few seconds later.

-I personally like the interface. It's pretty damn simple for a PC game, but finding whatever you want in the menu is very simple. I also actually like the passive/active system, it helps to prevent you from doing something you didn't mean to, and really doesn't take any longer to switch between than hitting a button for auto attack.

-It might initially look like the classes available are pretty limited and basic, however that isn't the case. You can switch your class at any time by switching weapons. You have a physical level, which is like the traditional level from other MMO's, and you have your level for each class you've worked on. Once you have leveled multiple combat classes, you can start to mix and match their abilities to customize your class to be what you want. This is pretty cool for a few reasons; for one you will see more of a variety, particularly once people get out of the initial low levels. But I think more importantly is the flexibility you'll have once you start grouping. There will be a lot less issues with not being able to find a healer/tank/whatever considering someone else just has to switch their weapon (and maybe armor) and can play a completely different role.

-Cut scenes. They are what Final Fantasy is all about, and there have been plenty of them so far in this game. These are really impressive visually, and I feel like they all add to the experience in their own way.

-Semi-instances quests. This is particularly key right now, when everyone playing the game is in the same couple of areas. When you start a guildleve (quest), whatever mobs you have to kill may be in abundance in a certain area, but there will be some that you see marked with a little note icon above them - these mobs can only be attacked by you. The minimap also makes it really easy to track down whatever you need to kill, without some stupid add on! It will just light up in the direction you need to go, and once you are closing in on the spot, the entire area the mobs can be in is highlighted on the map.

Overall, even though the game is in it's early stages and needs a little work, I'm impressed and I fully expect to spend a good chunk of time on this game for the foreseeable future. If anyone else is playing, I am on the Figaro server. Miir is here too along with a few of his friends. We started in the big desert city (can't remember the name).

My characters names are:
Dandelo Empathica (this will be my main)
Rolande Deschain
Randall Flagg

No, I don't like the Dark Tower at all ;)

Hope to see some more of you guys join in!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Final Fantasy IV

Post by miir »

I'm on Figaro as Miir Vermillion
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Not to faggot up the thread (classy) but I don't think you're referring to Final Fantasy 4.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

What was wrong with the other thread? It had all the information in it. Drama queen much?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Dregor Thule wrote:Not to faggot up the thread (classy) but I don't think you're referring to Final Fantasy 4.
Fixed, and thanks :)

Aslanna wrote:What was wrong with the other thread? It had all the information in it. Drama queen much?
Well for one, it was about the beta. Two, it was about multiple games, and being as I'm going to be playing this one, I'd like to not have to sift through it. Clear enough, no?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Well for one, it was about the beta. Two, it was about multiple games, and being as I'm going to be playing this one, I'd like to not have to sift through it. Clear enough, no?
Not really. Two threads because it moved from beta to release? Ridiculous! And while it did initially contain other games it pretty much focused on FFXIV in the last few weeks. I could see if it was hundreds of posts and dozens of pages but it wasn't exactly a hotbed of activity.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Well for one, it was about the beta. Two, it was about multiple games, and being as I'm going to be playing this one, I'd like to not have to sift through it. Clear enough, no?
Not really. Two threads because it moved from beta to release? Ridiculous! And while it did initially contain other games it pretty much focused on FFXIV in the last few weeks. I could see if it was hundreds of posts and dozens of pages but it wasn't exactly a hotbed of activity.
Meh, what's done is done. I don't want to post in a thread tainted with beta complaints and winnows FF hating bullshit, so I'm not. Might as well drop it.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Winnow »

I encourage this thread! I'd go so far as to suggest a new forum be created.

A few sub forum suggestions for the new FFXIV Forum:

-COPY PASTED LOCATIONS - FIND A NEW ONE AND WIN VVs
-FIVE CHARACTER HAIR SELECTIONS - WHICH DID YOU CHOOSE?
-FUTURE IMPROVEMENTS: NEW CHARACTER RACE THAT DOESN"T START WITH AN ASS BAG
-MOLD CLASS ACTION SUIT

Continue with thread, I won't intrude! (anymore)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Die in a car fire prs.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I support the idea of a FFXIV forum. The more forums the better.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

It can be closed like the rest of them!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

8 quests per 36 hours is too much! Nerf prs!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

masteen wrote:8 quests per 36 hours is too much! Nerf prs!
Team up with other people and share theirs.
Work on tradeskills.
Go harvest.

It's not like levequests are the only thing to do in this game... there's no shortage of other shit to do.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Also, as far as the 15 hour limitation goes - I'm not positive because it's hard to tell, but I think that is per class. So once you have 15 hours in on one and your exp stops coming, you can switch to another. This is just fine, because under no circumstance I can think of should you only level one class.

One other thing that could potentially suck that I'm noticing is the tradeskill system. Apparently none of the armor you create is bound when someone equips it, so that kind of limits the number of things that can be in the economy as people will re sell their armor/weapons when they get new ones. It's also pretty difficult to find things you need to buy with the bazaar system right now, but apparently people think they will be releasing a auction house.. I guess it wasn't up and running right away at release for FF XI either.

Still having a blast with it though, got lancer to level 10 last night, and now I'm going to switch to pugilist for a while to get a few skills.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Limiting the fun part of a game, forcing people to do the mundane skills or mind numbingly boring "harvesting" in a game you are supposed to be playing for fun, and paying a company to do so, is the absolute worst decision ever. Seriously, what a bunch of dumb-asses. You've got people that are on vacation or have schedules that allow them to play in spurts. Even if there's a way to work around the system, just announcing that was foolish.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:Limiting the fun part of a game, forcing people to do the mundane skills or mind numbingly boring "harvesting" in a game you are supposed to be playing for fun, and paying a company to do so, is the absolute worst decision ever. Seriously, what a bunch of dumb-asses. You've got people that are on vacation or have schedules that allow them to play in spurts. Even if there's a way to work around the system, just announcing that was foolish.

Seriously dude, if you're going to troll this thread I'll delete your fucking posts, it's getting old. If you have valid criticism/compliments/discussions to give about the game fine, otherwise there are like 15 other forums you can troll.

In the case of the off chance that you actually just don't get it, even after supposedly playing the beta enough to know the game, I'll explain it again. I believe there are like 8 combat classes, you can only gain experience towards your rank (level) in each of them for 15 hours a week - that's 120 hours.

Then there are the harvesting/trade skill classes, and here is where your assessment goes really wrong. The trade skill classes in this game are really involved, and this game draws a fair crowd of people who are content to spend most or all of their time just doing trades, and this game is set up to enable that. There are like 8 more classes here between trades/gathering that you can spend another 120 hours on per week. That's 240 total if you really wanted to be hardcore...

There is no lack of shit to do, you aren't forced to do boring or mundane shit, at least not any more so than any other mmo. Get over it already.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Winnow, there's lots of 'instant-action', noob friendly MMOs out there, go play one of those.
FFXIV is geared for players who are interested in long term investment and rewards.

We TOTALLY GET IT that you don't like this game.
There's really no need to keep faggoting up FFXIV threads with your opinions on a game that you played for an hour or two.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Seriously dude, if you're going to troll this thread I'll delete your fucking posts, it's getting old. If you have valid criticism/compliments/discussions to give about the game fine, otherwise there are like 15 other forums you can troll.
Typical right-winger.. Trying to stifle the speech of the people. I'm pretty sure if you start deleting posts around here your moderator status wont last long. That's not the role of the forum moderators.

Just because someone has criticisms you don't care to hear that doesn't mean they are trolling.

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Criticisms from someone who doesn't even play the game = troll

You don't see me trolling the Halo Reach thread. :D
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, if he (or anyone else) has criticisms, great. He's just doing it to be a pest/get a reaction/whatever...
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Are there lots of bot-spammers like Aion? That was fantastically annoying!
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Canelek wrote:Are there lots of bot-spammers like Aion? That was fantastically annoying!
I've seen very little trade chat at all to be honest. When you're in the city you'll see some pop up once in a while, but I've seen that more often than not it's people looking to buy something rather than sell.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'd join kyoukan on the VV retired list the next day if you were allowed to delete my post.

You people keep harping on all the great things there are to do in FFXIV. I'm not talking about the super fabulous harvesting, I'm commenting on how retarded it was for Square to even do something like limit melee XP'ing for their paying customers. If their harvesting of raw materials is so great, people would eventually flock to doing that on their own instead of having fun killing shit on their time off.

FFXIV has lots of issues. I'm glad you're enjoying it although it already looks like you've taken a big step back on ye'ole fun meter after just your second day.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

miir wrote:Criticisms from someone who doesn't even play the game = troll

You don't see me trolling the Halo Reach thread. :D
But he HAS played it. So I don't get the argument.

Whereas you more than likely haven't played Halo Reach. Although even then I wouldn't support your posts being deleted.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:I'd join kyoukan on the VV retired list the next day if you were allowed to delete my post.

You people keep harping on all the great things there are to do in FFXIV. I'm not talking about the super fabulous harvesting, I'm commenting on how retarded it was for Square to even do something like limit melee XP'ing for their paying customers. If their harvesting of raw materials is so great, people would eventually flock to doing that on their own instead of having fun killing shit on their time off.

FFXIV has lots of issues. I'm glad you're enjoying it although it already looks like you've taken a big step back on ye'ole fun meter after just your second day.
I wouldn't want to make poor Winnow cry. Have at it then, I'll just put you on ignore then if you can't control yourself.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Tips

System:
-If you experience a black blank screen after Square-Enix logo upon starting the game, wait a bit for the page to load after the login page (the page with the 'Play' button.)
-Ambient occlusion increases load by a lot. Turn it off if you have a medium end rig.
-You can run the game in a smaller window, if you are using windowed mode, by lowering the resolution.

General:
-Any action of crafting and gathering lowers the durability of your equipment.
-Getting defeated does not decrease your durability by a set amount, the process of getting hit will however.
-Anima regens at a rate of 1 every 4 hours.
-Interacting with Aetheryte nodes (NOT crystals) will also set your home point there.
-You can teleport to Aetheryte nodes you have collected for a cost of 1 anima from the nearest Aetheryte crystal.
-At any point you were typing and the game closes your chatbox, you can re-open the chatbox again and press up arrow to retrieve unfinished sentences.
-Return function can be used without being dead, at a cost of 2 anima.
-The repair NPC does not repair your accessories (rings, necklace, etc.)
-You can have a total of 8 linkshells, they do not take any inventory space.
-Weakness stacks two times at most but refreshes each time you die.
-You can follow a target by locking onto them and turning auto-run on. However, you will stop following them and continue running if they change any pieces of equipment.

Inventory:
-Shards and crystals stack to 999. Shards will be unobtainable aslong as you have 999 shards in your inventory.
-Putting items up for sale in your personal bazaar removes them from your inventory. Effectively granting you 10 additional inventory slots and also bypassing stack restrictions (like 999 shards.) This also applies to your retainer.

Retainer:
-Your retainer's bazaar placement is removed each time server restarts.
-It is very time consuming taking items out of your retainer's inventory, think twice before unloading everything onto it.

Levequests:
-Leve's reset every 36 hours at a set server time. You can do 8 locals and 8 regionals, for all cities.
-Guildleve's are selected randomly from a predefined pool per player. Players may obtain different Guildleve's compared to others.
-It is a good idea to use up all the materials from local Guildleve's even after you have completed objectives.
-Guardian's Favor regenerates at a rate of 10 every 12 hours.
-Exchanging multiple Guildleve's for one single one counts as just taking 1 slot of the 8 leves you can pick up. So, it is fine to exchange the maximum (4) amount of Guildleve's for a high gil or rank point leve and still pick up all other 7 leves.

Battle:
-Enemies in some caves have increased respawn rates, these make them good for grinding.
-Enemies that have long casts on their weaponskills can often be avoided by unlocking your camera and running out of range.
-Be aware when you think the enemy will use a weaponskill, spamming buttons will lock your animation and prevent you from running.
-Enemy difficulty icons are relative to your party and your equipment.
-In order of difficulty from least to most, the icons are as follow: Blue > Green > Yellow > Orange > Red.

Crafting:
-No crafting recipe requires you to use an offhand tool.
-Gil rewards from your local Guildleve's are relative to your successful objective item(s) quality.

Gathering:
-Elemental attributes effect the rate of discovery of that elemental's shard during gathering.
-Seek skills that increase movespeed (Dowse, Triangulate, etc.) share the same cooldown.
-These seek skills will also display fish, tree, ore clusters that you've already depleted.
-You have a chance of losing your fishing lure every time you fail to reel in your catch.
-There is no point using Guardian's Favour in Guildleve's that involve you to search for promising points, you will not get any addition experience whatsoever.

Marauder:
-Bloodbath does not wear on miss. It may pay off to have enough TP for two weaponskills incase you miss one.

Lancer:
-You can only have one surge type skill on you. Hitting an enemy will put the debuff on them. You can however change to another surge once the debuff is on them and apply a different debuff.
-Using heavy thrust will prevent Guildleve targets from running away.

Macros:
-Targetable skills that you often use on yourself can be replaced by a macro that casts the skill with the suffix <me>, avoiding the need to click yourself.Xienith
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

From what I remember moderators can't ignore people!?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I thought it was the other way around where people couldn't ignore moderators. Either way Funk is being a whiny baby. Ignore Winnow or not just stfu about it.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:I thought it was the other way around where people couldn't ignore moderators. Either way Funk is being a whiny baby. Ignore Winnow or not just stfu about it.
No, Funk is not. Look at Final Fantasy 13, he played it for two days and then throughout the multiple page thread he continued to campaign against the game like it kicked his fucking dog. No one else on this site does that, if you don't like something you say your peace and move on. It shouldn't be asking that much for people to not keep shitting on a game they have already stated they don't like and allow the people playing it to carry on a conversation.

It's ok either way though, found a different board to have FF discussions on so have at it.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Now that this game is out of beta, this is probably a good thread to post in:
Reportedly Square Enix is demanding the gaming press hold off publishing any reviews of Final Fantasy XIV until a month after the game’s release; unfortunately, players seem to have jumped the gun and are publishing their own less than favourable opinions of the game.

Review copies of Final Fantasy XIV have been accompanied by the admonition that reviews should be held back for “three to four weeks post launch” – the rubric apparently being that lots of time is needed “to give the online game time to mature.”

The demand is styled as a “polite request,” although review sites can probably be forgiven for suspecting their supply of future Square Enix titles might be in danger of drying up should they ignore the request.

Naturally, Square Enix’s growing legion of detractors (admittedly not necessarily any more reliable than Square Enix themselves) have their own interpretation of this – that Square Enix is attempting to delay news of an impending disaster.

Japanese user reviews are not so sparing – 38% and 1.5 stars over some 160 ratings:
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I really hope (this is my main frustration) that posts by that ignorant, obnoxious sack of worthless shit are not shying anyone that was considering trying this away from the game. He has proven time and again that his opinion on video games is worth it's weight in dog shit.

That being said, I'm still having a blast playing this. I can see some frustrations people would have trying this game having never played a MMO, or having only played WoW - but for those of us that came from EQ the learning curve isn't really bad at all - you'll figure most of it out after a few days.

The leveling/fatigue system, while maybe not marketed/presented to people the best way is actually pretty cool. Borrowing this video from another site, but it's a really good explanation of how the fatigue system works and why it works that way: Fatigue System Explained

The only thing I don't have pegged so far is the crafting, but I admit I haven't put much effort into figuring it out yet. The one thing I really hope they refine is the way you search for stuff other people have for sale. I guess the auction house wasn't up and running on release for FFXI either, so I'm not too worried, but as it stands it's going to be easier just to get to know people who are doing the trades that I need to get new equipment and gather the materials for them.

I'd definitely recommend this game to fans of FF, or someone looking for a new MMO to play that is definitely more challenging than WoW. I will definitely be playing it for the foreseeable future... I might even skip buying the expansion for WoW cause I can't really see myself spending much time on that when I have this game to play.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

FF11 was pretty bad at launch but it matured into one of the best MMOs of it's time.

FF14 definitely has the framework of a great game... It will just be a while before it evolves into a that game.
Right now it's a decent game that despite it's flaws is still a heck of a lot of fun.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

For the love of god, don't waste your money on this game if you're on a budget! There are a ton of quality MMOs coming out early next year. This heap of crap is not worth your money. It's really not even a matter of spending money on this game though. It's your valuable time wasted that will make you sick to your stomach if you invest any of it into this game.

Watch 7 straight seasons of Buffy like I did recently just so I could enjoy Season 8 in comic book form!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Winnow, you really do not want want me to take this to the next level.

Seriously, fuck off.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I haven't bothered with FFXIV because of Winnow's thorough analysis. I'm pretty sure it (FFXIV) sucks though.
Last edited by Aslanna on October 5, 2010, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Aslanna wrote:I haven't bothered with FFXIV because of Winnow's thorough analysis. I'm pretty sure it sucks though.
I'm pretty sure Winnow's analysis sucks as well.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Dude, I've been doing game reviews for years on VV. The 10 people that read them (and your posts) know by now how I choose to style my reviews.

I can't believe you're about to go all Nunzio about it. Keep it together man!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

It's up to you man... your call.

If you keep this immature Final Fantasy crap I will completely faggot up every single one of your threads in every forum you post in... And I don't mean my normal style of trolling and inciting. I mean if you take your trolls and multiply them by my trolls you might come close to the level of faggotry I'm willing to go to...

Or you can just step the fuck away from this thread about a game that you aren't playing and we can go back to our normal trolling/flaming antics.

I sincerely hope you choose the latter as our trolls and flames are usually quite fun.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:It's up to you man... your call.

If you keep this immature Final Fantasy crap I will completely faggot up every single one of your threads in every forum you post in... And I don't mean my normal style of trolling and inciting. I mean if you take your trolls and multiply them by my trolls you might come close to the level of faggotry I'm willing to go to...

Or you can just step the fuck away from this thread about a game that you aren't playing and we can go back to our normal trolling/flaming antics.

I sincerely hope you choose the latter as our trolls and flames are usually quite fun.
:vv_yeahthat:
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

or the three of you could just go fuck already and get it over with
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Boogahz wrote:or the three of you could just go fuck already and get it over with
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Dregor Thule wrote:
Boogahz wrote:
Winnow wrote:I'm a douchebag
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:
Boogahz wrote:
Winnow wrote:I'm a douchebag
:lol:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I could understand if I was flaming WoW because I'm sure that game has some entertainment value but COME ON! FFXIV really does suck. I'll stick to news articles. If you can't handle those, you've got thinner skin than Leonaerd's condums.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Winnow wrote:I could understand if I was flaming WoW because I'm sure that game has some entertainment value but COME ON! FFXIV really does suck. I'll stick to news articles. If you can't handle those, you've got thinner skin than Leonaerd's condums.
\:D/

It's condumb*, and she was on birth control!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I'm still trying to figure out why they took the clunky UI from FFXI and made it MORE cumbersome and LESS responsive. Is it some sort of misguided attempt to even the playing field between console and PC?

Also, the current disparity in exp gains between casters vs. melee in small groups is fairly lulzy. I cannot understand that in a game allegedly aimed at small group/solo content, they would use a exp system based almost purely on quantity of hits per fight, and then have wildly different hit tables and attack speeds between all classes.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Sorry, negative reviews or opinions are not allowed in this thread.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

FUK U HITLER!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

masteen wrote:FUK U HITLER!

Seriously, cut it out. You don't want any part of my awesome flame skillz raining down on you for bagging on a game the majority of people that have reviewed and played it dislike!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

masteen wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why they took the clunky UI from FFXI and made it MORE cumbersome and LESS responsive. Is it some sort of misguided attempt to even the playing field between console and PC?

Also, the current disparity in exp gains between casters vs. melee in small groups is fairly lulzy. I cannot understand that in a game allegedly aimed at small group/solo content, they would use a exp system based almost purely on quantity of hits per fight, and then have wildly different hit tables and attack speeds between all classes.
Server latency has a lot to do with those issues.