EverQuest Expansion #17 Announced : House of Thule

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

EverQuest Expansion #17 Announced : House of Thule

Post by Aslanna »

Not totally new news but here you go... I wanted to wait until the 17th to be topical...
* Go from 85 to 90 – Achieve a New Max Level of 90 and set a new standard of gameplay
* More than 800 AAs – Elevate your power and abilities beyond the norm
* In-game Housing Addition – Make your permanent mark on the world! Collect and display treasured items
* New Housing Trophy System – Display your trophies and receive statistical benefits
* Hundreds of new housing items to decorate your house to your own style
* 18 Raids – Collect valuable rewards from all new adventures
* 13 Zones – Be the first to discover untouched lands of Norrath
* 450+ Spells – Exponentially add to your caster's arsenal
* 17 Missions – Experience intriguing lore and immersive Missions
* 120+ Quests – Challenge your skills and gather useful loot
* Inventory increase – Indulge the packrat in you and collect even more game goodies
17!

Still no bank inventory increase (more than likely there's nobody left who knows how it works) but two more inventory slots and larger bags will be available. I think you get a 16 slot bag for preordering.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Re: EverQuest Expansion #17 Announced : House of Thule

Post by Dregor Thule »

Get the fuck out of my house!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Or what you going to shoot me? I'm not sure the Castle Doctrine applies in EQ!

Honestly most of those features don't look that enticing. I don't give a hoot about player housing. Basically for me it's 5 new levels (aka pointless grinding), 2 more inventory spots along with larger bags, and a bunch of AA.

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

How long would it take a noob to grind out 90 levels plus a zillion AAs?

Wonder if EQ still gets new players.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't even know these days. For AAs there is now a scaling bonus based on how many you have so it's not as bad as it could be. I'm not sure the current max for other classes but for Monks it's around 4100 or so.
Last edited by Aslanna on August 18, 2010, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:I don't even know these days. For AAs there is now a scaling bonus based on how many you have so it's not as bad as it could be. I'm not sure the current max for other classes but for Monks it's around 41000 or so.
AA'flation!

When I stopped playing EQ I had 300 AAs and that was considered a lot at the time!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I had 800+ AAs, which was about twice as many as anyone else I knew in the game at the time. I stopped leveling at 60 and ground out AAs for a couple of months at the nightstalker camp. I would get an AA about every 47 minutes. I once did that spot for 24 hours straight.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

lol I meant 4.100 not 41,000. Ooops!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Basic expansion is going for $40 pre-order. Robbery! Seems a bit overpriced really for what you get.

--
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Not that I disagree, but the last expansion I remember purchasing was $39.99 also. I think it included everything up to that point, which was great if you needed it.. but if you only need that one expansion it sucks.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

The Game that brought us all together has reached new heights i see! :)

Lvl 90!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Jesus, the amount of content that game has now must be ridiculous. Can you, I don't know, solo the Temple of Veeshan these days?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sueven wrote:Jesus, the amount of content that game has now must be ridiculous. Can you, I don't know, solo the Temple of Veeshan these days?
Yeah. You could awhile ago pretty much. Especially with the addition of mercenaries. Which isn't technically soloing but at least you don't have to twist anyones arm to go do 8 year old content.

--
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

The downside to all of that content is both the number of completely empty zones and with the dropping server populations, the amount of potential spread of the remaining people.

I'd be interested to see statistics for each zone showing how long it's been since a player last visited, or a graph showing the number of zone entries on a monthly basis. I bet places there are zones that go 6+ months without a single visit.

PS: Another FUCK YOU to the person that redesigned Freeport.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

TRAIN INC SHADY
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Sueven wrote:Jesus, the amount of content that game has now must be ridiculous. Can you, I don't know, solo the Temple of Veeshan these days?
Better than that, there is a quest called Dragons, Dragons, Dragons. It starts out by teleporting you into an instanced version of Sol B and you have to clear the fire giants then kill naggy, then on to vox, and so on until you get to the Sleeper at the end. Did it today and made it to #10, Quarm in Plane of Time, as a 79 shaman duoing with a friend's 75 monk. The hardest part for us before that was #8 Vulak. It wasn't that Vulak was hard (he wasn't, I ended the fight at 40% mana and I was only down that low from spamming dots and nukes), but you start down the hall a bit and we managed to aggro 4 flurry drakes...2 at once and 2 others individually with just normal mobs. Those things were beating the hell out of my tank merc. Will know better than to just make a run for it next time.
Fedoro
No Stars!

Post by Fedoro »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:
Better than that, there is a quest called Dragons, Dragons, Dragons. It starts out by teleporting you into an instanced version of Sol B and you have to clear the fire giants then kill naggy, then on to vox, and so on until you get to the Sleeper at the end. Did it today and made it to #10, Quarm in Plane of Time, as a 79 shaman duoing with a friend's 75 monk. The hardest part for us before that was #8 Vulak. It wasn't that Vulak was hard (he wasn't, I ended the fight at 40% mana and I was only down that low from spamming dots and nukes), but you start down the hall a bit and we managed to aggro 4 flurry drakes...2 at once and 2 others individually with just normal mobs. Those things were beating the hell out of my tank merc. Will know better than to just make a run for it next time.

Damn, that shit sounds fun. (6 month thread necro lol)
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Fedoro wrote:
Asheran Mojomaster wrote:

Damn, that shit sounds fun. (6 month thread necro lol)

It was great. We actually wanted to go back later, and it seems that it is only in for the anniversary month (months this year, went on for like a month and a half). I've canceled my account again, but I may reactivate it next year just to try to go through this again.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:The Game that brought us all together has reached new heights i see! :)

Lvl 90!
Make it 95 now. Here we go again:

The EverQuest team is proud to bring you our 18th expansion, Veil of Alaris! Starting today, October 18, 2011, you're able to pre-order your copy of Veil of Alaris. Pre-orders will end on November 14, 2011.

New Veil of Alaris Game Features:

•Go from 90 to 95 – Achieve a New Max Level of 95 and set a new standard of gameplay
•Improved Hotbars! – Have better control of your characters experience with a revamp of the Hotbar system including the ability to display more hotbars with more buttons; assign icons to individual buttons; link and click on items from your hotbar instead of hot-swappping; and cool-down timers!
•Parcel & Coin Delivery system – Mail items and coin to your friends while they are offline; share profits from your adventures with your friends and receive items from them easier than ever before!
•New Guild Halls – Take Guild Halls to new heights with an integration of Tools and Functionality derived from EverQuest's robust Housing System. Customize and place your guild hall in one of our housing zones including multiple exterior and interiors.
•New Guild Rank-Based permission system – Personalize your Guilds with namable ranks and customizable permissions
•New Guild Trophies with varying bonuses!
•More than 800 AAs – Elevate your power and abilities beyond the norm
•13 Raids – Collect valuable rewards from all new adventures
•12 Zones – Be the first to discover untouched lands of Norrath
•500+ Spells – Exponentially add to your spell arsenal
•20 Missions – Experience intriguing lore and immersive Missions
•110+ Quests – Challenge your skills and gather useful loot
•Legends of Norrath™ - 5 Digital Booster Packs
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

God, those descriptions are lackluster. "Add to your spell arsenal." "Elevate your abilities beyond the norm."

No shit, that's what we've been doing for the past twelve expansions. Way to phone it in.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The only thing this expansions has going for it are... Improved Hotbars.

Sure there is the level increase but I don't see that as a positive. Basically it forces you out of areas you used to XP in which just slows you down since mobs hit harder and take longer to kill. And by harder it's like 14K hits now.

And new AAs.. Whee.. More of the same.. To help you survive 2 seconds longer on overpowered mobs.

The last real good addition was mercenaries a couple years ago. Since then they've either ran out of ideas or are probably unable to implement them with the current (ancient) code.

--
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

You had to know the future of EQ was semi-doomed when you watched interviews with various members of the dev team (including the lead dev) and they admitted they didn't actually play the game. I have to believe it costs them very little to keep it running these days, and not all that much to cut & paste a new expansion.