Wne Coolers

Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Wne Coolers

Post by Aslanna »

No.. Not Bartles and Jaymes. I mean like.. Wine coolers you stick in your house to keep your wine at a steady temp and humidity. Does anyone have any recommendations? Something like this but doesn't have to necessarily be that fancy. Looking in the under $1k range if anyone has any suggestions/favorites.

"Thank you for your support."

(Seriously.. Weren't the 80s like.. The best time ever!)
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: Wne Coolers

Post by Canelek »

That one looks pretty damn nice--I have seen some taller versions in tasting rooms. Obviously the 2-zone is the way to go, but tbh, I'd rather have my reds that I am cellaring be in a dark storage, like a traditional wine cellar.

That said, that one looks like a sweet setup! Funny how they have some diet coke and sprite in the picture. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Yeah it actually doesn't look bad. I guess I was just looking to see what others had since I have no idea on reliability and such. Why is 2 zone the way to go? I'm mostly a red drinker so just curious.

I live in a townhouse with no basement so... No traditional wine cellar anywhere to be had!

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Only to have wine in hand to suit taste. You can keep the reds at less than room temp as some benefit like Pinot noir. Bigger reds I find to be best when not overly warm as well. Mileage will vary. I like to have a few whites on hand as well for hot months or when pairing suits something light as well. We don't have many oakey whites here, being Pinot Gris as the common white varietal and the occasional dey reisling or Chardonnay, Pinot blanc, etc.

Back to the reds, mainly Pinot noir here, I'd rather not keep my house at 72 or 70 so a nice cooler area would be awesome since I have no cellar either.
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

What temp do you keep your house at! Mine is 72 in the summer. 68 or so in the winter.

Anyway, at least on Amazon the Vinotemp cooler are not getting great ratings so I think I will keep looking.

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

About the same temps for me, but only because we finally moved to a place that has central air.

Previously, it had been a bitch because it gets fucking hot in the summer with no AC!
en kærlighed småkager