Girl quits job with dry erase board

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Girl quits job with dry erase board

Post by Gzette »

Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Girl quits job with dry erase board

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Only a young, hot female could pull this off. She is all three, so she wins.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

HOPA indeed. Kudos for her creativity!
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Although if true that will more than likely hamper her employment opportunities in the future.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

You done been hoodwinked:
The Quitting Tale That Suckered the Whole Internet

Photos of an aspiring broker purportedly telling off her boss garnered widespread news coverage and more than 105,000 Facebook "likes" Tuesday. Too bad the story was published by two guys who have pranked the media before.

TheChive.com was first to post a series of pictures of "Jenny," a supposed office worker who held up a dry erase board with a series of messages dissing her chauvinist, micromanaging boss "Spencer" and outing him for spending all day playing FarmVille and reading TechCrunch. From there the story spread basically everywhere; the post got picked up, for example, on New York magazine's site, Mashable, The Atlantic's website, the New York Post, and TechCrunch, just to name a few. Gawker Media ran the story, too, on our sister site Jezebel and on Kotaku (whose post ran here on Gawker).

But over at All Things D, writer Peter Kafka grew suspicious. He noticed that TheChive was owned by the same two men who promoted a prior website, Derober, by fabricating a story about Donald Trump leaving a $10,000 restaurant tip, thus tricking the Post and Fox News. The site owners, John and Leo Resig, launched their 2007 Trump story on the strength of a falsified receipt; now they seem to be promoting TheChive's post with a fake resignation.

Because when Kafka called up Leo Resig and asked if the "Jenny" story is real, Resig wouldn't answer, saying:

"This one is to be determined. People are kind of making up their own stories."

We go on this vein for a bit. Since Leo won't tell me the story is real, and the Trump story definitely wasn't, I'll assume that this one is make-believe, too. "If you want to assume that, you can. We have a track record."

Resig added that Jay Leno and Good Morning America want "Jenny" on their shows — and that he'll reveal "Jenny's" identity tomorrow at 10 am. Maybe after Resig has had his fill of free publicity, he'll tell what's really going on. At least one thing is clear: his post was carefully timed for when the media was already in a lather about a spectacular, and very real, quitting story involving that JetBlue flight attendant who resigned via inflatable chute. And TheChive's suspect post came during that time of year when bored office workers are happy to be entertained by even the fishiest of "news" stories.

Their near-certain hoax will provoke some outrage, but the Resigs should get some credit for supplying the world with yet another bizarre story to laugh at this week. That's no small accomplishment, even if it did mean suckering everyone into trusting two known media pranksters.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Didn't really fool me. I had my doubts hence the "if true" in my previous post. So I guess it didn't sucker the "whole internet".
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

And TheChive's suspect post came during that time of year when bored office workers are happy to be entertained by even the fishiest of "news" stories.
What time of year is that, exactly?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

It's those boring work days between New Year's Day and New Year's Eve.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

I thought it was strange that Spencer's time spent didn't add up to 40 hours a week. Are we really to believe he only works 29 hours? What does he do with the other 11?!

Also, why did she change clothes at the end?
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

bamboozled! I am ashamed of myself! Oh well, it was funyn nontheless :lol:
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I still enjoyed looking at it, so joke is on them!