Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Let Me In trailer

Post by Fairweather Pure »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjavOLdPk1c

The American remake of Let the Right One In. Lots of shot by shot remakes in the trailer. Both of the child actors seem to lack the qualities that made the original so good, but it's really hard to judge from the Mtv style trailer.

It looks better than I thought it would.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: Let Me In trailer

Post by Canelek »

I have been wondering how this "US Version" would fly since Let the Right on In is so fucking good on its own. It is both annoying and interesting at the same time.

I liken it to [Rec], which was excellent, and Quarantine, which was US-Version-straight-to-DVD. Granted, I have not seen Quarantine yet...

Was the Swedish team involved at all in this?
en kærlighed småkager
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Canelek wrote:Was the Swedish team involved at all in this?
Good question. I honestly do not know the answer. It's not uncommon at all for foregin film makers to have a part in, or even remake thier own foreign movies for American studios.

The other odd remake going on right now is Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. The original is fantastic, much like Let the Right One In. The interesting thing about this particular American remake is that David Fincher is going to direct it. Still, I'm not sure what can be improved upon even with one of my favorite directors at the helm.

I guess what I consider so strange about all these remakes is that the time from Foreign to American remake is getting shorter and shorter. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was just released in theaters around March of this year and the DVD was only released last month. I believe the remake is set to be filmed and released by next winter.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Yeah, the trailer make it more out as a serious dark thriller, whereas the swedish one were more humane, quiet and tragic really...and no, from the trailer, i wouldnt see this one.

And how did "let the right one in" get translated to the commanding, evil "Let me in"?

And year, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo rocked, im afraid to see how much the remake will screw up.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

This popped up on Netflix streaming. I decided to give it a go and ya know what? It was pretty fucking good! Very rare that I enjoy both the original and remake/US Clone. This rendition is set in the early 80s. The girl is played by the young actress from Kick Ass. Since it is pretty much a shot-for-shot clone, those that like Let the Right One In will not be surprised, but I still had a good time with it.

6.5/10 - Would have rated slightly higher if it was not yet another way for Hollywood to shit all over themselves. Worth a viewing for sure!

Note on remakes:

Dawn of the Dead - Original wins by a long stretch, although the remake held its own--just should have been called something else since it was nothing like the original.

Das Experiment/The Experiment - US version (The Experiment) was far superior, IMO. Mainly due to solid acting by Whittiker/Brodie.

(Any Slasher Flick) vs. Originals - Originals win, aside from the fact that Texas Chainsaw Massacre has been remade, rebooted, slathered in honey and twice-baked a ton of times. I actually thought the remake from about 5 years ago was pretty damn cool. F13 and 'Elm Street kind of sucked ass.
en kærlighed småkager