WoW Discussion
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Midsummer Festival

Post by Funkmasterr »

Whoever came up with the torch toss/catching idea and thought it would be fun should be fired and this shit should be removed from the game. This is the most a game has pissed me off in a looooong time.

If they were at least capable of making real fucking shadows so I could follow the thing I might cut them a little slack.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Re: Midsummer Festival

Post by Aardor »

Point your camera directly over your head, makes it really easy.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

I thought this thread would be about how you can get two extra Frost emblems per day.

Which is awesome.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

You mean zoom all the way in and look up, or zoom all the way out and look down at yourself?

I tried it zoomed all the way in, and I do fine till about the third time i throw it.

And bagar :P
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

2 extra badges? damn I didn't know that.

Is the patch going in today or is it just the standard extended downtime?
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Funkmasterr wrote:You mean zoom all the way in and look up, or zoom all the way out and look down at yourself?

I tried it zoomed all the way in, and I do fine till about the third time i throw it.

And bagar :P
Sorry was tired, and what I said had little clarity, but it's zoom all the way out and look down on yourself, so you see the top of your head. You can see the shadow fly away from you and get bigger and smaller. Lag screws it up pretty bad too, so if you have a high ping, stay in 2 steps in front of it, but if you have a low ping, stay on it.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

It is patch day. I went home for lunch and downloaded it. Only took about 2 minutes. Servers aren't up yet though.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

You can que for "The Frost Lord Ahune" in the dungeon finder - it has it's own category in the dropdown menu.

You can kill him as many times as you like per day, but the first time you kill him (each day) you'll get a bag with two frost emblems.

Since he takes like 5 minutes to do and is so easy a mildly competent group could 4 man him, they're basically free frost emblems :).

The rest of the midsummer stuff I don't particularly care for, but free frost badges is okay in my book!
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, no use for that here :\ I have no use for frost on my druid anymore and I don't play alts. I did it once and that's probably it for me!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I am fine for gear with my Boomkin side but I need to get my Tree in all T10. I'm about 135 badges from buying all 4 pieces at the same time.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

The shadows looked good, but they just killed my framerate.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I am fine for gear with my Boomkin side but I need to get my Tree in all T10. I'm about 135 badges from buying all 4 pieces at the same time.
Meh. I'm like 5.4k gearscore boomkin and like 5.2 bear. I haven't bothered with frost gear for either cause I pretty much never use them. I'll have enough frost here before long to buy that crap if I ever do decide I need it though.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I am fine for gear with my Boomkin side but I need to get my Tree in all T10. I'm about 135 badges from buying all 4 pieces at the same time.
They'll do away with it when you hit 134.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Haha. I'd imagine in about another couple months they will start giving frost emblems for heroics instead of triumph. God forbid there is some separation between the people who work their assess off to progress and the casuals.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

At a guess they know the casuals are the ones who butter their bread. Can't keep them too far behind the curve, or let them realize how far behind they are.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aabidano wrote:At a guess they know the casuals are the ones who butter their bread. Can't keep them too far behind the curve, or let them realize how far behind they are.
Yeah, gotta feed that good old American sense of entitlement. Not like they couldn't run the company for the foreseeable future off of what they make in one month.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

I bought the 4 piece all at once too... f'ing T9 4-piece set bonus was too too good to break for T10
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Yeah, Elitest Jerks suggested that having 2 of each set isn't worth it. So I am about 116 badges from buying 4 pieces all at once. Granted I haven't been putting forth a whole lot of effort lately. I have been leveling up a Druid on the Alliance side on my server for some reason.

It's like an addiction. Once you start leveling you want to keep going just to hear that level up music one more time. Not to mention that the queue times are so much shorter on the Alliance side for both random dungeons and battlegrounds.

This will make my 3rd Druid too. I know this class the best and I really enjoy it.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I don't know what you're talking about... queue times for both my prot pal and frost tank dk are instant. 8)
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt