Bye bye Big 12

What do you think about the sports world?
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Bye bye Big 12

Post by Gzette »

Looks like the Big 12 is in its death throws. PAC-10 confirmed today CU has accepted bid to join the conference. Nebraska may announce tomorrow it will bolt for the Big-10(11). Looks like the ball is rolling on creating the first "super conference."

I'm a Univ. of Texas fan, and I think it sucks. I'll be pacified as long as the projected invites to the PAC-10 all go through, but I'm not happy about it taking perhaps 4 years to play all teams in the PAC-10. This is going to screw a lot of good teams. Being the 9th best team in the hypothetical PAC-16 is going to be a bigger accomplishment than 5th best in many other conferences. I think the more mediocre athletic programs in the PAC-16 (ironically I'd include Colorado) will end up losing a lot of recognition.

One thing I am happy about is Mizzou looking like it could get screwed. They started the whole discussion of this a year ago when they expressed a desire to join the Big 10. Now it looks like they could be left in a mid-major conference. Way to go on that one Tigers.

Also, Baylor gonna get screwed. Ah well they sucked anyway. Sure was fun kicking their ass every year though.

Finally Fuck cheating-ass USC
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: Bye bye Big 12

Post by Boogahz »

I do not support any move to a Pac-whatever conference. Fuck the Pac10 and whatever spawn comes out of this.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

It isn't like it makes UT's competition better. We'll end up pretty much playing the same teams we played each year in the Big 12 south. Maybe we swap Baylor for Stanford :D We'd play USC once every 2-4 years, and with those sanctions coming down, they might be pretty crappy for several years to come. I hate that this is all about money. That money doesn't subsidize the education aspect of schools either. It stay in the athletics dept.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

As a Nebraska fan, I'm a bit undecided on how to feel about this. On one hand, I can't stand the Big-10 as it exists now, aside from a couple of schools. Depending on how far the Big10 (11(12(16?))) expansion goes, my feelings about this might change a bit. The potential for a pretty cool situation exists. I really hate walking away from the Big-8 traditions, but so much of that was killed by Texas' whining / demands when they helped to form the Big-12. I don't really care about CU, but I'll miss KU, KSU and our rotation with the south division teams. Then again, things haven't really been the same since the demise of the annual NU/OU game. I think that moving the Big-12 offices and championship game to Dallas is another huge annoyance for many of the non-Texas Big-12 teams. Had it not been for Texas' (state at large, and UT to a slightly lesser degree) attempt to strong-arm/bully the conference OFF the field over the years, it may not have come to this. Hopefully we can establish some nice new rivalries in our new home.

I'm still looking forward to repaying the Longhorns for that CCG fiasco this October. 00:01!

If the Pac-?? expansion happens like it seems it's going to, CU and the Texas schools will probably join ASU & Arizona to form a southwestern division (or whatever they choose to call it), so your schedule will be about the same except for the Arizona schools and an annual beat-down of the Fluffs. The only real changes are one or two inter-division games and, presumably, a CCG against the coastal/western/whatever division champs. It does give you the opportunity to annually remind Winnow how crap Arizona's football programs are.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Xatrei wrote:As a Nebraska fan, I'm a bit undecided on how to feel about this. On one hand, I can't stand the Big-10 as it exists now, aside from a couple of schools. Depending on how far the Big10 (11(12(16?))) expansion goes, my feelings about this might change a bit. The potential for a pretty cool situation exists. I really hate walking away from the Big-8 traditions, but so much of that was killed by Texas' whining / demands when they helped to form the Big-12. I don't really care about CU, but I'll miss KU, KSU and our rotation with the south division teams. Then again, things haven't really been the same since the demise of the annual NU/OU game. I think that moving the Big-12 offices and championship game to Dallas is another huge annoyance for many of the non-Texas Big-12 teams. Had it not been for Texas' (state at large, and UT to a slightly lesser degree) attempt to strong-arm/bully the conference OFF the field over the years, it may not have come to this. Hopefully we can establish some nice new rivalries in our new home.

I'm still looking forward to repaying the Longhorns for that CCG fiasco this October. 00:01!

If the Pac-?? expansion happens like it seems it's going to, CU and the Texas schools will probably join ASU & Arizona to form a southwestern division (or whatever they choose to call it), so your schedule will be about the same except for the Arizona schools and an annual beat-down of the Fluffs. The only real changes are one or two inter-division games and, presumably, a CCG against the coastal/western/whatever division champs. It does give you the opportunity to annually remind Winnow how crap Arizona's football programs are.
True dat on the Ariz. hating. On the flip side, I'd have to support Winnows arguments about PAC-?? supremacy now. Ugh.

Geographically and I think culturally Nebraska is a great fit for the Big-10(12 pt. 2?). I didn't become much of a college fan until after the creation of the Big 12, so I can't speak to misgivings of what once was for Nebraska. But I have heard about real anger about not playing OU annually. Now you'll play them at bowl games (IE never). Shit happens I guess. I can't blame Nebraska for the move, I can't blame Colorado either. Again, I blame Mizzou for getting this talk started and couldnt be happier if they get totally screwed on this.

Already there's speculation that the PAC-16 could have 2 BCS bids each year. I think that is silly.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Gzette wrote:Already there's speculation that the PAC-16 could have 2 BCS bids each year. I think that is silly.
Yeah, I heard Tommy Tuberville mention this in an interview earlier today. I don't know if he's just parroting something he'd heard, or if he's the genesis for that daft idea, but two automatic bids would be a little crazy unless there's such a dramatic shift in conference alignments and after all the dust settles they have to give the new super conferences multiple automatics.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I'm actually hoping the big ten takes mizou and another along with nebraska to have two 7 team divisions. Odd numbers always seem better. That way its 6 division games, 2 across division, and 2 or 3 at large scheduled games. That would be great IMO. Nebraska absolutely fits the big ten, especially with Iowa getting better over the last decade...representing that midwest very well. for the third team, I would pray for Rutgers...need that NYC market for the big 10 to start competing with SEC with TV revenues.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Nebraska's decision to leave Big XII is based on academics largely. I have to respect that.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

This leaves Mizzou in a precarious spot if the Big-10 chooses not to expand beyond 12 teams at this point. If they can successfully twist the Irish's arm into joining them, then the door is open again for Mizzou, but without ND, the Big-10 might be looking to Syracuse, Rutgers or Maryland ahead of the Tigers. I think it will be side-splittingly funny if they get left out in the cold, personally.

BTW, any school or conference that ever hires Dan Beebe to work in any capacity deserves what they get. If that slug hadn't sat on his ass and waited for the world to collapse around him, things may have been very different. The Big-12 was the 2nd best conference in college football. I can't stand Craig James, but he said it very well in an interview yesterday: How is the big-12 not the "plucker" in this scenario. How are we being plucked by the likes of the Big-10 and Pac-10? It's shameful that the Big-12 is reduced to being the "pluckee." The answer to James' question is simple - Dan Beebe. He should have been forwarding a better, more attractive revenue sharing plan while proactively pursuing a Big-12 expansion. That guy should be kicked in the nuts repeatedly for this epic failure.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Kluden wrote:need that NYC market for the big 10 to start competing with SEC with TV revenues.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the Big 10 is already king of TV revenues. Every school in the Big 10 is projected to make about $20 million this year, just from the Big 10 (source). The success of the Big Ten Network is part of why all these conferences are re-aligning.

I had hoped we could snag Texas into the Big 10, unfortunately them being a package deal with a couple other schools looks like it's not going to happen.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Amen Xatrei. I was just asking myself that same question. How the hell does a shittier conference raid an obviously better one. Dan Beebe dragging his feet on a network television contract? I don't know. That's what made the PAC-10 ultra-proactive about this. They're renegotiating they're TV deal next year. PAC-10 + UT = mega $$.

To put that in perspective, a good friend of mine pointed out Texas TV markets. Here's a [ulr=http://www.tvb.org/rcentral/markettrack ... by_dma.asp]LINK[/url] to get an idea. UT sports dominates all major Texas markets. Including Dallas/FW, Houston, Austin and SA that's 6 million in change, a larger market than Los Angeles.

Also Chip Brown at orangebloods.com just said on ESPN that if the Big 12 could have held on to 11 teams, they would have voted to kick out Mizzou. Now that would have been funny.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Whoa: KC tv station reporting UT and Aggies to Big 10.

http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html

OU to SEC.

I hate to lose perennial vs. OU. Truthfully, I'd rather ditch ags and take OU to Big 10.

Ideally for me: OU, UT, Notre Dame and Neb to Big 10
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I want to see Texas in the PAC-Awesome. More revenue for the Oregon teams. The Denver market is a huge addition already. Too bad CU has not really been relevant since Brian Griese was the QB.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

A long time ago there was talk of Texas and Texas A&M joining the Pac 10 and I was all for it.

Any team getting into the new Pac xx should thank their lucky stars for getting into such a great conference. Colorado is so so...but the Texas schools should be a great addition.

Big 10 (11)..maybe will finally change their name to reflect the number of teams that are in the conference?.....NAH! T R A D I T I O N

like....

super quiet huge stadiums
high school type attaboy stickers on helmets
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

I'd say vice versa. PAC-10 should be fortunate to sign Texas. With USC utterly owned, they need a good football school now more than ever.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The commish of the SEC has been drunk dialing Texas A&M, GT, Miami, Clempsun, teh Criminoles, and Texas Tech to see who wants come join the Borg of college football. If we could score A&M, GT, Miami, and Clempsun, we could keep our East/West divisions, dump the rotating cross division game, keep the permanent "rivalry" x-div game, and STILL fit in two out of conference cupcakes for our early season sweet tooth.

The PAC-X is going to be the same piece of shit Texas-centric nightmare the Big 12 ended up after the first couple seasons. All this happening right as USC gets the NCAA anal probe is about the worst thing for the future of west coast football imaginable.

Notre Dame getting beaten to the punch taking up the Big-Twelven is just sad. They are so fucking far from relevance it's sad.

I just hope this causes the bullshit compromise that is the BCS to shatter and a new era of actual post-season competition emerges.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

masteen wrote:Thhe PAC-X is going to be the same piece of shit Texas-centric nightmare the Big 12 ended up after the first couple seasons. All this happening right as USC gets the NCAA anal probe is about the worst thing for the future of west coast football imaginable.
No offense to the Texas contingent here, but this summarizes why I hope UT and the rest of the Texas schools go to the Pac-??, and don't worm their way into a Big-10 deal. And just to be clear, I'm referring to off the field stuff. I don't begrudge UT for anything that was settled on the field (except maybe the CCG last year). NU was down for a while because of dumb decisions made by our previous AD and HFC. We made our bed, and had to sleep in the mess for a while.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

sportingnews.com has a good article on the shambling failburger that is Dan Beebe. It sums up very nicely the feelings about this slug that I mentioned in an earlier post.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-foo ... ous-produc
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Noob moment Xatrei, what does CCG stand for?

After seeing your thoughts and talking to other Nebraska fans, I'm beginning to understand the Nebraska acrimony towards UT and pro-Texas strong-arming. You're definitely right about the Big XII becoming the BIG Texas. From a UT alum's standpoint, I missed that. Living in Texas, the whole world revolves around this state as far as we are concerned, and some would say rightfully so. lalala

Nebraska is a prestigious and storied college program. I will miss them. For the Big 12, though utterly unlikely, I wish some cooler heads would prevail. No offense to NU fans, and total offense to Mizzou and CU fans, but the Big 12 could survive with some additions now that others are fleeing. I'm thinking TCU and maybe U Houston or Tulane. Reduction to 10 teams total wouldn't be terrible as long as TCU is involved. But yeah, not gonna happen. If it did, change the conference name to BIG TEXAS!

Texas is big.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Conference Championship Game.

If Beebe wasn't such a useless sloth, the Big 12 would have been keeping its member institutions happy and looking towards an expansion of our own, pursuing schools like Arkansas, TCU, Houston, Tulsa or even a Utah or Boise State (although the geography would complicate things with either of those last two). Instead he was too busy picking lint out of his navel while the world changed around him.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Badger Badger Badger...
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Canelek wrote:Too bad CU has not really been relevant since Brian Griese was the QB.
For Michigan?

Man, if the Big 10 could really pick off Texas and A&M and not have to take Baylor or Texas Tech, along with adding Nebraska, that'd be hella sweet!
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Good god. If Texas went to the Big 10 I don't think they'd ever lose a game. Considering how the rankings are slanted toward "old school" nostalgia, Texas would be the #1 team in the nation year after year if they went to teh Big 10(xx). :D

The Texas schools would get 20 million/year if they go to the Pac XX conference.

I know Texas Tech is seriously considering the SEC. It will be interesting to see what happens. It makes sense for the Texas schools to go to the Pac. Pac picked up Colorado in order to appease Baylor (rivalry).

Colorado also picks up the Denver market for the future Pac Channel ..along with Los Angeles, Phoenix, the Texas cities, etc...not bad.

It makes more sense for the SEC to pick up Kansas and Kansas St to make them powerhouses in both Football and Basketball.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Texas will never go to the Big Teen because they'd not receive the knob slobbering they crave. With traditional powers like Penn State, Meatchicken, and an Ohio State University, as well as a strong conference identity, existing revenue sharing, and a growing TV network, they'd be just another pretty girl at a big dance, instead of the belle of the barnyard.

And you'll never see a team leave the SEC. The money is already monstrous, and with expansion and a TV network of our own on the horizon, the cash train looks set to keep on rolling for years to come.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Sylvus wrote:
Canelek wrote:Too bad CU has not really been relevant since Brian Griese was the QB.
For Michigan?

Man, if the Big 10 could really pick off Texas and A&M and not have to take Baylor or Texas Tech, along with adding Nebraska, that'd be hella sweet!

Oh man, I am retarded. Sorry for getting Michigan and CU confused! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I think the SEC as a whole has the better tv deal, being that they are signed with ABC/ESPN...not needing their own network, that isn't even carried by every area. There are more teams to share the money with in the SEC so that's maybe what brings the per team down. I would love to know the actuals, not the reported amounts.

Big Ten is taking Nebraska because of academics and storied program (longest sell out streak in the history of NCAA I believe?). The Big Ten has always been an academic sports program. Its not perfect, obviously, none of the conferences are, and there are bad apples everywhere...but there are clearly more bad apples elsewhere. With that said, I don't see the big ten wanting other teams from the big 12. I thought Mizzou because of location, but their academics are not up to snuff. ND is a clear fit, but why would they make a smart decision about their future. In reality, they will never fail...in money...and if they scramble a no loss season together, they could be 1 of 20 teams with no losses, and they would be playing the title game.

I say the Big Ten does nothing now after getting Nebraska...and waits to see what ND wants to do. If ND can be wooed, look for the Big10 to go after Rutgers, IMO.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

KC Star reporting Nebraska officially accepts invitation to Big 10: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/11/20 ... g-ten.html

USC juniors and seniors can transfer without notice or penalty. http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/n ... id=5275644

As long as we're plucking schools, lets pluck some players!
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Canelek wrote:
Sylvus wrote:
For Michigan?

Oh man, I am retarded. Sorry for getting Michigan and CU confused! :D

It is easy to tell them apart....Colorado is the team that didn't lose to a Division 2 school.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

So if the Big 12 stays together as is, could they change their name to the BIG TEN?
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

no, because there wouldn't be 11 teams left
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Pac 10 has already stated that their name will be changing. Unlike the Big 10, they can count!

Officially they said the name should reflect the members of the conference so I anticipate "Pac" leaving the name altogether.

At least it won't be FudgePAC
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Boise State to Mountain West, I wonder if this is where a Kansas, Missouri, Baylor, big 12 team might end up.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

bah

Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State to the Pac10 with Texas A&M on the fence between Pac10 and SEC.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:bah

Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State to the Pac10 with Texas A&M on the fence between Pac10 and SEC.
We'll take Texas A&M if they agree to switch to female cheerleaders!

Woo, I can feel the Pac 10 love that's coming from Texas soon! If any of you Lonestar peeps need a rundown on how great the Pac 10 is, let me know and I'll give you a refresher!

ASU is presently the #1 seed in College Baseball and have swept all teams on their way to the Super Regional game. I know Texas is a great rivalry for ASU...should be even better playing against each other more in the same conference.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Sylvus wrote:
Kluden wrote:need that NYC market for the big 10 to start competing with SEC with TV revenues.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the Big 10 is already king of TV revenues. Every school in the Big 10 is projected to make about $20 million this year, just from the Big 10 (source). The success of the Big Ten Network is part of why all these conferences are re-aligning.

I had hoped we could snag Texas into the Big 10, unfortunately them being a package deal with a couple other schools looks like it's not going to happen.
I heard on the radio today that Indiana football took in more money this year than Notre Dame. That due mostly to the B10 Network.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Damn, that's hugely impressive if true, and could be a big motivator to get ND to move to a conference as well, especially if they are being out done TV revenue wise. The addition of ND would make the big10 the largest TV revenue conference for sure then...the sheer amount of spread across the country of the big10 graduates is scary in comparison to other schools.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Why on earth would the PAC-Awesome want the fucking Aggies??

Blech!
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The Big 10(xx) should add Appalachian State!
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

Winnow wrote:The Big 10(xx) should add Appalachian State!
Why don't you shut up until ASU becomes relevant in football again?
Sabek
Just Sabek
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Heheheheeeee.

Current PAC-10 is Duck & Beaver territory!
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sabek wrote:
Well at least you said football because....
ASU moves on past Super Regionals
(June 14th, 2010 @ 8:36am)

TEMPE, Ariz. - The Arizona State Sun Devils are headed back to the College World Series in back-to-back years for the first time since 1993-94.

They wrapped up the Super Regional with two 12 inning victories against the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The 52-8 Sun Devils will be making the schools 22nd trip to Omaha and their fourth time since 2005
Gooooo Deviiillllllsss!!1!
Josh Niska, 22, of Gilbert, who just graduated with a bachelor's degree in biochemistry from Arizona State University, has been named one of the nation's top 20 students by USA Today for what ASU called "an eye-popping record of achievement" that includes cancer research at the Translational Genomics Research Institute he's been doing since he was a student at Gilbert High School.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

ESPN is reporting Texas says no, so looks like Big 12 is now the Big 10. Pac 10 will add Utah and become Pac 12.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Tyek wrote:ESPN is reporting Texas says no, so looks like Big 12 is now the Big 10. Pac 10 will add Utah and become Pac 12.
That sucks for the Pac 10. Texas politicians got involved.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Hilarious--

The Big 12: 10 teams.
The Big 10: 12 teams.

Do you do something about the names?
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

CBS Sports wrote:A person with direct knowledge of discussions among the Big 12's remaining members said Texas is clear to set up its own TV network and keep all proceeds in exchange for remaining in the Big 12. The person spoke to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity because final details had not been worked out.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sabek wrote:
CBS Sports wrote:A person with direct knowledge of discussions among the Big 12's remaining members said Texas is clear to set up its own TV network and keep all proceeds in exchange for remaining in the Big 12. The person spoke to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity because final details had not been worked out.
That exclusive Irish deal with NBC worked out real well! The team has sucked ass ever since.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Winnow wrote:
Sabek wrote:
Well at least you said football because....

<a lot of irrelevant stuff deleted>
Yes, he DID say football...
- Ash
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Sueven wrote:Hilarious--

The Big 12: 10 teams.
The Big 10: 12 teams.

Do you do something about the names?
I concur. It's just plain odd and has been for a while. But now we're talking branding including a TV Channel. I'd be in favor of a name change that didn't include a number personally (a la SEC)
- Ash
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Ashur wrote:
Yes, he DID say football...
I said "at least" because this thread was about conference moves (entire schools) not just the football teams.

Gooooo Devils!