Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Survival of the Dead

Post by Canelek »

The original Dawn of the Dead remains one of my favorite movies. 'Night and 'Land were both excellent as well. 'Day was kinda meh, 'Diary was kinda awful.

So here we are again. Survival of the Dead has been out in EU for a while. Comcast was having one of those sneak preview type of things where you pay 9.99 to watch something that has not been released in the US.

I think this one is supposed to be a follow up to 'Diary. Something about an island, a family feud and something else that I vaguely remember. Anyway, it was pretty lame. I fear that Romero has lost a bit of momentum from the awesome Land of the Dead. Acting, script, effects, cinematography, direction...all pretty tired. It is as if George could not decide whether he wanted to create a pre-outbreak, outbreak or post-outbreak setting. He tried to steer towards the "zombies will eventually start thinking" theme he started with "Bub" from Day of the Dead.

It didn't work. Also, he tried to insert comedy here and there, so there was this endless transition of bleak to sappy to completely off-target humor.

Blech. Give this one a miss and hope Romero can recapture what made him great, because the genre has passed him by.

2/10 :(
en kærlighed småkager