Saboteur, The

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Saboteur, The

Post by Aslanna »

Decided to give this it's own topic since I actually got around to playing it.
miir wrote:
Animalor wrote:WalMart is setting The Saboteur for 19$ this weekend while supplies last. Picked it up and played it for about 45 minutes last night. I'm very pleasantly surprised. This is a great game up till now.
$20 is the current MSRP.
I picked it up for full price and enjoyed it immensely.
I put 30+ hours into it.

Shooting down zeppelins is a hoot.
I'm not really sure why this game got some of the reviews it did unless one really doesn't like open-world type games. Honestly I thought it was pretty fun and definitely worth $18. The control for climbing buildings was pretty shitty and fucking frustrating most of the time and the missions had an annoying trend of having you start at one location then sending you half way across the map every...single..time. And you seem to spend half your time running away trying to get rid of the Alert levels. Oh and the AI is a bit dodgy. While that does sound like a lot of complaining overall I liked it more than I disliked it. It would have been nice to actually be able to hijack the Zeppelins and fly around though.

8/10. It would have been a 8.5 or maybe even 9 but it seemed a bit buggy at times. Sort of like it was unfinished because EA wanted to release it and fire Pandemic.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Saboteur, The

Post by miir »

Yea, it's not without it flaws but there's a lot of fun to be had.

That and boobs.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I am LOVING this game. It was on my radar at the full price but the holiday season made me pass on it then.

I'm getting 60$ worth of personal value out of a 20$ game.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Those terror guard guys frighten the heck out of me!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I'll be keeping an eye out for this thanks to your reviews.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Finished the story last night. Great great game.
I also only discovered the Midnight show section of the Belle after finishing the game. That was fun stuff.

I'm now going to undertake the task of completing this one. I really enjoy stealthing around and blowing shit up so this one is going to give me a LOT of bang for my buck (so to speak).
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I finished as well along with getting the platinum trophy! I definitely think they went overboard on the freeplay requirements for the trophy. It should have really been half that and leave the rest for those completionists out there. Even then 1300+ seemed like less a chore than what Just Cause 2 made you do, especially if you knock a bunch out while doing the main missions, so I think overall I probably enjoyed this more than JC2. And it was cheaper! Other than my main complaint of the climbing mechanic (which really fucking sucks) I don't really have anything bad to say about this game but I could see how it might not be everyone's cup o tea.

Viper SMG and silenced pistol definitely key to not having the alarm go off every time!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Grabbed it for 9.99$. I'll get to it eventually!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Such a shameless hybrid ripoff of GTA and AC, but I love it. The setting is really fun and the story serves it's purpose well enough so far. I stopped after I boned that chick in the flashback sequence, but it was hard to put down.

I really like the vibrant colors. The game seems to pop out at you, much like Enslaved. Very lush and beautiful.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Such a shameless hybrid ripoff of GTA and AC, but I love it.
Pandemic had been making open-world sandbox games since 2004... Not quite sure how you could call it a shameless hybrid ripoff.

I was sad when Pandemic was swallowed up by EA :(
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I've been wanting to play this game for awhile. Finally downloaded it from Amazon for $5.97 tonight. This is really a lot of fun.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.