XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Cocktails!

Post by Canelek »

Post your cocktails here.

Tuaca Sidecar

1.5 oz Brandy
1 oz Tuaca
1 oz Triple Sec
1 oz Fresh Sweet & Sour (Going to substitute this tonight with muddled orange and lemon)

yum!
en kærlighed småkager
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Re: Cocktails!

Post by Tyek »

Sounds good, Love Tuaca.

I am waiting for it to get warm. Spaghetti Factory has a drink called an Italian Chocolate Truffle. It tastes like a chocolate milkshake, has Tuaca in it and I can't wait to have one while I lie in the beach area of my pool on a hot summer afternoon. Been trying to figure out the exact combo. I know it has Tuaca, Creme de Cocao, milk, baileys (I think) and something else. I need to figure it out.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Anejo Highball

1 1/2 oz Anejo Rum (anejo means "old"--I suppose you can use any mellow rum though)
1/2 oz Orange Curaçao (can sub triple sec (weak) or Grand Marnier (stronger))
1/4 oz Fresh Lime
2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Ginger Beer (I used Ginger Ale, since I could not find Ginger Beer. Apparently, ginger beer has a stronger ginger taste)

Fill highball glass with ice. Add booze, lime and bitters. Fill rest with ginger beer. Garnish with orange wheel.
en kærlighed småkager
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Ginger beer is much more gingery. You might be able to find some in your grocery's "international" aisle, with the hispanic sodas and whatnot. Alternately, if you've got a high-end soda section, where you can get IBC and Virgil's and shit like that, there might be some ginger beer there.

Dawa: Crush half a lime with some honey in the bottom of a highball glass. Fill with crushed ice, then fill with vodka, then stir.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Was able to find some Ginger Beer. Big taste difference! The stuff I got was from Jamaica and had some pineapple in it, but the ginger was definately more prevalent, which is nice.

---

Sidecar

2oz Brandy or Cognac
1oz Contreau or Triple Sec
1oz Fresh Lemon Juice

Add to shaker half filled with ice, shake & strain into cocktail glass garnished with lemon and orange wheels.
en kærlighed småkager
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Small Screen Network is a small production company that my brother started a few years back. All of our content is free and is dedicated to cocktail mixology and cooking with spirits:

The Cocktail Spirit- A straight up cooking show for classic cocktails, with history and general tips.

Raising The Bar- A show about cocktail techniques and tools- from basic mixing to molecular mixology(fire, foam, dry ice, etc).

Inside The Kitchen Door- The host chef creates a main course around a particular spirit and creates a cocktail to be paired with it. The dishes are pretty advanced(goey duck ceviche, anyone?), but it's fun and inspiring to watch what he does.

Inspired Sips-The host travels to different distilleries, bars, restaurants, etc.

Anyway, I know it's a shameless ad, but the content has a ton of information relative to this thread. All of the shows and the company itself are evolving as we go, so any feedback is welcome.

P.S. We're now working on a show dedicated to cheese, beer, and wine. Mmmm.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Awesome! I'll be sure to check it out (when not at work). Mixology is becoming quite the lost art (has become?). It is stunning how many bars sloppily serve busted-ass drinks. Then again, the clientele often orders simplistic well drinks while completely ignoring the vast array of awesome concoctions.

Granted, I don't really visit many "fancy bars". Then again, I may go to an actual bar maybe 2-3 times a month. However, like any establishment, certain standards should apply!
en kærlighed småkager
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Am I the only one who hates hates HATES the expression "mixology" ? Pretentiousgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Well, the term is fine, as long as you are wearing any of the following:

1. Ascot
2. Bowtie
3. Bowler
4. Pocketwatch
5. Derby
6. Snooty Expression

Dunno, it doesn't bother me, but then again, I just said it out loud and it did seem rather retarded.

How about... MAKINGBOOZEDRINKSZOMG!
en kærlighed småkager
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

I agree that mixology sounds retarded. The term's been around since at least the 1950's though, so it's pretty much here to stay.

Also, 'bar tending' has been way dumb-down... lots of licensed bartenders think Margarita Mix + Tequila or Vodka + Redbull= cocktail.

And 'Cocktailing' sounds like a guide to chasing after men.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Make mine a whiskey on the rocks, thanks.

Preferably Basil Hayden or Blanton's
Fuck Michigan!