Something I never expected to do - training Russians

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Something I never expected to do - training Russians

Post by Aabidano »

I spent this morning training folks in Moscow how to use a product I make. Didn't occur to me until after I was done what a huge shift that is from just 10 years ago when it was illegal to sell them a lot of the products we now make a nice profit on.

They've regulations just like the US does as far as who can work on parts of their telecommunications networks. I can supply the tools, but Russians have to do the work due to privacy concerns. The reverse is true in many cases as well as far as non-nationals working on US based stuff. The EU is very restrictive concerning "who can do what" due to privacy concerns.

On the same topic, India has barred their carriers from using products made by <Chinese telecommunications Co> due to concerns about "extra" code inside them.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Something I never expected to do - training Russians

Post by Aslanna »

I hope the Russians love their children too.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Nope, they make them get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before they go to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when they get home, their Dads kill them and dance about on their graves singing "Hallelujah." (taken form the four Yorkshiremen sketch)
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Arrrgh, a communist sympathizer....shoot him :lol:
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I always knew you were a pinko. I shoulda turned you into the loyalty review board when I had the chance.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Aabidano wrote:Nope, they make them get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before they go to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when they get home, their Dads kill them and dance about on their graves singing "Hallelujah." (taken form the four Yorkshiremen sketch)
Try to tell this to the kids today and they won't believe you. :)
Sabek
Just Sabek