Question about usenet services

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Question about usenet services

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I currently have Newsleecher and Giganews. I was curious if there was a benefit of having another service, such as Astraweb. Would Astraweb just have the same results as Giganews, or does it pull it's info from different sources?

For example, if I do a music search in Newsleecher while logged into the Giganews server and get no results, would the same thing happen if I logged onto an Astraweb server and did the same search? If I did get a result in one, would the other have the exact same results and files (other than retention times, of course)?

I'm kind of hitting a brick wall trying to find an answer with google. Any help/clarification would be appreciated!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Question about usenet services

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I currently have Newsleecher and Giganews. I was curious if there was a benefit of having another service, such as Astraweb. Would Astraweb just have the same results as Giganews, or does it pull it's info from different sources?

For example, if I do a music search in Newsleecher while logged into the Giganews server and get no results, would the same thing happen if I logged onto an Astraweb server and did the same search? If I did get a result in one, would the other have the exact same results and files (other than retention times, of course)?

I'm kind of hitting a brick wall trying to find an answer with google. Any help/clarification would be appreciated!
When you do SuperSearch you are not going against your Usenet server.. You are going against the SuperSearch server. The results should be the same whoever your news provider happens to be. Now whether or not you can retrieve from the results you've gotten is another story.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--