WoW Discussion
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Ways to make heroics less monotonous

Post by Funkmasterr »

I hate having to do heroic for my frost every day. It's boring. So, I'm going to experiment tonight... I'm going to queue as tank, and tank whatever I get in cat form in my dps gear.

Sad thing is, if the healer isn't horribly under geared it will probably go well. I'll report back.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Ways to make heroics less monotonous

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Sounds like a great way to piss off a PuG to me. Also, you won't be able to hold aggro as a cat unless everyone holds off on thier dps, which is lame and counter productive to say the least. Tanking as a bear in your cat dps gear is a whole other story. Pretty much anyone should have no problems keeping you alive in a Heroic.

Heroics were so painful for me, I quit playing WoW. I mixed it up by doing all druid groups for every Heroic. That was pretty fun. A bear, 2 cats, a moonkin, and a tree is a hell of a good group.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Sounds like a great way to piss off a PuG to me. Also, you won't be able to hold aggro as a cat unless everyone holds off on thier dps, which is lame and counter productive to say the least. Tanking as a bear in your cat dps gear is a whole other story. Pretty much anyone should have no problems keeping you alive in a Heroic.

Heroics were so painful for me, I quit playing WoW. I mixed it up by doing all druid groups for every Heroic. That was pretty fun. A bear, 2 cats, a moonkin, and a tree is a hell of a good group.
I could care less about pissing anyone off :)

I dunno, to be honest I am pretty confident I can pull it off unless there is a mage that is doing high AOE dps in the group.

Tanking as bear in dps gear isn't any fun :( I still out dps everyone in damn near every group I get and never even worry about dying.

I wish at the least it would put you in a group with similarly geared players, I wouldn't mind waiting longer for that. More often than not I out gear the people in my group by a huge margin, and having to hold back dps to not pull aggro off the tank with a 3k gs makes things even more boring.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Get really crazy and change to moonkin for awhile!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Get really crazy and change to moonkin for awhile!
Haha! Ninja-change specs right before a boss pull and hit tree form and run in. Would be totally worth it just to watch people flip their lids before they drop group. :lol:
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

hahaha that should freak them out a bit. Wait until you have 4-5 characters that you want to get frost badges. I have one that gets badges solely for the primordial saronite. I haven't had need to spend any yet but I have enough to buy 5 right now.

Some of my alts just need the triumph badges to get the gear.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Frost badge random rewards are high on my list of shit I despise about this expansion. But at least Blizzard stated that it was a terrible idea, and that they wouldn't do it again.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte