Halo Reach Multiplayer Trailer

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Halo Reach Multiplayer Trailer

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Haha, Funk gave in to the hype!
Yeah, yeah :)

A few friends and I have played through the first 6 missions on legendary, it's been pretty fun! I like the arena too, we played a bunch of games there and got ranked around 1500 I think, we only lost one game and that one was really rough.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Finished the game on Legendary. Working through the campaign on Legendary in solo now.. Shit is dick-punching hard. Thankfully Noble team is invulnerable and soak up a shitload of the enemy fire.

It's a challenge that's for sure.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Animalor wrote:Finished the game on Legendary. Working through the campaign on Legendary in solo now.. Shit is dick-punching hard. Thankfully Noble team is invulnerable and soak up a shitload of the enemy fire.

It's a challenge that's for sure.
I'm far from a FPS wiz and I just can't imagine how hard Reach is on Legendary.. kudos for you if you can do it.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Some clarification - I went through the game on Legendary in co-op. Thankfully there's a LOT of checkpoints in the game. It helps a ton.

I thought I'd be smart and play nightfall from the 3rd section instead and get completion credit but the game didn't give it to me. Hopefully it saves that I've been through that part and I get credit when I do the first two.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I'm trying solo legendary right now, and it is rough as fuck. Reach on legendary is like being kicked in the nuts by the six million dollar man.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Dregor Thule wrote:I'm trying solo legendary right now, and it is rough as fuck. Reach on legendary is like being kicked in the nuts by the six million dollar man.
This is my current goal as well. On Nightfall now. I'm dreading Tip of the Spear.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

I spent almost 4 hours on Nightfall, but that included time spent bashing my head against the wall. Was really annoying because towards the end Jun got stuck down in a canyon and so I didn't have him helping draw fire.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

What I ended up doing on that one was sniping the users of the first turret and leaving it intact and killing the rest. Destroying the 2nd turret with the sniper rifle (4 shots will do it). Pegging the jet-pack elites ling range with the handgun (was out of sniper rounds) and noob-comboed the elites. (plasma handgun charged up will completely kill their shields, switch to the combat rifle to finish them off).

That canyon was a complete bitch on solo to be sure. I got through it and then realised that just doing the last part of the campaign didn't give you completion credit. I'm hoping I can get to the base prior to that and I won't have to re-do the canyon.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

A tip - When playing Legendary on Solo, TURN OFF SCORING..

With Scoring on, you're effectvely playing the multi-player co-op version of Legendary difficulty. With more baddies and all. I just went through Nightfall without scoring on after accidentally erasing all my progress with it on and finished it in about an hour and with a LOT less difficulty.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

That.. that is interesting. I'll have to look into that, and potentially cry.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I'm digging the fact that as of this post, Dregor's last 4 game played are Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo: Reach, and Halo: Waypoint :)

Personally, I'm thinking about firing up Halo Wars in the near future and finishing that off. Waypoint is a good excuse!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Halo Wars was fucking terrible.

Just finished campaign on heroic last night.. Man there were 3 or 4 times in the last mission where I was thinking "How in the FUCK am I going to do this on legendary solo?". I guess we'll see, :lol:
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I like Halo Wars! It's the best console RTS I have played (only played 4-5 though). You can tell it was designed from the ground up to be controller friendly.

The cut scenes are great too!
Man there were 3 or 4 times in the last mission where I was thinking "How in the FUCK am I going to do this on legendary solo?"
Amen. I was thinking the exact same thing, and I played it on regular! My Heroic play through will be co-op with a friend in a couple of weeks. He made me promise to wait for him :P
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Got through Tip of the Spear last night on Solo. There was some aggravation to be had for sure.

I'm partly through the 5th one now.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Solo Legendary - 2 Chapters to go.

I really want to get ODST and Halo 3 to do both these on Legendary now too....
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm going to give it a shot on Reach eventually. The campaigns in ODST and 3 were much easier IMO. Plus, ODST fucking sucked.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Funkmasterr wrote:I'm going to give it a shot on Reach eventually. The campaigns in ODST and 3 were much easier IMO. Plus, ODST fucking sucked.
I really liked ODST for the time I played it. The last section or 2 of the campaign blew but the rest was adequate.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:I'm going to give it a shot on Reach eventually. The campaigns in ODST and 3 were much easier IMO. Plus, ODST fucking sucked.
I really liked ODST for the time I played it. The last section or 2 of the campaign blew but the rest was adequate.
Really? I couldn't get past the first mission without falling asleep.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

ODST was definitely an inferior game compared to 3 and Reach. I think it was mostly the writing. Alternating between viewpoints in flashbacks and some weird Yanni-soundtracked present sections? I wish FPS games would stop switching up who you're playing as. I hated it in MW2, and didn't like it in ODST either. Still, gotta catch all them achievements!

Reach is on hold atm, Civ5 is consuming my body and soul.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Doing the whole solo legendary thing now too. Just finished Nightfall, and it didn't end up being that bad. I actually got sick of dying at the part where the two hunters come while you are waiting for dude to plant the bomb.. I just hid for like 10 minutes and it was over, the enemies all just went away haha. Then the valley was easier than I was expecting cause the gates back to the prior area didn't close, so I kept going back to get more ammo/different weapons so that I never had to deal with any close combat.

I just got past the first checkpoint on tip of the spear, and when I realized I was at the part where you have to disable the AA canon, I just froze up and realized what was about to happen. I think I'm going to go have two or three more drinks in short succession before I try to mess with this.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I finished the campaign on Legendary friday night. The last section of the game is definately a worthy challenge. I expected the Package mission to be a lot harder than it actually was. This achievement will probably stand out as being the one I have that was the most hard-earned.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

I don't think I can do this. I'm at the mission where you've landed your spaceship on the corvette and are dropping through that shield into the ship itself, and good lord, I just get absolutely wrecked instantly. I've tried like 30 times to make some headway and nadda. I'm just not proficient enough with the precision shooting with the controllers. I watched a couple videos and these assholes make it look so easy to instantly zero in on the heads and drop the brutes in 2-3 shots, but I take like 10.

I'm getting old.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

That was the hardest part for me too. I ended up dropping to the bottom and backing up into a small hallway where they couldn't get behind me.

I was inching out of cover and picking em off one by one.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Well, finally got it. I couldn't get it set up so that I could snipe them, they kept charging me. Ended up being liberal use of melee, bubble shield, and a hell of a lot of luck that got me past that part. Then got through to the end with the 4 white armored brutes, and that was a die fest for awhile as well. But got it, fuck you halo!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I had a lot of trouble with that part, too. Particularly the last wave of enemies before you are done. I ended up grabbing the grenade launcher, tossing it down the hallway and picking up the big rocket/grenade launcher thing that launches the blue sticky grenades. I used that to kill like 3 of them then used the lesser grenade launcher to finish them off. I would guess that part took me around 3 hours to finish.. I was beginning to think I might give up.

I'm seriously not looking forward to the last mission, I'm not sure how the fuck I'm going to pull it off... I even had a trouble with it on heroic.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

The last mission is rendered a bit easier by the fact that the house where your equipment is stored has shutters on all the doors that close after a few seconds and baddies can't open them. It's a little haven of safety. The Bubble Shield is a must too.

I was really afraid of the last portion of The Package mission but that one turned out to be a lot easier than anticipated. The fact that I finally realised they had mongooses parked outside the base that I could use to re-arm the turrets helped a lot.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Firefight is really fun. It's tough on normal difficulty with two people. Killpocalypse!

Online, my strategy is close range double bashing with sprint. Sneak up and sprint at them with the first bash then close the gap with another sprint and walk away with shield and clip to spare. If I get the sword or shotgun, you might as well give up.

FUCK the needler rifle.

The best part of the game is the level editor. I whittle away hours crafting spherical combat racing arenas and 20 story ghost launch ramps.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Finally. Beat. It. Damn it feels good to have that done. Just a few more achievements to go, grinding out ranks being the toughest. Will probably also try and finish a level on Legendary without dying for the avatar award.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:The last mission is rendered a bit easier by the fact that the house where your equipment is stored has shutters on all the doors that close after a few seconds and baddies can't open them. It's a little haven of safety. The Bubble Shield is a must too.

I was really afraid of the last portion of The Package mission but that one turned out to be a lot easier than anticipated. The fact that I finally realised they had mongooses parked outside the base that I could use to re-arm the turrets helped a lot.
I just jet packed up and hijacked a banshee for the package part, it was so easy I almost felt bad for doing it. I'm at the checkpoint right now on the last mission with the building with shutters, it's making me very, very, very angry.

P.S. I see you playing multiplayer a fair bit. I have two other guys that I play with fairly regularly, sometimes we have a fourth but not most of the time, so if you ever want to join up let me know :)
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Sure thing. I've been working my way through the ranks in order to get the full 1000/1000.

I've finally gotten out of the Warrent Officer hell and things have started moving quickly again.
Capt R2 right now.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I saw you were getting up there. I'm almost warrant officer grade 3 now, so just a little ways to go!

Beat the campaign last night! :D For info purposes for anyone else that might put themselves through this; the part towards the end of the last level where you have to fight two hunters, you can shot the glass out of the window next to the door you have to go in and bypass them. I found half a dozen spots like this in the game where I could bypass some of the really shitty parts :)
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Yeah, I'm in WO 3rd grade atm, it's been a bit of a slog!

New map pack coming in November with 250 gamerscore. Guessing there'll be a new top rank to get.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Anything after Lt. Colonel ramps up exponentially as far as credits to reach those ranks.

Bungie blogged that 70% of the player base was in the WO rank group but that things get back to normal speed after that. The experience of going through those was kinda like old school EQ "Hell Levels".
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Rank_%28Halo:_Reach%29

Yeah, the ranks go quite a ways. The amount of exp to hit those tops ranks is absurd.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

That's a whole lot of fucking credits.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

1/4 of the way through Major Grade 3.. Just a couple more nights and I'll have 1000 points for this one :D

It's cool that Bungie has been spending a lot of time stopping people from doing the Challenge glitch to rank up fast, but I wish they would spend more time figuring out how to combat standby mode, aimbot, etc. It's so fucking obvious, and really frustrating. The standby thing isn't exclusive to Halo, either, it's something game developers need to figure out how to deal with in general.