WoW Discussion
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

ICC

Post by Funkmasterr »

How many of you guys are raiding here, how far have you got, and have you got any lootz you wanted bad?

Did a 25 man pug last week and got up to Saurfang before chain wiping and giving up, then joined a guild finally and we did our first ten man (we had three groups going) last night, all three groups got up to saurfang before turning in for the night. My group got the ice giant weekly and we wiped to him a handful of times.. I'm not sure why people seem to have such trouble with that fight, it's really not that tough.

Hoping to pick back up and kick Saurfang's ass tonight, and push through to the next wing :D Not too bad for a guild that formed less than a week ago!

I got a cloak in the 25 man the other night, I think it dropped from gunship battle.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: ICC

Post by Sargeras »

My guild imploded on Sunday, but before that we had heroic Saurfang at 9%.

It'll take us a few weeks to rebuild, but when we do we'll go headstrong into the rest of the hard modes.
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Imploding guilds are the bomb, yo.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

My guild imploded a week ago :(
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

My WoW guild is still going strong. It formed about 6 months after release. They raid 3 nights a week and do all the top tier content. It's the best guild I have ever been a part of. I think a lot of it is due to a strict 18+ age requirement. I would say the average age is mid 30's. Everyone has jobs, kids, ect. We have quite a few women and couples as well. No drama at all. Ever. It's the only guild that I've ever been involved with in WoW.

I actually miss them. It's an awesome feeling to log on after 6 months of absence and have 20+ people tell you that you were missed and they all want to help you get back to top tier content asap.

I'm waiting on the expansion though. My best friend and I will be welcomed back with open arms.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Nice, still have a ways to go before the hard modes here :D

We got to Festergut last night in our 10 man and the tanks couldn't seem to get the handoff right so we wiped a few times before giving up.

I think the worldwide first heroic 25 man Lich King kill was last night.. People sure don't waste any time!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Fairweather Pure wrote: I would say the average age is mid 30's. Everyone has jobs, kids, ect. We have quite a few women and couples as well. No drama at all. Ever. It's the only guild that I've ever been involved with in WoW.
Sounds exactly like our EQ2 guild!
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

We have a 10 man group in ICC right now and we are working on the guy after Festergut. We can almost one shot all the way through now. Occasional odd problem will popup and cause a wipe. We are hoping to get a second 10 man going in there but they need a bit more experience and gear first.

We do Thursday's and Monday's for our ICC run.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

We're working on Arthas atm, in p2 and having issues with the second valkyr wave. Spent about 1.5 nights working on him thus far.

I like the zone, but I still think Ulduar will end up being my favorite this expansion, which isn't saying much because TOC sucked ass and Naxx was a loot pinata. Yogg was a much better designed fight than LK, and Ulduar overall had more memorable fights, especially on hardmode. Granted this is from the perspective of someone who hasn't actually done the HMs yet, but there's already a guild 7/12 on them so far on Medivh, and they downed LK two weeks ago. Compared to Ulduar where that same guild was lucky to get a new hardmode each week. I don't see ICC having the longevity that Ulduar did. Fights like Firefighter kept you working on them for weeks, while I simply can't see that being the case here, especially with the increasing zonewide buff.

But we'll start working on HMs on 10 this week so I suppose I'll see how that goes before I fully pass judgment. Still though, ICC is a pretty cool zone, I just don't see how it's going to stay entertaining until Cataclysm launch. I smell a lot of burnout inc.

As for gear, my paladin would be wearing 85% mail gear if I wasn't going for the 4 piece. Thanks Blizzard!
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte