Mass Effect 2

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Siji »

The demo for Dante's Inferno was hella boring. It's got b00bs, but that's not worth $50.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I heard the game is only like 9-10 hours long as well.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

These are my two ME2-characters.

The girl is a Paragon and the dude i tried to make a spitting image of myself, he's a Renegade

EarthBorn Vanguard, War Hero and Paragon
Natalya Shepard

Miranda wonders why Grunt is looking at Natty

Earthborn Sentinel, Ruthless and Renegade
Kwon Shepard

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Siji wrote:The demo for Dante's Inferno was hella boring. It's got b00bs, but that's not worth $50.
If one has a PS3 just wait for God of War 3. If, however, one only has a 360 then yeah... Dante's Inferno is about as close as you'll get. I played the demo and it wasn't really my sort of game so I'll pass. I'd say it's a rental, at best.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:
Earthborn Sentinel, Ruthless and Renegade
Kwon Shepard

That's cool Kwon, but where are the sunglasses?

Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Aslanna wrote:
Siji wrote:The demo for Dante's Inferno was hella boring. It's got b00bs, but that's not worth $50.
If one has a PS3 just wait for God of War 3. If, however, one only has a 360 then yeah... Dante's Inferno is about as close as you'll get. I played the demo and it wasn't really my sort of game so I'll pass. I'd say it's a rental, at best.
Not worth the $1.50 to burn it, let alone the $8 to rent it.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

For everyone who enjoy scanning planets for them minerals

Those Minerals <---
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote: Image
haha, it DOES look like you. Funny stuff.

Also, this game is rad.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I tried to make it look like me (with the options the ME2 customization had!) :D

ImageImage

Hoping ME3 will have more customization options!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Insane Difficulty with a Sentinel(Tech/Biotic) is HARD...

Just got past Horizon last night
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xouqoa »

Animalor wrote:Insane Difficulty with a Sentinel(Tech/Biotic) is HARD...

Just got past Horizon last night
Yeah, I'm thinking my second playthrough will be on Insanity level with an Infiltrator or Soldier... not sure which. I did an Adept this time, on normal, and it is pretty easy.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

The main story is such a big part for me in these games, I don't really understand how you can play through them multiple times - there aren't *that* many different plotlines you can follow.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well i started my 1st with Femshep and didnt have any Romatic encounters, for 2nd, im going to try for some o them Romantic encounters, adding something new beside a totally new difficulty (Geth Pulse Rifle here i come!) as well as Renegade instead of Paragon :)
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Adept with maxed warp and any crowd control power maxed is fairly easy on insane, until the last boss.

Infiltrator with max warp ammo and suped up stealth with the Geth Rifle is beyond retardedly easy. Last boss took me exactly 8 shots.

The other classes have it rough. Basically any power other than warp is highly situational.

Basically, Horizon is the hardest part of the game on Insane. Its the first Double Scion fight and there is nowhere to duck the rush of husks while it is going on. Then the big mech thing hits you when you are low on ammo. Again, the infiltrator, by that point, should have high enough incinerate and warp ammo to make it a non-factor, while the adept can just chain crowd control the husks, but anyone else is going to have a really hard time of it, especially any tech oriented class.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Horizon using the Sentinel against the 2 scions was harsh. I ran around and used Throw against the husks and avoided the blasts from the scions. Once the husks were dead, I plugged away at the scions very very slowly.

It was a hard fought battle.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Horizon on insanity can die a glorious fucking death.

And Jice, I am an adept playing through insanity after already beating it once. I am mainly going back to pick up a few achievements I somehow missed the first time around. But my question is how hard is the last boss? On hardcore, which I played the first time, I wasn't even hit once until that one collector spawned and took me by surprise, and that was it. My main problem with the suicide mission was that last boss. I was completely enthralled with the last mission but was left pretty ripped off with the last fight.
Fuck Michigan!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

USe the Cain on the last Boss :D
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:USe the Cain on the last Boss :D
I'm a goddamn dumbass and couldn't figure out that I had to hold down the button to fire the Cain. I just assumed I didn't have enough ammo yet. So I carried it with me for the last 3rd of the game trying to get the achievement. I figured it out at the last second on the last boss, and finished him off with my first Cain shot of the game. That was a satisfying achievement.

I think I'll pass on an Insanity playthrough. The husk/scion zerg rushes on my Infiltrator sucked bad enough on Normal.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xouqoa »

Niffoni wrote:I think I'll pass on an Insanity playthrough. The husk/scion zerg rushes on my Infiltrator sucked bad enough on Normal.
Husk rushes are easily countered with Shockwave, if you have it.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

I never bothered with the Cain, honestly. The flamer was better for cleaning hall trash out when long distance sniping with the rifle or powers was not an option. The last guy really comes down to if you can bean him in the eyes or not with the particle gun or the sniper rifle. With an infiltrator maxed in stealth and warp ammo, its easy to aim thanks to the slow down zoom and eight shots is all it takes to end the fight.

The combat in this game is so radically different than the first, mostly due to the global cooldown. The real change in insanity is that you have to give orders to the allies and manually use their crowd control powers (namely, shockwave and AE Slam) if you are not an infiltrator or adept. As an adept, all I literally did 99% of the time was crowd control shit while Grunt and Legion raped the shit out of it. As an infiltrator, I used the allies as distraction while I one shotted everything out there. It was hard to the point of unfun with other classes.

And the reason Horizon is so hard is that (assuming first playthrough) you don't have all the powers capped going into the fight and you are getting mauled by husks in a confined space while the twin scions AE WTFPWN you. Order your pals to opposite parts of the area and run around like a raped ape until the husks are dealt with is the best tactic I could come up with. Unless you are an adept, of course, then you chain AE CC the husks in addition to the above mentioned kiting tactic. After Horizon, you pretty much have the flamer in those situations and nothing can stand up to it at close range, so the husks cease to be an issue.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Just completed my insane playthrough of ME2. They were right. That was completely insane. The final boss was incredibly hard to beat with wave after wave of collectors as well as harbinger coming at you as well.

My tactic became to bring him down until about 1/4 of his hp was left and then finished him off with Cain.

I must've attempted it at least 30 times.

Anyhow though. Updated the completed games list, ME2 100% completed (at least until DLC comes out.)
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xouqoa »

Animalor wrote:Just completed my insane playthrough of ME2. They were right. That was completely insane. The final boss was incredibly hard to beat with wave after wave of collectors as well as harbinger coming at you as well.

My tactic became to bring him down until about 1/4 of his hp was left and then finished him off with Cain.

I must've attempted it at least 30 times.

Anyhow though. Updated the completed games list, ME2 100% completed (at least until DLC comes out.)
I just finished it on insanity, too. Last guy wasn't too bad for me as a Vanguard. I brought Miranda and Thane for their warp ability, and I was able to take down Harbinger without too much trouble each time he showed up. I did have to do a lot of moving around, and I almost ran out of ammo. I had to finish the Reaper off with my heavy pistol since my SMG was out of ammo.

The first part of Insanity was quite challenging. Once I hit about level 20 and learned how to stack Geth Shield Boost with Charge, it was pretty easy. The husks on the derelict reaper were pretty tough since there were so many of them.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

ME2 coming to PS3...
The official reveal of Mass Effect 2 on PlayStation 3 comes after this morning's appearance of an Amazon listing for just that. The retailer's January 31 date matches with the official "January 2011" timeline given at the presentation. According to an EA press release, the PS3 version will include "hours of bonus content." (DLC, perhaps?) BioWare's Dr. Ray Muzyka classified the announcement as "friggin' awesome," and we're inclined to agree.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I guess this is good news for the PS3 purists that don't own a PC or a 360 and don't mind getting into a story in the middle a year after the game was first released.

I means if they're going to do this, do it right. Port the first one over too and put everything on the Oh So expansive BR disks. Then put out the whole kit for 40$.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

So I liked ME2 so much I downloaded the first game. The Mako sucks, the combat feels a little clunky, and the classes play a bit differently. I'm just looking to have a couple saves with different decisions on the council and romance choice, so I'm not going to play it all the way through, just enough to get to level 50 and 50% renegade and paragon for max import value
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

ME3 Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-1 ... ect/708363

Graphics look good. Hard to say about plot so far.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Its a year away...enough time to get another playthru of 1 and 2 done...
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Just looked and saw that Red Dead won game of the year over this, what a load of craaaap!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:Just looked and saw that Red Dead won game of the year over this, what a load of craaaap!
yeah, that is bullshit. Red Dead is a great game but ME2 clearly was the best complete game.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I'm ok with any smite against EA.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Aslanna wrote:ME2 coming to PS3...
And unsurprisingly, the PS3 version is of lesser quality than the 360 version..

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/23/digit ... icroscope/

Digital Foundry has placed its exacting eye upon Mass Effect 2's PlayStation 3 incarnation, addressing the big talk from both BioWare and Sony about the game utilizing the Mass Effect 3 engine and ultimately being the "definitive" version. DF's takeaway was that the PS3 version, as far as the PSN demo is concerned, turned out to be "different as opposed to definitive."

Directly comparing the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, DF found the former to be a "a curious mixture of improvements, downgrades and swapped out effects." To give you an idea of how minor some differences are, however, the hexagon pattern on Miranda Lawson's comes out as looking "flat." There's also discussion of shadows looking more realistic, and biotic effects being of lower fidelity.

Also, the PS3 version's framerate appears to be unlocked, which lets the game breathe a little when it can, but DF noted that "tearing is much more apparent in the new game - both in-game and in the cut-scenes." So, perhaps the PS3 version isn't quite definitive, but we're not hearing anything you could still use as an excuse to skip Mass Effect 2 next month.
If you've only got a PS3 I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you have both, there's no reason to get it on PS3 versus 360 (as usual..)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I see no surprise
PS3 sucks ass balls weeee
xbox rules them all
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:I see no surprise
PS3 sucks ass balls weeee
xbox rules them all
The game looks best on PC.

That is all.
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

^
|
|
|
|

THIS

on my 3rd playthrough
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

If you have the choice between console or PC always go PC. In addition to the graphics thing there's also stuff like keyboard/mouse which is, as we all know, the superior way to interface with a game.

--
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

But.. but.. PC doesn't have Xbox achievements!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I prefer ME2 on the 360. I like the 360 controller for the game. I have ME2 still installed on my PC but never played it except to check out the graphics. 360 controller is more comfortable playing while kicking back in a chair.

Due to the PS3's horrible controller, I'd go PC next.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Too bad Microsoft doesn't make controllers for the PC...

moron :roll:
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:Too bad Microsoft doesn't make controllers for the PC...

Already have a game controller for my PC that works well with MMOs. ME2 is designed well for console gaming. I don't want a shitload of controllers for my PC or to buy a wireless gaming receiver for the PC...I could always use that cluster fuck of a PS3 controller with my PC, using that one inch cord it comes with.

dipshit

lets roll!
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

If those are actually all your controllers, you already have a wired xbox 360 controller that you can plug into a pc. ME2 will automatically give it the same control scheme as on the 360.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:Too bad Microsoft doesn't make controllers for the PC...

:-s
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aardor wrote:If those are actually all your controllers, you already have a wired xbox 360 controller that you can plug into a pc. ME2 will automatically give it the same control scheme as on the 360.
Those aren't my controllers.

I have three wireless 360 controllers.

My game controller for the PC is the Saitek Pro Gamer Command Unit with third party software Pinnacle Game Profiler used to program it for various games. It has a great dedicated thumb joystick

The Pinnacle Game Profiler software handles all sorts of controllers and is much better than the lame standard issue software that comes with the device itself.

From some earlier post when I was playing Rappelz:
[Show]

Pinnacle can be used on the wireless 360 if I ever want to pick up an adapter. I know Win 7 has basic drivers but it's nice to have a one stop shop for any controller game configurations and types.
[Show]
You can make detailed adjustments if you wish

ME2 has an excellent control scheme for the 360 so I'd rather pop in the DVD and pick up my controller, freeing up my PCs for watching porn and pirating.
Last edited by Winnow on December 28, 2010, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

the 360 wireless accessory adapter works great for using the wireless 360 controller on the PC
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Boogahz wrote:the 360 wireless accessory adapter works great for using the wireless 360 controller on the PC
He doesn't actually care about that, he's just being an troll.

There is no argument about which version of ME2 is best.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

All the DLC is 200 space bucks each on xbox. Get it while it's hot. I haven't put the game in my xbox yet, but I'm picking up all the DLC today for 600 points total.

Regular price:

Shadow Broker: 800 points
Kasumi: 560 points
Overlord: 560 points
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I just bought Lair of the Shadow Broker like 2 days ago!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I bought all three less than a month ago. Ohhhhh well.