2010 Finished Games List

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Re: 2010 Finished Games List

Post by Jice Virago »

Just finnished Nier. Damn that was an awesome game. Probably my favorite that I have played since Fallout 3.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jice Virago wrote:Just finnished Nier. Damn that was an awesome game. Probably my favorite that I have played since Fallout 3.
based on a hunch*, I checked this game out today. I played about 30 minutes so don't have a handle on the game but as traditional JRPGs go, it seems interesting. It doesn't seem as Polished as some games but the controls feel good and the world is nice to look at and explore, if not a little bland. I'veonly beaten on a few sheep and delivered some goods so don't know how the game will play fighting except for the opening scene, much like Darksiders, where you have all your powers and then lose them all.

*My Cousin Vinny reference
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Its hard to explain without giving too much away, so let me just say that if you basically ignore any side questing that does not involve pumping your gear, its a grindless zelda like game. The boss fights are all really interesting and the ending (though a bit easier than fights leading up to it) is incredibly good.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

After encountering a bug in GTA4, I eventually decided to load an eariler save and replay about 3 hours in order to finish the game. The last mission in that game was rage-inducing. I really like the game, but goddamn the save system and some of the mission structures were totally fucking broken.

I've only beaten 2 games in the past 2 months. I guess when I set my goal of 50 games this year I had forgotten how busy my summers are! I'm hoping to finish at least 3 games this month. Alan Wake should be joining my list soon. That's a pretty short game and I can't seem to put it down.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I've been looking over the list of games I've finished over the last 7 months and it's getting to be pretty long. Added Mirror's Edge to that this morning. Great great game.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Animalor is a monster! Did you enjoy DoW2? I saw you playing it last night and compared gamer score. It looked like you were closing in on the finish. I would be willing to jump online sometime and play co-op for a bit! The expansion is even better. Also, the "horde mode" is surprisingly great.

It's been 2 months since I've beaten a game :( All I've been playing is online games. I swap between MW2, W@W, Transformers, and various XBL games (Hydrothunder, bitches!). Of course, I started playing WoW again too, so that's a time killer. I'm accomplishing nothing as far as finishing my games. The last 2 months have been "slow" for game releases too. That was really my chance to make some progress. Instead, I'm just going to be stacking up more games in my backlog over the next several months!

I really need to focus on a single game and knock some games off my backlog. That new Tomb Raider game on XBL is pretty awesome. That one is moving to the top of the pile, provided I can get my wife to play with me.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I've been tracking a lot of sales for games on Steam and at retail and going through a lot of stuff I missed.
July was a wash because of vacation and a the very long and fun Persona 3 Portable.

Ya know, my wife watch a LOT of absolutely shit reality TV. I can't stand that stuff so I game once everything settles down at home and the kids are in bed.

I played 1 round of Last Stand in DoW2 last night(before steam went down and kicked us all out) and it's a great great mode. Co-op MP in Dawn of War is fantastic fun. Another thing that's surprised me is the great VOIP in the Steam client. It's fantastic.

It has been a great gaming year for me till now. It's a bonus that I've payed full retail for very few of them.

I picked up Ys Seven on the PSP this week too. 29.99 is a great price and the game seems fun(at least from what I've played). I chose to start playing on hard though and I think I'm underleveled cause I can't seem to beat the first boss. Dick-punchingly hard. I leveled up from 2 to 5 now and will be trying it again.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I've also been making an effort to catch up on my movie backlog, so that's been dipping into my gaming time. Only so many hours in the day!

I think I'll take a long look at my games tonight and come up with a plan of attack. WoW is going to take a back seat for awhile. I need some variety again.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I have completely forsaken MMO's as well. Been free of them for over a year now after a brief stint in LOTRO.

Yes gaming is more expensive now as a result the the variety is so much more fun.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

8/18 - Nethack - Linux - COMPLETE
- Ash
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

lessee....

Left 4 Dead 2 - complete PC
Borderlands - complete PC
Modern Borefare 2 - complete Xbox
Borderlands +all expansions - complete Xbox
CoD 4 - complete again Xbox
Fable II - complete Xbox
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winter is starting up again, so I'm looking forward to playing and beating more games. This thread turned out really well. At the end of the year, we'll examine the lists and see what interesting facts we can glean from the small sampling of VV data.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I should have started this earlier, cause there is no way I'm going to remember everything, but I'll try.

PS3-
God of War 3
Modnation Racers
Uncharted 2
Heavy Rain

Didn't get platinum on any of these, but I plan on trying for platinum on GoW and Uncharted at some point.

360-
Lost Planet 2
Halo Reach - complete (1000/1000)
Mass Effect 2 + DLC - complete(kind of) - all but one achievement.
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

PC-
Starcraft 2
Worms Reloaded
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I've been keeping my list up to date as I've been playing stuff.

There are games I've played I'm not sure how to address like Kinect Adventures, Move Sports Champions and Civ5 but otherwise, I play a shitload of games...
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, I didn't list any downloadable games, and I've finished a good amount of those.
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

11/11/10 - Fallout: NV for the PC
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

12/8/10 The Saboteur for PC
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The Saboteur - PC - FINISHED

Freeplay at 86% complete.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

If a mod would kindly un-sticky our 2010 list and replace it with the 2011 thread, that would be great!

People should feel free to comment on their 2010 gaming year if they have the urge!

Hey, I'll start!

I wanted to beat 50 games in 2010, but instead I only did 21. I started out strong, but was quickly drawn into World of Warcraft, CoD 2, CoD W@W, Black Ops, Battlefield BC 2, and any other number of random online games that give little to no gamerscore, don't really have "endings", and basically did nothing but soak up massive amounts of my gaming time. I don't regret a thing though because I feel I had an excellent gaming year. I was also able to have some pretty long breaks from gaming (several weeks at a time), read 4 books (I was aiming for 6), and get caught up on my ever growing movie backlog. All things considered, my free time was spread amongst several other hobbies and past times instead of just gaming, which was another goal I had for 2010.

I'm surprised that SC2 didn't grab me more than it did. I can't believe I didn't beat DoW2: Chaos Rising (lost my original saves, playing through that again first) because that is pretty much my favorite PC game in years.

For 2011, I'm aiming for that 6 book goal again and will be setting a more reasonable goal of 25 games beaten this year, including trying to beat more PS3 and PC games.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I have barely touched any console for 4-5 months now. I think Borderlands was the last game I finished and got a bit burnt out on gaming. EQ pretty much fills my gaming needs these days. I don't really see that changing for 2011 although there are a handful of games I am looking forward to.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Updated my list. I didn't finish as many games as I would have liked this year, but I'm making good ground up on my backlog. I think by the time next fall rolls around, I'll be current on all of my console games.

PC will be a completely different story after the Steam sales, plus a few games being released this year that I'm looking forward to.

I'll make a new game releases thread soon, and do a better job of updating it then I did last year :)
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I tried to get Y's Seven done so I could add a last game to the list before the change over to 2011 but the last boss kicked my ass and some leveling up will be in order (playing it on hard). I have a feeling I'm on the cusp of finishing Darksiders for PS3 too. =/ As well. 2011 it will be.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I was going to try and sneak God of War 2 in under 2010, but got distracted.