Trick R Treat (2007) DVD review

Why can't witches have babies? Because their husbands have hallo-weenies.
For scary, spooky or other Halloween-related posts.

Moderator: Fairweather Pure

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Trick R Treat (2007) DVD review

Post by Fairweather Pure »

This movie was made in 2007 but never had a wide theatrical release, instead playing at festivals and such for the past 2 years. I would just like to say, Fuck Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures for shuffeling this movie around for 2 years and eventually pushing it straight to DVD. This should've had a full release with some decent marketing behind it. I don't get it. Hollywood will pimp out some real fucking bullshit "horror" movies and then let something like Trick r Treat wither and die in limbo. You'll release a Saw movie every Halloween, yet when an actual movie based on the holiday itself is made you pass it over? Wtf? Anyway, enough of my ranting. On to the movie itself.

This movie is a horror anthology, like the Twilight Zone: The Movie and the Creepshow movies from the 80's. You have 4 loosely intertwined stories that all take place on Halloween night. Each story has something to do with various Halloween traditions like "always check your candy before eating", or "Don't blow out the candle in your pumpkins until after midnight". It has some dark humor and a good amount of holiday spirit from beginning to end.

The movie is pretty damn fun. It's not super scary or groundbreaking. It's just plain ol fun. I can see picking up more and more details after repeat viewings since all of the characters and plots intersect at various points. Some of the stories are even taking place simultaniously. Like most anthology-type movies, you'll like some of the stories better than others, but I think they are all pretty entertaining and strong in their own right.

Trick r Treat nabs a tasty 8.5/10. This movie will be a Halloween tradition in my house, like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is during Xmas.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Trick R Treat (2007) DVD review

Post by miir »

I was tempted to grab this.
It looked to be a pretty fun flick.

I'll have to check it out this weekend.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Re: Trick R Treat (2007) DVD review

Post by Soreali »

My friend actually picked this up on sunday.. i'll be checking it out tomorrow.
Timmah.