Car Shopping

Cars, Autos, Horseless Carriage, Wheeled Buggy -- whatever you want to call them. Talk about them here!
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Car Shopping

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

So Im moving down to Florida and so Im selling my Jeep Cherokee where I live now for 1500. I have been looking at Coupe class cars all over the Keys/Miami area and only seem to come across 3 or 4 that actually seem to fit my style.

Scion tC, Monte Carlo SS ( I used to own a 96 Z34 so MC's are close to my heart ), Pontiac G5/6 GT, or a Honda Accord. I have come across a few nice Acura 3.2CLs which is a good option if i can find one under 12k and under 50k miles. As noted, Im looking for a nice coupe between 2004-2009 for under 12k and prefer under 50k miles. I have about a month to find myself something nice before i move down and start my new job.

I have been searching around Autotrader, Ebaymotors, and Carmax but I tend to shy away from things that look too good to be true on the internet. Not looking for a salvaged or rebuilt titles due to reliability being a big factor in this purchase. If anyone has some good advice on either cars to look for or reliable dealers down in the Miami area any input would be much appreciated.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Car Shopping

Post by cadalano »

grats on the move- i love it here! give me a shout if youre ever around Boca Raton
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

If reliabilty is truely an issue, then my advice is go new. Used is and will always be a crapshoot.

And if you plan on keeping it longer than a couple years, do not, I should emphasize DO NOT buy a GM product.

I've been a mechanic for over 15 years, i see how these things are built, so I'll tell you what I tell everyone else, for long term reliabilty it's the big jap 3. Toyota Honda Nissan. In that order.
Sick Balls!
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Noysyrump wrote:If reliabilty is truely an issue, then my advice is go new. Used is and will always be a crapshoot.

And if you plan on keeping it longer than a couple years, do not, I should emphasize DO NOT buy a GM product.

I've been a mechanic for over 15 years, i see how these things are built, so I'll tell you what I tell everyone else, for long term reliabilty it's the big jap 3. Toyota Honda Nissan. In that order.
I was worried about purchasing the G6 because of GM's status. I had eyed up a sebring convertible until my mechanic friend said he would punch me if I ever bought a sebring because they are all lemons. So far the Scion tC looks like its winning for me because Im a fan of Toyota's reliability but not too much on their car styles.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Make sure it has air conditioning!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Hoarmurath
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Hoarmurath »

My wife has a 2003 Scion tC and we both love it. It's really just a base Camry with a new body. Extremely reliable. We've had absolutely no problems at all with ours so far. I'd highly recommend it.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

My brother had a Scion TC until he went SUV due to the new baby. He loved it! I enjoyed it as well when we took a road trip to SoCal a few years back. It is doubly fun if you drop a TRD speed shifter in it. It ain't no rally car, but it is a great car for the price. I have been a loyal Toyota customer for 20 years and have never been let down.
en kærlighed småkager
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

I had decided the Scion tC is what I will be purchasing a bit ago. Living in Key Largo now and temporarily using a car that my cousin isn't using while she is at college. It gives me some time to save up some more money and shop around for the best deal I can find. Really appreciate the input you guys gave, and tC is definitely what I will be getting.