Olympic Fail

What do you think about the world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Olympic Fail

Post by Winnow »

Sounds like the World doesn't fall for Obama's sappy speeches like the libs in the U.S. do.

People were talking about there not being a dry eye left in the place after Obama's speech trying to get the Olympics held in Chicago. Instead, Chicago was the first city eliminated.

The world knows Obama is a fraud but can the Oprah lib zombies break free of Obama's grasp soon enough to save the U.S.?

Even Hitler managed to get the Olympics held in Berlin in 1936. Obama can't even do that much. Obama's sob stories about his "home town" where he bought his senate seat didn't go over so well I guess!

Grats to pedoville, rain forrest destroying Brazil on the 2016 Olympics! Nice job Obama!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3myg2l16js
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Olympic Fail

Post by Aslanna »

With the billions it would have cost.. I say see ya! I wont miss them any.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Cracc
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cracc »

Doesnt the US host the olympics like every odd year anyhow?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

4 times in my lifetime.. probably came into play when they were making the selection.
This is the first for South America.
Good for them.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Look at Winnow's sour grapes manifesting themselves with twisted reddit based memes. :lol:
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Good for Brazil.

Limbaugh listening co-worker heard about the story below Fri at lunch and was worked up for hours. :)
Most normal Americans would consider it an honor to be flown to Europe, at taxpayer expense, and to be treated like Royalty upon arriving at one’s destination in Denmark.

Having talk-show queen Oprah Winfrey along for “chit-chat” would make the trip a once-in-a-lifetime thrill for the average person.

But for First Lady Michelle Obama, going to Copenhagen to sell Chicago as host city for the 2016 Olympics is all about sacrifice—for the children no less.
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/15339
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

I thought this whole idea was utterly stupid of Obama and one of the few valid criticisms of his presidency thus far. He's got a failing war in Afganistan, a crippled economy, and is on the brink of losing the battle for healthcare reform..."I GOT AN IDEA LET'S GO TO EUROPE AND BEG FOR THE FUCKING OLYMPICS."

I know the Olympics can be an economic boon for the city and the country, but we sure as fuck better be well on our way to a stronger economy by fucking 2016. Bringing along Oprah only enforced this idea that he thinks of himself as a celebrity...she may have helped him in the election, since she's popular here, but why the fuck did he use her in this international arena? That alone made this entire fiasco seem completely misguided and ignorant. Also, it just seemed self-serving and selfish. Wait our fucking turn like we always have and let other countries enjoy the opportunity.

I am very happy with selection of Brazil- the country has taken huge strides in the last decade and truly deserves it.

Obama, you're the most powerful man in the world, stop reducing yourself to the level of a fucking cheerleader and get shit done.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

I think the idea that anyone cares about Obama's involvement in this is beyond retarded.

You really think that the economy and AfPak are going to fall apart because Obama spent one day pitching the Olympics? Really? You're aware that Obama takes time out of his day to do things which have even less of a connection to leading the country, like playing basketball and throwing fundraisers? One of these days, he'll probably even go on vacation! Just like George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton before him, and George Bush before him, and Ronald Reagan before him, and Jimmy Carter before him, and...

Of course, Obama also met with General McChrystal to discuss AfPak strategy while on the trip. And I'm sure he spent some time on his plane dealing with non-Olympics issues, too. The Presidency requires multitasking.

The idea that a President is committing some horrific neglect of his duties when he spends any time doing anything other than focusing with all his intensity on the most important problem facing our country is totally nonsensical, and, unfortunately, really common.

Second-- 'self-serving and selfish?' Well, I mean, this is a sales pitch. The whole point is to be self-serving and try to win. You are aware that this is standard protocol for Olympic selection, right? And that Brazil also sent their head of state and one of their major celebrities (Pele) to pitch their bid? And that their sales pitch was every bit as 'self-serving' as Chicago's, or Madrid's, or Tokyo's?

Sure, this was a loss for Obama. A win would have boosted his image, the loss hurts it a bit. But the idea that so many seem to have, that this is something that has any real long-term consequence for his Presidency, is a joke. Obama's presidency will be judged on his response to the economy, on his handling of Iraq Iran Israel Afghanistan and Pakistan, on the outcome of healthcare reform and climate change legislation, and probably some other substantive issues that haven't come up yet. A "valid criticism" is based on his handling of a relevant issue, not on his tangential involvement in the site-selection process for a sports event.

Don't mean to direct this entirely at you, Kev, you're certainly not the only person to voice this complaint. Just the one to voice it when I felt like bitching about it.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

That's fine, I just needed something to rant about also. :)

On a serious note though: If he's going to consistently have Oprah around as a sidekick, shouldn't he have just made her VP? It's odd to me that a talk-show host is brought in on important political matters. We never saw George Bush pal around with Jerry Springer, even though that probably would have worked wonders with his base. :P
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

To pass off Oprah as just a 'talk show host' is pretty fucking far off the mark.

She is (not even arguably) the most influential woman of our time.
20 years ago she was a 'talk show host'.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Obama is fail after fail.

It's a good thing he's a celebrity type president though to keep the libs in awe over him. Stay tuned. I hear next week he's going to play Basketball with the Harlem Globetrotters. Wow!
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

I am in awe of your avatar. I kept hoping she'd blink, but no go.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

To pass off Oprah as just a 'talk show host' is pretty fucking far off the mark.

She is (not even arguably) the most influential woman of our time.
20 years ago she was a 'talk show host'.
It was said in jest. I thought the bit about Jerry Springer would have made that clear. :P
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

It's kind of sad watching Winnow drop the same bait over and over and not getting any bites.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Siji wrote:It's kind of sad watching Winnow drop the same bait over and over and not getting any bites.
What's sad is sluffing off anything negative said about Obama as drivel.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Leonaerd wrote:
Siji wrote:It's kind of sad watching Winnow drop the same bait over and over and not getting any bites.
What's sad is sluffing off anything negative said about Obama as drivel.
How is that in any way related? This particular 'negative said about Obama' is drivel.

--
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Obama's slow-walking Don't Ask Don't Tell is a negative. Obama ceding emotional ground to the right by choosing to frame healthcare reform in dry, technocratic terms is a negative.

The fact that a sports competition will be held in Rio rather than Chicago despite Obama's preferences is about as minimal a negative as it gets.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sueven wrote:
The fact that a sports competition will be held in Rio rather than Chicago despite Obama's preferences is about as minimal a negative as it gets.
It's not minimal because the average world citizen (yes world, not just in the U.S.) is a moron and things like this are more important than the real issues...(see: Oprah being a big deal on this Olympic trip)
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Winnow wrote:
Sueven wrote:
It's not minimal because the average world citizen (yes world, not just in the U.S.) is a moron and things like this are more important than the real issues...(see: Oprah being a big deal on this Olympic trip)
Even our morons don't give a shit about this; if we had a bid in we might care, in all other cases where the Olympics gets held is a non event.

The Olympics themselves are more and more a non event. The latest sports added... Golf and Rugby 7s.. lol.

Should have went with Ghosting:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYjn5QBfAUQ
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zaelath wrote:
The Olympics themselves are more and more a non event.
And yet our rock and roll lifestyle president wastes time on them and looks even worse by failing to get something he shouldn't be paying any attention to in the first place.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Why do Republicans hate America?

Also, this:
REPUBLICANS FURIOUS OVER SUDDEN U.S. POPULARITY

Oh Teh Christ™, if only Barack Obama were as popular in his own country (Psst: That’s “America,” Wingnut Douchebags!) as he is worldwide right now! While Republicans are taking out ads in Soldier of Fortune and using Vicks Vap-O-Rub to whip up some phony face tinkle, Democrats are poking Progressives in their Angry Mad Growly Faces and Progressives are readying themselves to MoveOn (dot-ROAR!) because the President hasn’t yet rescinded Don’t Ask Don’t Tell while kicking the doors off the hinges at Guantanamo in a spectacular A-Team-style raid to free all the wrongly-testicle-tasered brown people, huzzah!

But as we all argue about which of us hates President Obama the most and for what Totally Non-Racist Reasons, the rest of the fucking planet loves them some O-Man:
The United States is the most admired country globally thanks largely to the star power of President Barack Obama and his administration, according to a new poll. It climbed from seventh place last year, ahead of France, Germany, the United Kingdom and Japan which completed the top five nations in the Nation Brand Index (NBI).
Oops! Sorry, Rush Limbaugh, you disease-ridden porcine fuckhole: Seems the rest of the world thinks America kicks ass, Obamastyle. Apparently in a post-Bush world, the best way to whip up international support for America is to run all over the world telling foreigners how much we suck! A little honesty, some Tough Love, and we’re back on top, bitches! WE’RE VAGUELY TO BLAME! WE’RE VAGUELY TO BLAME!

See, a Fat Suppurating Sack of Weasel Scrota like Limbaugh tends to forget that a whopping huge chunk of the planet whose axis is dangerously destabilized by his massive fatness is some shade of brown or another. Whoops! That means that while his filthy racist mouth earns him Teeth-Flashing Guffawfery from the Big Deliverance Banjo Brigade in the toothless hooch hollers of Appalachia, the rest of the Big Brown World can judge America and her new president without the Honky-Colored Glasses, where everything is still 1955 (or better yet, 1855) and Liking Ike was cool, Daddio, because he played golf and took naps in his footie jim-jams and had the occasional stroke on the East Lawn.

So you Teabagging Wingnuts keep up the good work cheering our Olympic Fail and rooting for the Statue of Liberty to fall over and crush a 4th of July field trip of blind apple-pie-baking orphans with Bald Eagle Leukemia; the rest of the world thinks we’re the tits, if only because we’re free enough to allow pig-ignorant fascist suck-merchants like Limbaugh to speak in public without an electrified genital cuff wired to a Whack-A-Mole.
The Source
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I havta say that from an outside perspective, watching Dems and Republicans argue themselves in a circle with the same exact arguments is somewhat hilarious.
Cracc
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cracc »

The rest of the world generally like the dems and dislike the republicans. ( except Israel ofcourse )
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Still, they just gave the President the Nobel Peace Prize as a parting gift.
- Ash
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

He was nominated for it 9 days after the inauguration, the Nobel representative squirmed when asked what he could've done in 9 days to deserve it.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Anything can be made into a popularity contest eventually I guess.
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

What a fucking joke.. Way to completely discredit people who actually deserve that award..
Timmah.

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Soreali wrote:What a fucking joke.. Way to completely discredit people who actually deserve that award..
Yep, that's about it.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Good for America!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Soreali wrote:What a fucking joke.. Way to completely discredit people who actually deserve that award..
Like George Bush.. Fuck Obama!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Obama freed America from 8 years of tyranny and fear. He deserves the award just for that!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Hillarious how the right is trying to put an Anti-Obama spin on it.
I admit the decision was a bit puzzling but how much does the average person really care about Noble Peace Prizes
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Obama's a joke!

Dude is playing hoops on the new White House basketball court today. He's a media hound, nothing else.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:Hillarious how the right is trying to put an Anti-Obama spin on it.
I admit the decision was a bit puzzling but how much does the average person really care about Noble Peace Prizes
Yeah, it's really odd how people who already don't like him would be annoyed by this and want to voice their opinion :roll:

How much the average person cares doesn't matter, it's the principle of how this award is supposed to be for the best of the best in their respective fields that have done something that's bettered us as a whole. Might Obama do something worth of that award before he leaves the office? It's possible, but so far not even remotely close.
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Obama freed America from 8 years of tyranny and fear. He deserves the award just for that!
In four years from now, if we're magically way better off than we are right now, then he can get the fucking award. But as it stands right now, he hasn't done a single thing to make him deserving of that award.
Timmah.

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Soreali wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:Obama freed America from 8 years of tyranny and fear. He deserves the award just for that!
In four years from now, if we're magically way better off than we are right now, then he can get the fucking award. But as it stands right now, he hasn't done a single thing to make him deserving of that award.
Well, the Nobel Peace Prize commitiee seems to disagree with you, so I don't know what else to tell ya! Perhaps if you made a good case for one of the other applicants the commitiee will revoke the award?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Funkmasterr wrote:Yeah, it's really odd how people who already don't like him would be annoyed by this and want to voice their opinion :roll:
Obama didn't choose himself for the award. :roll:
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

miir wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Yeah, it's really odd how people who already don't like him would be annoyed by this and want to voice their opinion :roll:

Nor do I think anyone here who disagrees with the decision is saying he did.. It still doesn't negate the fact that he hasn't done anything to earn this award.
Timmah.

Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Well he's done about a million less bodies worth of damage than your last leader, consider it the world patting the US for coming out of diapers. Except instead of shitting in the diaper, you shit on the UN and murder people.

It's a gimmick that he's won, given that all he's done so far is pussy around the place doing fuck all, but Id prefer to have a poser President with a smart tongue than the kind of pigheaded fuckknuckle Funk and Winnow are so eager to golden age in every thread ever.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Soreali wrote:
miir wrote:

Nor do I think anyone here who disagrees with the decision is saying he did.. It still doesn't negate the fact that he hasn't done anything to earn this award.
Yep, fair and miir are just arguing for the sake of arguing/being obnoxious, and it's working :)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Nick wrote:Well he's done about a million less bodies worth of damage than your last leader, consider it the world patting the US for coming out of diapers. Except instead of shitting in the diaper, you shit on the UN and murder people.

It's a gimmick that he's won, given that all he's done so far is pussy around the place doing fuck all, but Id prefer to have a poser President with a smart tongue than the kind of pigheaded fuckknuckle Funk and Winnow are so eager to golden age in every thread ever.
huh?

Kinda like how you like to take every opportunity to point out your already well known hatred for the Bush administration, even when it has fuck all to do with the topic at hand (this one, for example)?

Not to mention I don't recall ever getting all reminiscent of the good ol' days of Bush.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Hehe, fuckknuckle.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Obama winning the nobel peace prize has nothing to do with the Bush Administration?!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Nick wrote:Obama winning the nobel peace prize has nothing to do with the Bush Administration?!
Well, since no one even seems to know what it is that he got the award for, I am going to go with a big NO as my answer until someone can explain to me otherwise. Not just opinion either please, infoz.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

As was said, it's pretty much little more than a fuck you to the last years of American rule.

That and he's the first black President, running on a bipartisan platform.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Nick wrote:As was said, it's pretty much little more than a fuck you to the last years of American rule.

That and he's black.
Two great reasons. You seriously can't see how many levels of bullshit and ridiculous that is? Try and put your own views on the previous administration aside and think about it for a minute.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Your agreement is not required :)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Well, since no one even seems to know what it is that he got the award for, I am going to go with a big NO as my answer until someone can explain to me otherwise. Not just opinion either please, infoz.
He was awarded it "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples".

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Well, since no one even seems to know what it is that he got the award for, I am going to go with a big NO as my answer until someone can explain to me otherwise. Not just opinion either please, infoz.
He was awarded it "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples".

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.
Thank you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think the roflcopter just flew overhead, I'm gonna go check it out.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I have a hard time believing he won. I just hope he can live up to an award he has yet to deserve. The only other Presidents to win, Roosevelt and Wilson did something concrete, hell one formed the UN, and did not win during their terms.

I am hoping for the future, but even his biggest supporters have to admit this one makes no sense.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon