Braaaaaains

Moderators: Truant, Fairweather Pure

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Zombie Apocalypse - Xbox Live

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Totally awesome litte arcade title. It's 800 MSP right now and was just released yesterday.

It's Smash TV with zombies and interactive environments. The game is great! Easy to play, difficult to master, just like Geometry Wars.

There are only 8 original maps and after that, they get recycled. However, they become populated with increasingly more interesting and deadly types of zombies. Also, those 8 original maps have loads of character. So do each one of the 4 playable characters. There are 4 weapon types that I have found so far, but I'm only on day 10 of 55. It's up to 4 player co-op either local or XBL. It gets much easier with more poeple!

I played about 15 minutes and unlocked 55 gamer score. I've been playing Tales of Vesperia for 8 hours and only have 40. Go figure!

This is absolute classic arcade stuff here with a zombie theme. You owe it to yourself to get this!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Zombie Apocalypse - Xbox Live

This game was made to be played 4 player on XBL. It's a whole other experiance. I made it to day 20 with some random folks, although they were all dead around level 14 and I atill had 8 lives at that point. If I live through the level, they all get 1 life at the beginning of the next level. I finished those last 6 levels as the sole survivor. Good stuff indeed! I've seen several more weapons, there is a chainsaw only level, and special zombies start popping out of the woodwork as you progress.

Hopefully I can play this game the entire way through this weekend. I just need people that are better at this type of game as my partners!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

This game is also available on PSN for the PS3.
$9.99

It's 800 MSP right now
Why don't they just use normal dollar amounts? :?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Because this way you can get MS points on sale from vendors. I just bought 5000 MS points from a site for 36$. I bought two cards.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Because this way you can get MS points on sale from vendors. I just bought 5000 MS points from a site for 36$. I bought two cards.
Plus it's like a gift card.. Any unused amount is profit! That's why they probably do annoying shit like make 1000 point cards and (usually) price games in intervals of 400 such as making them 800 or 1200 points.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You can get loads of stuff for under 100pts even before paid avatar clothing was offered. I just can't see points sitting unused due to the cost of most games.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Not anything good.. Who would pay for themes and crap like that! Well guess some people would. I don't have any interest in that. Regardless, it would be nice if you could buy them in chunks of 400.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I completed 7 Days of Hell last night in this game. It wasn't easy, but I stuck it out with one other guy after the other 2 people couldn't take it and dropped out. They made it almost to the half way point. Holy fucking shit. The last day alone was around 45 minutes straight in a single level. It was insane, also a lot of fun.

Btw, the Hell levels turn semi black and white (ala the orginal Night of the Living Dead) which I thought was pretty cool, but it also made it difficult to tell your guy from the others.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

miir wrote:This game is also available on PSN for the PS3.
$9.99

It's 800 MSP right now
Why don't they just use normal dollar amounts? :?
The most basic reason would be it provides a layer of abstraction from the $ amount on purchases.
I am sure there is some psychological difference between spending 800 imaginary things like MSP vs actually seeing that you are spending $10.
Sabek
Just Sabek