New animated short.

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Sparty
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

New animated short.

Post by Sparty »

http://www.vimeo.com/6494690
Password: scrim

Make sure "HD" is on, and sound is up.
Enjoy and let me know what ya think! Its currently being sent out to various film festivals, hence the password protection.

The Lonely Mr. Scrim is an animated short film created by Eric Provan. The film is about a lonely man who lives with his dead wife in a house built on a tree which grew from a barge that floats on the sea. A big evil company threatens to tear down his home and things get even more complex when a mysterious creature shows up. Will Mr. Scrim Be able to save his home? Will he finally let go of his dead wife? Will the mysterious creature eat all of his underwear?

Ive been playing EQ lately. If anyone is still around, drop me a tell. My name is Sparty. Whats a power source by the way? =)

My name is Sparty
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Re: New animated short.

Post by Xanupox »

Thats amazing work Eric. Ever think of making something related to the old EQ days?
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Sparty
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sparty »

Hey Pox,
I have actually. I even have a few story lines written out. Unfortunately, my ideas for EQ all turn out far too epic to cover in a short with no budget. The goal is to keep making these shorts, until I can eventually sell a feature pitch. With a feature under my belt I would feel much more comfortable pursuing something EQ related. Of course, at that point EQ will be long forgotten. If it isn't already =P
My idea is to have the film shot entirely in the EQ world (with an upgraded look of course - think blizzard cinematic style). But you never see the real life players. The story would revolve around real life conflicts mixed with in game conflicts all told through the avatars.
Xanupox says, "So where ya from?"
Sparty replys, "I'm from Florida. You?"
Fameen shouts, "Incoming Cazic Thule."
Sirton says, "Shit, someone throw a heal my way"
Xanupox says, "damnit, sparty down"
Ishtanna says, "Im pregnant!"
Xanupox says, "resurrecting sparty".
Sparty says, "Thanks".
Xanupox says, "Im from Indiana".

I think it would be such an interesting story told from that point of view.

Anyway, yes, Ive thought about it =)

My name is Sparty
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sparty wrote:Hey Pox,
I have actually. I even have a few story lines written out. Unfortunately, my ideas for EQ all turn out far too epic to cover in a short with no budget. The goal is to keep making these shorts, until I can eventually sell a feature pitch. With a feature under my belt I would feel much more comfortable pursuing something EQ related. Of course, at that point EQ will be long forgotten. If it isn't already =P
My idea is to have the film shot entirely in the EQ world (with an upgraded look of course - think blizzard cinematic style). But you never see the real life players. The story would revolve around real life conflicts mixed with in game conflicts all told through the avatars.
Xanupox says, "So where ya from?"
Sparty replys, "I'm from Florida. You?"
Fameen shouts, "Incoming Cazic Thule."
Sirton says, "Shit, someone throw a heal my way"
Xanupox says, "damnit, sparty down"
Ishtanna says, "Im pregnant!"
Xanupox says, "resurrecting sparty".
Sparty says, "Thanks".
Xanupox says, "Im from Indiana".

I think it would be such an interesting story told from that point of view.

Anyway, yes, Ive thought about it =)

My name is Sparty

Watch the first episode of The Guild for something like that Sparty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grCTXGW3sxQ