Don't try to break into your own home...

What do you think about the world?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Don't try to break into your own home...

Post by miir »

I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Re: Don't try to break into your own home...

Post by Animalor »

I can see how the officers would confuse

This

With this

*edit* Picture 2 is a random Google search. Not implying that the 2nd dude is a criminal.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

but he probably is...
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/22/gates. ... cnnSTCText
CNN wrote: Gates had just returned from a trip to China when a police officer responded to a call about a potential break-in at his home that was phoned in by a white woman. According to the police report, Gates was in the foyer when the officer arrived.

The officer asked Gates to "step out onto the porch and speak with me," the report says. "[Gates] replied, 'No, I will not.' He then demanded to know who I was. I told him that I was 'Sgt. Crowley from the Cambridge Police' and that I was 'investigating a report of a break in progress' at the residence.

"While I was making this statement, Gates opened the front door and exclaimed, 'Why, because I'm a black man in America?' "

According to the report, Gates initially refused to show the officer his identification, instead asking for the officer's ID. But Gates eventually did show the officer his identification that included his home address.
Doesn't matter if you're black, white, asian, indian, whatever. You. Do. NOT. hinder a police officer's investigation of the scene in question, and race is NO excuse to be belligerent towards a cop for trying to do his job. I'm willing to bet that that cop would have done the exact same thing no matter what Gates' race is. He responded to a call and found a man in the foyer who refused to identify himself. The only racial profiling done here was by Gates.

The fact that the door was closed probably means the officer didn't even know he was black. So there was no racial profiling when this started going down. The first profiling happened when Gates opened the door and went off on him. If he had cooperated with officer none of this would have happened.
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

That quote reflects only the police sergeant's side of events as stated in his incident report. The officer's version of events has been called into question, and portions Gates' version of the story have been corroborated by some witnesses. Further, there are some inconsistencies with the officer's report relative to the physical health / condition of Gates. To automatically assume that the police officer's report is an accurate account of events is not very wise. However, even if one accepts the police report as fact, it's simply stupid to arrest an older man like this *in his own home* after it has been determined that he is not actually a burglar simply because he is irate. I think it's fair to question whether an elderly white man would have been arrested in otherwise identical circumstances.

I have yet to see anyone genuinely criticizing the responding officer for investigating a reported burglary in progress. It's what happened after it had been determined that there was no criminal activity that has become the issue.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xatrei wrote:That quote reflects only the police sergeant's side of events as stated in his incident report. The officer's version of events has been called into question, and portions Gates' version of the story have been corroborated by some witnesses. Further, there are some inconsistencies with the officer's report relative to the physical health / condition of Gates. To automatically assume that the police officer's report is an accurate account of events is not very wise. However, even if one accepts the police report as fact, it's simply stupid to arrest an older man like this *in his own home* after it has been determined that he is not actually a burglar simply because he is irate. I think it's fair to question whether an elderly white man would have been arrested in otherwise identical circumstances.

I have yet to see anyone genuinely criticizing the responding officer for investigating a reported burglary in progress. It's what happened after it had been determined that there was no criminal activity that has become the issue.
I'm not interested enough to read the article, but I can tell you that if the door opened and the guy started going off on them, they were perfectly in the right to arrest him for disorderly conduct. He should be happy the cops responded to your house in case it was someone else breaking in. If the door opened and at any point the words "it's because I'm black" came out of his mouth, toss him in the fucking hole. This Jesse Jackson reverse racism, every negative thing that ever will happen to black people is because of the white man bullshit should fall on deaf ears by people of all races.

Yes I'm having a bad day. Flame away.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Don't worry, you do enough damage to yourself without anyone else having to say a word.

It's a silly situation, wherein the police have overreacted with the usual over zealous idiocy that gives them the reputation they deserve. At the same time, the guy is obviously playing the victim to an extent, even though he is absolutely 100% within his rights.

In short, police overreaction in a country, much like is seen here in the UK, that has given too much power to the police, has resulted in a dumbass event that was completely needless.

Quel fucking surprise.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sounds like the professor was an asshole. Quit apologizing for him. Black or white, he was an ass. The cops were called. He should be smart enough to know to fully cooperated with the police. He was just pulling the race card because he's a pompous asshole.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

I thought it was also funny that Obama put in his 2 cents even after admitting he's biased and doesn't know all the facts.
Sirton
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sirton »

Just some fun facts as almost everyone of you love throwing a cop under the buss:

-The cop was hand selected as the police departments trainer: in how not to racial profile and cultural differences ect. He was selected by a the departments Black chief that says hes more than qualified and stands by the man as a more than fair man.

The police union is defending his actions.

When the arrest was commited there was a black and hispanic officer at the scene.

There was a previous robbery at the house a month before.

I wasnt there the president was not there and this cop does not seem to be a racist at all from his past. There were 8 witnesses at the scene.

I understand how someone can get hot headed with a cop on your place asking you questions. (My home get the fuck out of here!!!) I understand this.

Where did the cop arrest the man.....in his house, outside of it in the public??

From what Ive heard of the case the cop was right upto the point of the arrest which he may of crossed the line in arresting the man on his front poarch, but from Massachusetts law he may of been ok too do the arrest.. Id of personally beat the asswipe professor with my stick, but thats why Im not a cop. I also conclude this cop is in no way a racist if anyone is its the professor.
CRY HAVOC...........AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!!!!!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

"People tell me I'm white, and I believe them because I've never been arrested in my foyer." - Stephen Colbert
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Just some fun facts
I wasnt there
I also conclude this cop is in no way a racist

Way to go!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

There are more then enough legitimate victims of racism. This doesn't appear to be that, it appears that two people took an incident far beyond where it needed to go. Personally if I had to break into my own house and it was called in as a break-in I would be more pissed if the cops did not ask me for ID. Add the fact the house was robbed a month earlier and I do not know how the cop could not ask the question.

Unfortunately this turned into a racial thing and it hurts true victims of racism. This is not saying the cop was right, just that it sure does not look racial in nature to me.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Wow, Obama is trying to start a racewar now that he's inviting this asshole professor to the White House:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/24/office ... index.html

what a dick. he first, without knowing the facts, says the police acted "stupidly" and now he's glorifying this asshat professor by inviting him to the White House and not apologizing to the police officers.

dick

head

fast becoming the worst president ever.
Gates' legal team argues that authorities are misrepresenting the professor and the officer, and Gates has said he is determined to keep the issue alive despite the charges being dropped.

"This is not about me; this is about the vulnerability of black men in America," he said this week.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

I'm sorry, when did the conservative government-has-too-much-power faction decide that it's acceptable for the government to arrest you for failing to be polite to an agent of the government who has invaded your own home?

A cop investigating a break-in should have the professionalism to not arrest someone who lives in the home he's investigating, provided he doesn't inadvertently find that person committing a real crime (no, hurting the police officers poor little feelings does not count as a real crime).

I agree that this particular instance isn't that big a deal, and that the professor is doing a bit of whining. However, the situation is nevertheless important because this is actually well within the range of normal police behavior, and far, far worse abuses happen every day. Gates has the ability to bring attention to the relationship between police and black men in this country, and he's doing so, and I'm happy about that. If this was the worst thing that the police had done this year and he was throwing a fit, fine, he'd be a whiner. But that's not at all what happened. He's someone who suffered from a relatively minor instance of police misconduct, and he's using his voice to draw attention to the issue generally for the interest of all those without voice who suffer worse.

Additionally, I'm happy to agree that the officer is not a 'racist' in the conventional sense of the word. That's not what this is about. This is about the officer being a cog in a racist system. White people: It's... not... all... about... you.

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sueven wrote:I'm sorry, when did the conservative government-has-too-much-power faction decide that it's acceptable for the government to arrest you for failing to be polite to an agent of the government who has invaded your own home?

A cop investigating a break-in should have the professionalism to not arrest someone who lives in the home he's investigating, provided he doesn't inadvertently find that person committing a real crime (no, hurting the police officers poor little feelings does not count as a real crime).

I agree that this particular instance isn't that big a deal, and that the professor is doing a bit of whining. However, the situation is nevertheless important because this is actually well within the range of normal police behavior, and far, far worse abuses happen every day. Gates has the ability to bring attention to the relationship between police and black men in this country, and he's doing so, and I'm happy about that. If this was the worst thing that the police had done this year and he was throwing a fit, fine, he'd be a whiner. But that's not at all what happened. He's someone who suffered from a relatively minor instance of police misconduct, and he's using his voice to draw attention to the issue generally for the interest of all those without voice who suffer worse.

Additionally, I'm happy to agree that the officer is not a 'racist' in the conventional sense of the word. That's not what this is about. This is about the officer being a cog in a racist system. White people: It's... not... all... about... you.

This is the first post of yours that I've read and couldn't believe you were actually saying it...

This black whining making everything into the white man holding them down BULLSHIT is what is holding them back more than anything else.

If he got lippy with the cop WHO WAS THERE TO PROTECT HIS HOME, I'm glad they brought his uppity arrogant black ass in jail. You do not have the right to mouth off to cops, and if you do they have every right to arrest you, PERIOD!

Then pulling a Jessie Jackson and talking about how it's because of a racist system when I would bet any money that it went down just like the cop said it did, just makes him an even bigger piece of shit. Obama should have shut his stupid fucking mouth on this one too.

Speaking out about true racism/issues is one thing, defending this Al Sharpton/Jessie Jackson bullshit is holding the black race back, and you are just adding to it by saying shit like you did.

EDIT: The comic mocking reverse racism gets under my skin too, that is just as big of an issue as racism in this country and you're fooling yourself if you think any different.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Caucasians have to kill off other races occasionally because they are the only race that is smart enough not to over breed.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Sueven wrote:I'm sorry, when did the conservative government-has-too-much-power faction decide that it's acceptable for the government to arrest you for failing to be polite to an agent of the government who has invaded your own home?

Additionally, I'm happy to agree that the officer is not a 'racist' in the conventional sense of the word. That's not what this is about. This is about the officer being a cog in a racist system.
Sueven, Crowley didn't enter the house. He asked Gates to step outside and show some ID, and Gates refused, opened the door, and went off on him. Period.
Sueven wrote:White people: It's... not... all... about... you.
You're right it isn't, but white people aren't saying it is. Crowley just wants this shit done and over with so he can get back to work. Gates is the one waving the racism flag, playing victim when he's the instigator. He says he won't let this drop because he's doing it for "blacks everywhere"... so who is it really all about?

And Winnow, Obama extended the same invitation to Crowley as well. I won't be surprised if Crowley turns it down. A man tried to do his job and got reamed because he was white.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Funk wrote:You do not have the right to mouth off to cops
Umm.
The First Amendment wrote:Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Sargeras wrote:Sueven, Crowley didn't enter the house.
So I'll amend my statement to "has invaded your property" instead of "has invaded your home." This changes anything how, exactly?
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Sueven wrote:
Funk wrote:You do not have the right to mouth off to cops
Umm.
The First Amendment wrote:Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Sargeras wrote:Doesn't matter if you're black, white, asian, indian, whatever. You. Do. NOT. hinder a police officer's investigation of the scene in question, and race is NO excuse to be belligerent towards a cop for trying to do his job.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

OK, so I'm being asked to choose between two pieces of contradictory authority:

The United States Constitution

or

Some thing that some dude named Sargeras wrote on VeeshanVault.

Hmmmmmmmm
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Also, he wasn't accused of hindering an investigation. He was charged with being uppity.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:fast becoming the worst president ever.
lolz

Obama has a much further way to go to even get close to taking that title from G W Bush. The only way that will happen is if he accidentally nukes Phoenix or something.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Sueven wrote:
EDIT: The comic mocking reverse racism gets under my skin too, that is just as big of an issue as racism in this country and you're fooling yourself if you think any different.
"Reverse Racism" gets under my skin too. If you are a victim of "reverse racism", that would be a racist situation too, so the reverse verbage is unnecessary.

Xatrei I still see no racism here other than the fact the professor decided to make it that. Both parties are at fault for overzealous actions, but I think based on his co-workers, friends and job position that he did not do this because the guy is black.

I agree he over-reacted, so did the professor. Someone called in a break-in, the officer has every right to ask for some form of ID and if the person refuses to give it to him then that person has put themselves in a situation where the cop has to assume the worst. If you really think about it, these officers have never arrested an guilty man, every criminal says they did not do it. What would you have done in his position? I am not saying the arrest was right, but up to that point he was well within his rights as an officer. The charges were dropped so should the issue be.

There are tons of legitimate racial issues we could address, we should be focusing on one of them, not this crap.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

Tyek wrote: I agree he over-reacted, so did the professor. Someone called in a break-in, the officer has every right to ask for some form of ID and if the person refuses to give it to him then that person has put themselves in a situation where the cop has to assume the worst. If you really think about it, these officers have never arrested an guilty man, every criminal says they did not do it. What would you have done in his position? I am not saying the arrest was right, but up to that point he was well within his rights as an officer. The charges were dropped so should the issue be.
All of this crap is irrelevant, because it has nothing to do with why the cop arrested him. He arrested the guy AFTER he showed his ID and proved that he lived there. I don't think the cop is racist, I think he's just a power tripping douchebag.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Yeah, the initial investigation of a reported burglary in progress isn't the issue, though it's the angle that most people siding with the cops fixate upon. Gates was arrested for having the audacity to question the cop and didn't show the cop the respect he thinks he's entitled to. I agree that it's about male egos and porcine power trips more than it is about racism. However, just because race wasn't the primary driver of the situation, doesn't mean that it can be completely dismissed, either. Like I mentioned before, I really do have to wonder whether a white guy in otherwise identical circumstances would have been arrested.

Racism on the part of the police isn't always as overt as it would have been if the guy had just shouted "on your face, darkie!" If you read Gates' account of how the situation developed and try to put yourself into Gates' shoes, I don't think it's hard to see why he might have taken issue with the way the police sergeant was approaching the situation. It seems to me the cop didn't like his authority being challenged by this little guy, and had to show him who's boss. Of course, that's all irrelevant if you automatically assume the cop's account of the incident is unassailable truth, as many, here and elsewhere, seem to believe.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This is a clear cut case of some pompous dude upset that a cop interrupted him by doing his duty. The guy should be grateful the cop was there checking up on things considering there was other activity in the area previously.

I'm always on the side of the guy not being an asshole. In this case, the cop is in the right. Cooperate. How fucking hard is it? It's your duty to make things extra clear to a cop that could encounter a hostile at any time he's working. I have no sympathy at all for a dickhead. If I'm having the worst day ever and am asked by a cop to identify myself, I'm going to cooperate fully and be as helpful as I can resolving the situation. This asshat professor could have taken the other route and thanked the police officer for doing his duty instead of pulling the race card. Fuck that guy no matter what race or gender.

A non cop would probably have punched the dude in the face for being a dick. That professor probably needs a sock party sometime down the road. If I was a burglar, I'd go rob that guy's house because the cops aren't going to go near it. What a fucking ass.
Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. was the only person making this a racial issue. Even the black police officer on the scene stated that Gates needed to be arrested for disturbing the peace.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Do you have some cops in your family, or do you suck the cock of all "authority figures"?

Every time I read "Doing his duty" I hear "slurp slurp slurp". How about "doing his job"? Policing is a job, not a holy vocation handed down by god or Jeb. It's not military service either, It's a job. A job that attracts a lot of people with the kind of personality that should exclude them from having that job.

I realise ya'll are upset by this uppity nigger, but your blind devotion to the police like they are all beyond reproach makes me throw up in my mouth a little.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Sueven wrote:So I'll amend my statement to "has invaded your property" instead of "has invaded your home." This changes anything how, exactly?
It is not an invasion of property for a police officer to respond to a complaint called into the police.

The cop may not have been overly tolerant or sympathetic to the good professor's jetlag but he had a RESPONSIBILITY to respond and investigate. That does mean confirming the occupant of an address actually is a resident and not just claiming to be so. If he was met with immediate hostility, how else is he supposed to react? Sure maybe he overreacted, maybe he was abusing his authority a little bit to teach some humility to some asshole who thinks because he lives in an intellectual ivory tower, he owes no one common courtesy.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm not sure what you guys don't understand... The dude followed the cops as they were trying to leave and continued to run his mouth off. If he felt the police handled the situation poorly, there are proper channels to go through to do something about it such as talk to their commanding officer, get a lawyer involved (or your buddy the pres in his case), etc. The proper way is not to follow the cops out of your house running your arrogant fucking mouth.

When he stepped out of his home and continued spouting off, he was disturbing the piece and being disorderly. There may be two sides to what happened, but there are not two sides to what he did being wrong, he was wrong, period.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:The proper way is not to follow the cops out of your house running your arrogant fucking mouth.
What about spitting?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Spang wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:The proper way is not to follow the cops out of your house running your arrogant fucking mouth.
What about spitting?
Well obviously the cop would have been in the green to shoot him at that point, fair is fair.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Zaelath wrote:Do you have some cops in your family, or do you suck the cock of all "authority figures"?

Every time I read "Doing his duty" I hear "slurp slurp slurp". How about "doing his job"? Policing is a job, not a holy vocation handed down by god or Jeb. It's not military service either, It's a job. A job that attracts a lot of people with the kind of personality that should exclude them from having that job.

I realise ya'll are upset by this uppity nigger, but your blind devotion to the police like they are all beyond reproach makes me throw up in my mouth a little.
I have read nothing here that says the cop did NOT over-react. The initial arguement Gates had was that he was arrested for being black. The cop had a duty to investigate the situation. It is his job, call comes in for possible robbery, he investigates. He may have upset the professor, maybe the professor was having a bad day, whatever happened they both made bad decisions. If you can't see that and think because he is black he gets a pass, then you are the one sucking on black cock to feel like you are more enlightened. Where does personal responsibilty start taking over? It seems like no one wants to take responsibilty anymore.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Do you have some cops in your family, or do you suck the cock of all "authority figures"?
Thread over. :lol:
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:Well obviously the cop would have been in the green to shoot him at that point, fair is fair.
You only like black people when they're rapping in your ear or selling you weed, huh?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Spang wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Well obviously the cop would have been in the green to shoot him at that point, fair is fair.
You only like black people when they're rapping in your ear or selling you weed, huh?
Come on, you can do better than that!
valryte
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by valryte »

Obama has a much further way to go to even get close to taking that title from G W Bush. The only way that will happen is if he accidentally nukes Phoenix or something.
Um, wouldn't nuking Phoenix actually make Obama the best president ever?
Well obviously the cop would have been in the green to shoot him at that point, fair is fair.
Taser dude, they taser nowadays.
When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Tyek wrote:Where does personal responsibilty start taking over? It seems like no one wants to take responsibilty anymore.
Again: Responsibility for what? He didn't do anything wrong. Being rude is not a crime.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sueven wrote:
Tyek wrote:Where does personal responsibilty start taking over? It seems like no one wants to take responsibilty anymore.
Again: Responsibility for what? He didn't do anything wrong. Being rude is not a crime.
Running your mouth to a cop, particularly following them as they are trying to leave is not only the right way to go about things, but it is disorderly conduct. I know, I've been in trouble for that exact thing more than once in my life, believe it or not ;)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

valryte wrote:
Taser dude, they taser nowadays.
Shit, you're right.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Interestingly, it turns out the police report on the incident is, at least partially, a fraud. After being called out on the lie by Gates' neighbor, Lucia Whalen, the police now admit that she did not actually report "what appeared to be two black males with backpacks" breaking into the house. She never indicated a race at all because, she says, she couldn't identify their race. The race of the suspected burglars was an embellishment by the responding police sergeant. What purpose does lying like this serve other than to bolster the sergeant's position? Here we see that an automatic presumption of honesty and integrity on the part the cops is undeserved. Their attempt to explain away the inconsistency is laughable. The race of the reported suspects was, originally, a key component of why they had to be so cautious of the situation when initially investigating the 911 call. How many other lies are in the cops' account of the event?

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... olice_say/
Last edited by Xatrei on July 27, 2009, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xatrei wrote:Interestingly, it turns out the police report on the incident is, at least partially, a fraud. After being called out on the lie by Gates' neighbor, Lucia Whalen, the police now admit that she did not actually report "what appeared to be two black males with backpacks" breaking into the house. She never indicated a race at all because, she says, she couldn't identify their race. The race of the suspected burglars was an embellishment by the responding police sergeant. What purpose does lying like this serve other than to bolster the sergeant's position? Here we see that an automatic presumption of honesty and integrity on the part the cops is undeserved. Their attempt to explain away the inconsistency is laughable. The race of the reported suspects was, originally, a key component of why they had to be so suspicious of the situation when initially investigating the 911 call. How many other lies are in the cops' account of the event?

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... olice_say/
That changes absolutely nothing, let me know if you need me to explain why to you.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

It does change one very important thing. It demonstrates that the police involved with the situation are not necessarily honest in their account of events, which opens the door to questioning what really did happen. There were already a number of issues with the police department's account of events, and now this. The only reason you believe that the Gates was being a disturbance is because the cops say so. Their credibility is suspect, and so your presumption of accuracy on their part is foolish and unwarranted.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xatrei wrote:It does change one very important thing. It demonstrates that the police involved with the situation are not necessarily honest in their account of events, which opens the door to questioning what really did happen. There were already a number of issues with the police department's account of events, and now this. The only reason you believe that the Gates was being a disturbance is because the cops say so. Their credibility is suspect, and so your presumption of accuracy is foolish and unwarranted.
If he made one smart remark to them even if it was a reaction to them being out of line, then things unfolded exactly how they should of. Unfortunately he won't learn his lesson and keep his uppity mouth shut next time either.

I don't care what the cops did or how wrong they were, that doesn't make the way he is making this into a "white man tryna hod me down" thing, and it also doesn't excuse Obama running his idiot mouth when he admitted in the same sentence he didn't know what happened.

He's another black man making this into a media circus to bring attention to how bad whitey is to him, which is a fucking joke at best, instead of handling it in a way that would be more effective if he truly felt that way and wanted to do something about it.

Making excuses for the guy is making you guys look ridiculous.

EDIT: The difference here, is that the Liberal crowd is having the typical FIGHT THE POWA, DAMN THE MAN reaction to this and focusing on the less important side of the issue. Every time someone pulls this Jesse Jackson bullshit, it sets the black race as a whole further back than anything else that's happened in decades. That is the more important side of the issue.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Every time someone pulls this Jesse Jackson bullshit, it sets the black race as a whole further back than anything else that's happened in decades.
Funkmasterr.. Obvious expert on the current status of the black race.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Every time someone pulls this Jesse Jackson bullshit, it sets the black race as a whole further back than anything else that's happened in decades.
Funkmasterr.. Obvious expert on the current status of the black race.
If you don't see the truth in that statement you are either a) just saying so to make a jab at me or b) Completely out of touch with reality.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Maybe this all could have been avoided if they banned cops from smoking?
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Funk wrote:If you don't see the truth in that statement you are either a) just saying so to make a jab at me or b) Completely out of touch with reality.
Dude, you want to know what's really out of touch with reality? I'll even put it in bold for you.
Funk wrote:The comic mocking reverse racism gets under my skin too, that is just as big of an issue as racism in this country
bahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahha
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sueven wrote:
Funk wrote:If you don't see the truth in that statement you are either a) just saying so to make a jab at me or b) Completely out of touch with reality.
Dude, you want to know what's really out of touch with reality? I'll even put it in bold for you.
Funk wrote:The comic mocking reverse racism gets under my skin too, that is just as big of an issue as racism in this country
bahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahha
Right, because my ancestors weren't slaves - that makes it different. It. Doesn't. Jesse Jackson, his extorting people into giving him money, the things he does and says, continue to set the entire black race back and create even more racial tension than there was to begin with. And that's just one example.

You're kidding yourself if you think you're right on this one, so go ahead and think that if you want, I won't try and stop you anymore.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

"JESSE JACKSON IS NOT THE AMBASSADOR OF BLACK PEOPLE!" - Token.
"He told my dad he was." - Stan