Ahhh to be a noob again!

sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Ahhh to be a noob again!

Post by sarlen »

So after a failed download and way to much time to patch I finally got in game. I started a Mystic named Eonar on Perma.

I have a few questions:

1. is the legendary low level stuff worth keeping/selling?

2. Where the fuck can I get a flippin bag>?

3. I keep getting items that say they can be further examined to learn more about xxx but for the life of me I cant figure out what to do with them.

4. Whats with the scroll type and Idol items that you can turn in for faction?

5. Where the fuck can I get a flippin bag>?

6. I looted a few items that say there are for mastercraft stuff but cant seem to find a recipe to use them on?

7. Several small items that say they are valuable/rare but only sell to the vendor for 3 copper?

8. Where the fuck can I get a flippin bag>?

being a noob again is both exciting and humbling. I like the game play but find for such an aged game it has lots of little idiosyncrasies. The quest helper thing seems to randomly bounce around and lots of lag on quest updates. It at times doesn't tell you anything at all when you loot a quest item and some of these items never appear in your bags so you just have to keep checking the quest in the log to see if you got it. Where the fuck can I get a flippin bag>?
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Ahhh to be a noob again!

Post by Xatrei »

If you don't have someone helping you out with funds, I think selling the lowbie legendary stuff (including spells) to transmuters is the better way to go. If you don't need the cash, the legendary items and spells are a marginal improvement over normal drops.

There should be vendors in any of the newbie areas that sell small containers. The good, high capacity ones are all player made, so head to the nearest broker once you have a little cash.

Those rare items that sell for only pocket change will usually fetch a much better price with other players.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

unfortunately I'm going it alone, so I sell everything I can just to scrape up a few silver. I guess I'm just looking in the wrong place for the bag vendor. I have yet to use the broker system, so I guess I should give that a go and see if I can find some decent bags on the cheep.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

The broker is the only place to get bags. You'll find the best stuff there, with the most slots and the cheapest prices. Or, you can just let me mail you some.
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

Kaldaur wrote:The broker is the only place to get bags. You'll find the best stuff there, with the most slots and the cheapest prices. Or, you can just let me mail you some.

Truly an offer I cant resist. At level 15 now I have a few 4 slot bags, running back to sell every 20min sucks!

Thanks Kaldaur, really...really appreciate it!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

What's your character's name (assuming youre on Permafrost)?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

sarlen wrote:I started a Mystic named Eonar on Perma.

Miir fails like chickenliquids!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

:(
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I sent one of my extra 16 slot bags that were sitting on an alt last night. I can make 28 slot boxes if you want to put those in your bank to store some of your booty as well. I've been working on levelling my Carpenter lately too. I don't have a tailor to actually make bags though.
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

Kaldaur and Boog, thank you so much you guys are awesome! Found a nice noobie guild last night of 21 and over only, which is nice. All around having a good time, just wish I had more then an a few hours a week to play!
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

I haven't played in so long I am thinking of reactivating!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

I been playin for a couple weeks and this game is an awsome single player game. have yet to get into any real groups.

Unfortunatly my main acount is currently otherwise occupied. hoping i get it back tomarow, til then im goofin around with freebie accounts, tryin the different classes upto level 20.

Bags are of course prime items... expect 4 to 5 gold for a decent one. So my advice is, get free ones from Vaulters or take up tailoring yourself. Miir was of course kind enough to get me started, saved my bacon. Thanks budy. Once you have some decent bags and boxes save almost everything you loot and plop them on your own broker. That is the only way to actually make real cash and thus afford to upgrade yourself every 10 levels with new armor etc. You access your own broker by putting that board they give you when you rent a room up on the wall. drop a couple really big boxes in it and fill em up with the stuff you think other players will want. double clicking each item brings up a broker search to see what other folks are selling that item for. Beware the morons that sell level 10 stuff for 10 gold plus...

About to make a zerker and play him upto 20... think ill try for droll as a name. i cant send tells to anyone that dont friend me so yeh free accounts are ghey.

Please gimme Idjut back...

edit add ons...

Yeh Droll took for my new toon. Im also on Tiberiuss Flaviuss a lot doin my tradeskill crap in case any of you bump into him/me.
Sick Balls!
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Moon, come back to us!!!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Yeh so I dunno if im gonna get Idjut back... havent been able to get ahold of my friend since he went to vegas. i did however get station access on the account i been toying with all weekend. should be active soon. Even if i do get the other idjut back, i made a new idjutt. Just in case. And if i have to start over at least i start over with the journeyman cloak on this 1... Idjut ran slow.

You realize this is the third time ive played this game only to not get passed level 40. Well we will try again. Good news is i can re outfit my own damn self!

I do miss all that plat i had made on the first (erm second) idjut though....

see ya in game

Idjut of permafrost
Sick Balls!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

any wood workers able to mail tiberiuss a couple HUGE boxes? dont think my 8 gold is gonna cover settin up my broker n stuff
Sick Balls!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

To get a little initial boost in funds:

Refer to Miir's post first

Broker all the 'Treasured' bones/flasks fertilizer items. They drop commonly and will generally fetch 5gp per. Ain't much, but if you have shit for cash, a quick little influx helps a ton. Those things will go like hotcakes.

Shinies, of course....collect em all and drag them to broker window to get market prices.

If you are working on transmuting, check the dust/shard prices as well. Better bet is to go for tinkering since that has more raid utility.
en kærlighed småkager