Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Nurse Jackie

Post by Funkmasterr »

We watched this show after Weeds last week, and it was fucking HILARIOUS. One part in particular had me laughing for several minutes. I'd definitely suggest checking this show out!

It's about a nurse named Jackie (duh) who almost reminds me of a female version of Dr. House. I want to say more but I don't want to wreck the show for anyone else.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Nurse Jackie

Post by Psyloche »

Funkmasterr wrote:We watched this show after Weeds last week, and it was fucking HILARIOUS. One part in particular had me laughing for several minutes. I'd definitely suggest checking this show out!

It's about a nurse named Jackie (duh) who almost reminds me of a female version of Dr. House. I want to say more but I don't want to wreck the show for anyone else.
I've only watched a little bit during lunch, but I did get a few laughs. I'll probably make an effort to watch more when I remember to.

Does your intern want to take these files upstairs?
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Psyloche wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:We watched this show after Weeds last week, and it was fucking HILARIOUS. One part in particular had me laughing for several minutes. I'd definitely suggest checking this show out!

I've only watched a little bit during lunch, but I did get a few laughs. I'll probably make an effort to watch more when I remember to.

Does your intern want to take these files upstairs?

Did you see the ear part? I literally laughed for at least 2 solid minutes, absolutely hilarious!
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Good show. I knew I recognised Edie Falco, but I had to look her up to know from where :)

Not that I watched the Sopranos that much...
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, another good episode last night! I can't see me missing an episode of this show after such a good start.

I think it's kind of amusing how nurses are in a tizzy because how dare they be depicted like a normal person with issues instead of Mother Teresa.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Zaelath wrote:Good show. I knew I recognised Edie Falco, but I had to look her up to know from where :)

Not that I watched the Sopranos that much...
The funny thing about Edie Falco for me is that I always think of her as the prison guard from Oz unless I actually see her on the Sopranos.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Xatrei wrote:The funny thing about Edie Falco for me is that I always think of her as the prison guard from Oz unless I actually see her on the Sopranos.
Same here, and I think that character on Oz really annoyed me, and I never really liked Carmella bitching at Tony all the time, so now I kind of hate Edie Falco. I may still check out the show though, people seem to like it.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Good show. Although I'm really sick of every show either being a new cop drama or in a hospital setting, this one I'll definitely keep watching.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Dunno. I watched the first episode. Totally didn't find it funny at all.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Aslanna wrote:Dunno. I watched the first episode. Totally didn't find it funny at all.
Yeah, I didn't find it "teh funniest thing since sliced emos". But it was entertaining/interesting.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

It has comical moments, but definitely not a laugh-a-minute kind of show. I like it, though.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I so don't like her character at all. They try and paint her as 'flawed' (like House) but I think they totally fail. She's simply just a bad human being. Out of the whole cast I think I like the Zoey character the most. If it comes around for a second season I won't bother watching it. Unfortunately I have a bad habit of sticking it out to the end of seasons of shows even when I don't find them terribly interesting just because I've already invested time in it! The only exception to that being Jericho a year or two ago. I couldn't manage to make myself finish watching that mess.

Overall so far out of 11 episodes: 4/10.

--
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Aslanna wrote:I so don't like her character at all. They try and paint her as 'flawed' (like House) but I think they totally fail. She's simply just a bad human being. Out of the whole cast I think I like the Zoey character the most. If it comes around for a second season I won't bother watching it. Unfortunately I have a bad habit of sticking it out to the end of seasons of shows even when I don't find them terribly interesting just because I've already invested time in it! The only exception to that being Jericho a year or two ago. I couldn't manage to make myself finish watching that mess.

Overall so far out of 11 episodes: 4/10.
Lol. Jericho... Fallout meets Lost. I couldn't care less about what eventually happened in that show. I would be interested to know if the producer is still working though :P
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Didn't see the ending to this season coming! Good stuff.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I gave up on this show after one season. Same for United States of Tara. How do these shows keep getting renewed!

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Nurse Jackie is still around for at least another season. I never could get into the Tara show.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

There was a lot more story behind this season. Big changes seem to be coming with next season!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Good to know for those who stuck it out. They already lost me though. There ain't no coming back! I gave it a full season I just didn't find the show or her character all that interesting.. Oooo a medical professional addicted to drugs! There's a new plot twist...

--