So I caved

Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

So I caved

Post by Soreali »

And decided to download the trial..Chances are ill probably get hooked and probably start playing since Ill have some more free time.. Which server do most of you guys play on? And why the hell does this friggen thing take so damn long to download through the station launcher? Is there an easier way of doing this?

Also looking for ideas on which class to play.. I played a chanter and a wizard in EQ1 so I'm kinda looking to do a DPS class or something to that effect..suggestions?
Timmah.

Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: So I caved

Post by Xatrei »

I've played around with the game, some, although constraints on my time have prevented me from doing much more than getting a couple of gimpy characters up into their low to mid 40's. It's a nice game for being able to get on and take advantage of a free hour here & there, though, unlike original EQ. I've got guys on Permafrost and on Guk, but I don't know how many VVers are on either of those. Nneena is on Perma, but she's only on sporadically like me. There used to be a fairly good sized contingent of VVers on Perma, but I don't know how active they are these days.

Try out a bruiser or monk (depending on whether you're a evil race or a good one). They're pretty fun and can crank out a lot of damage. One advantage of the bruiser or monk, imo, is that the cultural gear for leather wearers seems to be a lot more affordable and easy to come by (even if you're harvesting the bits for them yourself) than the smithed stuff.

Lately, I've had a little more free time to kill and have been goofing off in original EQ a bit. I still don't have time to raid with my old mates, or catch up on the 10 levels and 1000 AA's and truly insane gear though :(
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

Yeah I dont have the time to attempt to resurrect Meekee again for another run...figured Id try EQ2 out and see if the flashbacks of the old days hit..

I think I might go bruiser..
Timmah.

Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Oh, and Timorous Deep seems to be the best newbie area going. The quests and gear that drop there blow away any of the stuff available in the older newbie areas. Sarnaks are, of course, an evil race, but their city and starting area is neutral, so it's worth traveling to if you're a race that can't choose it as a starting city. By the time you reach your 20's and move out into the next tier of zones, you'll be much better equipped and a lot more survivable. The downside is that a lot of the quest gear and zone drops in the next tier of content (pretty much regardless of which path you choose) are downgrades to the stuff you get towards the end of the TD progression.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

Is there any other way to download it besides the launch pad? This friggen thing tried downloading for about four hours last night, stopped because i fell asleep and closed my laptop, tried to staurt up again and says its 5% done and has another four hours.. its really starting to piss me off.. it doesnt appear to be picking up from where it left off.
Timmah.

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

There are many of us on Permafrost.
Unless all you want to do is solo, I'd probably stay away from monk/bruiser.
Some of the healing classes are incredibly fun, especially the ones that can melee spec (mystic, inquisitor, warden).
If you're looking to play a DPS class be prepared to fight for group spots (lots of people play dps classes).

I also wouldn't recommend any tank class as they are most difficult to equip and play well.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

If you looking to mess around and solo go necro. I did a necro from 1-80 mainly solo very easily. The AA tainted heals makes the solo necro unfair.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

So I made a gnome assassin on Guk.. Thought I had read an older post about a bunch of you folks being on Guk. I actually enjoy it a lot.. got him up to 16 already (hah 2 week challenge!).. Started off in TD (Thanks Xag) and have been blowing through levels since.. I like a lot of the quests so far too.. Getting kind of addicted which isnt good lol..
Timmah.

Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Well my sons and I (3 of us now) are playing on Lucan as are about 7 or 8 old Veeshan people in our Fluffy Bunnies guild. Still having a good time, most people took a break for about 9 months but are back and we recently bought a guild house etc... We are small and don't RAID but have been around (3rd guild on the server I believe) so most of the raiding guild know we were all hardcore back in the EQ1 days and invite us along if we need anything.

My 6 year old (was almost 5 when he started her) has a 73 Dirge (along with a 63 Paladin) that he has soloed half the time to level 73 and usually gets invited on groups and raids if I don't make him go to be early. So if I 5 year old can solo (was 5 most of the time) a Dirge that should be a pretty easy class. :)

Marb
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

There are a few of us on Guk...

Sylvos (Cyre)
Sirensa (Ziame)
Ashur (Ashimar)
Kilmoll (when he is around)
Me (Lirnev, Cohonil, Beloch)

There is also Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle..

My favorite classes are Brigand and Swashbuckler, but my SK is in the 60s now. I also 2-box my 80 Defiler around. Fun times!
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Canelek wrote:There are a few of us on Guk...

Sylvos (Cyre)
Sirensa (Ziame)
Ashur (Ashimar)
Kilmoll (when he is around)
Me (Lirnev, Cohonil, Beloch)

There is also Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle..

My favorite classes are Brigand and Swashbuckler, but my SK is in the 60s now. I also 2-box my 80 Defiler around. Fun times!
Corrected!
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Oh yeah....well, Kilmoll usually comes back for a time. I forgot the Sherwood folks are playing WoW or Yahtzee or something now. :P

Hey Dale - Make an alt man. I am toying around with running 2 instances on my laptop. Created a dirge to bot along!!1
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

There's still a large contingent of Veeshan folks on Permafrost (League of the Ignoble Liver).
I was recently in a group that had only 1 non-veeshan person.

:)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I will probably be on from time to time again once I get a new HD. I'm on permafrost too, with miir, etc.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Pretty sure Kilmoll canceled his account.

I know Sylvos and Siren are busy offline mostly. I think the WoW is just casual. I even reactivated Ashur thanks to a Scroll of Resurrection promo offer (10-day reactivation)

I had to fucking rename him when he was moved to Black Dragonflight!

I logged him in and found him on his slow-ass warg in Orgrimmar, and he is still buffed with the AE buff that took place when you turned in Onyxia's head back in the day. 20 levels below most of the people that I saw and within minutes I was invited to a (pickup?) Onyxia raid and I was SORELY tempted to go, hahahaha. I think that's one fight I still remember.

Anyway, back on EQ2 - our guild La Cosa Nostra (LCN) raids 4x a week and when I'm not raiding I'm *usually* offline due to other commitments, but I'll try to get back in. Not so much for alts (I never was a big alt-player), but for Mentor AAs or to get caught up on this new shit they added in Lavastorm and get flagged for the x2 and x4 raid zones.
- Ash
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I still have an active account. I killed the warden account and when I have played here and there it has been on the bruiser.
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

Expect a large series of /pokes next time you're on Ash!

Anyway,

About one week in I'm up to lvl 35(Yeah got a little addicted this week) and enjoying it a bunch.. Went through Splitpaw last night to get my access and do the arena instance which was pretty fun..Ive been exploring and doing some quests lately. Shooting for 40 by next week and we'll see where it goes from there!
Timmah.

Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

So it only took a month to get my Assassin to 80 and in T1 gear.. 75-80 sucked.. And of course I picked the class with the worst epic/mythical quest in the game(from what I hear).. Soooooo looking foward to that..

Ash did you ever come back? Need to get you on some shard runs..
Timmah.

Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Soreali wrote:Ash did you ever come back? Need to get you on some shard runs..
Actually... nope. Too much going on. I gave my account to a guy in our guild. As for shard runs once I got the bear pet and they added drops in raid zones, I hadn't been on one. Getting the raid armor is easier than getting the t3 armor :)
- Ash
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Dude, you shoulda rolled on Perma. :?