Jay Cutler to be Traded

What do you think about the sports world?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Jay Cutler to be Traded

Post by Canelek »

Well, this sucks!

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f8ad57

Not sure I have so much confidence in the new head coach... granted, Cutler didn't handle things so well, but Bellichick Jr tried to be big bellichick and FAILED.

With the way things are going, I bet he tries to salvage Chris Simms... I'd take the diabetic over the albino any day.

BLECH!
en kærlighed småkager
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Jay Cutler to be Traded

Post by Trek »

But you have Dawkins! You guys are fine.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

How many freaking RBs do the Broncos have? That's always their problem. Too many RBs.

They got

Arrington
Buckhalter
LaMont Jordan
Selvin Young
Ryan Torian

wtf
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

You forgot the best one of the bunch-- Peyton Hillis!

I am just bummed because I really like Jay's potential, as well as his awesome 13-1 record when the defense didn't give the game away.

Ah well!

Maybe a trade to Cleveland for Quinn and Rodgers?? That would make me feel better. Plus, Quinn has a better personality to handle the pressure of being the QB in a state where John Elway is still a deity.
en kærlighed småkager
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I think they should trade him to the Lions for the #1 draft pick, which they could then use on a RB!
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Why in the world would you waste a #1 on a RB? Much better trading down and getting a couple extra picks....use your highest pick on the O-line and then address the rest of the weakneses.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Sylvus wrote:I think they should trade him to the Lions for the #1 draft pick, which they could then use on a RB!
You don't think Daunte is the man?

What a huge fuckup by Mcdaniels though: Cassel may be a decent QB (how will he do on a medeocre team instead of the Evil Empire?) but he's not much of an upgrade, if any, over what he had in Cutler. Now he won't have either. Nice move for the new regime in Denver to start on, makes me wonder: is Mcdaniels related to Matt Millen?
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Why in the world would you waste a #1 on a RB? Much better trading down and getting a couple extra picks....use your highest pick on the O-line and then address the rest of the weakneses.
It was a joke because of Denver's love of RB's. I don't give a shit what anyone does with the #1 pick, I just don't want the Lions to waste it. Much better that they trade it and get a proven QB, instead of blowing it on Stafford or some other bust, like every other QB the Lions have ever drafted.

Go Blue!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Well, that is why many Broncos fans refer to the new coach as McDumbass now...

Cassell is a pretty decent QB, but he is not even close to as good as Cutler, at least not yet. For all his lack of media savvy and moodiness, the kid is going to be one of the the top 3 or 4 quaterbacks in the league within a few years.

As for Detroit, I just can't see Bowlen wanting to spend #1 pick money on Stafford so I doubt that trade wil happen. also, Millen or no, Detroit will draft a receiver at #1, lawl.

Best bet, imo, is to pursue Brady Quinn and Shawn Rodgers for Cutler and maybe a 3rd round pick.

This whole scenario is retarded. I knew things were looking shaky when McDumbass's first order of business was to dismantle the league's #2 offense.
en kærlighed småkager
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

Canelek wrote: the kid is going to be one of the the top 3 or 4 quaterbacks in the league within a few years.
Want to make a friendly wager on that Cane? I'm smelling this decades version of Jeff George. The boy wonder with an incredibly strong arm, but thinks too highly of himself, is a cry baby, and makes horrible decisions at the wrong time on the field.

Just sayin.... get rid of him now while you can still get something for him (Which in reality was about 4 weeks ago!).
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Canoe wrote:
Canelek wrote: the kid is going to be one of the the top 3 or 4 quaterbacks in the league within a few years.
Want to make a friendly wager on that Cane? I'm smelling this decades version of Jeff George. The boy wonder with an incredibly strong arm, but thinks too highly of himself, is a cry baby, and makes horrible decisions at the wrong time on the field.

Just sayin.... get rid of him now while you can still get something for him (Which in reality was about 4 weeks ago!).
I dunno Dingy, ALL QBs think highly of themselves at that level or they usually don't have the drive to make it. And to be honest when has Cutler's decision making been flawed? He's been on a team with attrocious defenses and thats been the problem in Denver: from everything I've seen Cutler's actually blossomed sooner and turned into a better player than most people were expecting. As for him being a crybaby, thats relative: how would you feel if your boss started advertising for people to replace you with no notice and after you'd been performing pretty well? I'm not normally terribly sympathetic to athletes demanding trades but this was an organization fucking up. Your tune will change when he plays for the Jets and you can watch him more :P
Wulfran Moondancer
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

so that's why someone kept saying "Fuck Jay Cutler" in LFG chat yesterday
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Top 5 is a stretch...his stats show it, except for his picks...but when you are on a throwing team with a terrible run offense, along with a defense that puts you in catchup mode 50% of the time...your throwing stats are going to look better than average.

Jay Cutler is an average to above average QB. Great he is not. The reason I say he's not top 5 is because I would NEVER want him on my team...I want a leader, a fighter, and a winner. He's a god damn follower, a blamer, and a fucken whiner. If he were a real "top 5" qb, this shit would never bother him. You just go out and do your job and get paid. If you're that good, you will succeed, and the newspapers will call the new couch a fucken moron for even bringing up the idea of trading you.

If you're not a leader...well...you whine and complain to the point that you became a cancer to your team, before 7 on 7 drills even started! he gets paid millions, and instead of just going out and proving why they shouldn't consider trading, he ran to mommy media for help. Now he looks like a loser, and only cancer teams want him.

If I were a denver fan, I wouldn't pick sides, but I will say he must go now that the rift has been created. The mask is off, and the true depth of Cutler's character is shown for the world to see...as a team, you don't want any part of that media circus he made.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Kyle freaking Orton? WTF?

Sure hope they pick a QB in the draft! Getting 1st rounders this year and next from Chicago, a 3rd rounder this year. All for Cutler and a 5th rounder.

Really though...not sure if Kyle Orton is quite the quarterback of the future for Denver...
en kærlighed småkager
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

Canelek wrote:Kyle freaking Orton? WTF?

Sure hope they pick a QB in the draft! Getting 1st rounders this year and next from Chicago, a 3rd rounder this year. All for Cutler and a 5th rounder.

Really though...not sure if Kyle Orton is quite the quarterback of the future for Denver...
I'm "Guessing" They will use one of those 1st rounders on a QB of the "future", and try and make due with Orton or Simms for a year or two.

Just a guess.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

LOL @ make due with Orton, good thing you have a lot of RB's. I think they would be better offer using a RB as a QB
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Do not doubt the Neckbeard!

Go Blue!
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I think Denver made out really well in that trade...that's a lot of draft picks! Plus the worlds best drunk QB!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Orton may be a decent QB with _enver. They generally protect their QB fairly well and their receivers are pretty good. They may not put up a top rated passing offense, but Orton won in Chicago with a pathetic offense. I think he may be a mild surprise.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I thought the trade was that
Denver gives up
Cutler and 3rd round pick

Chicago gives up
Orton and 1st round pick this year and 1st round pick next year.

Regardless. The Bears just made that leap to almost becoming a complete team. All they need for Cutler are some recievers. They have the running game and the defense already. Now they have a credible passer.
This is painful for me to say but I think at this moment in time they are the best in the division, followed closely by the Vikings.

I think Cutler is awesome...on paper. I think a lot of that comes from having Brandon Marshall on his team last year.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Imagine Cutler with Fitzgerald and Boldin as his wideouts. ooooooo
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I thought the trade was that
Denver gives up
Cutler and 3rd round pick

Chicago gives up
Orton and 1st round pick this year and 1st round pick next year.

Regardless. The Bears just made that leap to almost becoming a complete team. All they need for Cutler are some recievers. They have the running game and the defense already. Now they have a credible passer.
This is painful for me to say but I think at this moment in time they are the best in the division, followed closely by the Vikings.

I think Cutler is awesome...on paper. I think a lot of that comes from having Brandon Marshall on his team last year.
Nope...

Denver gave:

Cutler + 5th Round Pick (2009)

Chicago gave:

First Round Pick (2009)
Third Round Pick (2009)
First Round Pick (2010)
KYLE FUCKING ORTON

-----------

I dunno, after so many years of post-Elway Denver doldrums, I was hoping to see what McDumbass could do with Cutler and the excellent O-Line. With a decent defense, it could have been a special team.... of course, that is all on paper, and that means basically fuckall.

And Kilmoll, yes, I tend to agree. The Denver O-Line gave up 11 sacks last season. An upright QB is a happy QB. We will see how it pans out. With the New England offense, it really doesn't take a ricket-arm QB to win. It is all about excellent game planning and asstrickery. Who knows, maybe neckbeard will flourish....maybe not. Maybe the hardest thing for me is saying goodbye to the west coast offense! :P
en kærlighed småkager
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Kyle Orton > Jay Cutler

The Broncos made out great with that deal.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Dude what?? :P
en kærlighed småkager
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Jay Cutler reminds me of Terrell Owens. That is all.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I do think Orton will be fine in _enver. Now they can spend some picks to get some defense and shore up other holes and win the pathetic excuse of a conference they are in. Before last season, if you were in New England and were given a choice of Orton or Cassell, I think you would have taken Orton. Last year, Orton and Cutler had very similar TD and INT ratios, their QB ratings were both in the same ballpark (Cutler was 86 and Orton was 80) Orton was sacked at more than double the rate Cutler was and Denver had a MUCH more potent rushing attack to keep defenses honest.

You can also look at the difference in receiver talent. If Orton had those receivers, what kind of numbers would he have put up while being able to stand in the pocket and throw? The other real big difference is that Orton is a winner and Cutler is a loser. Overall records for games they started....Orton was 21-13 and Cutler was 17-20. I think you might get a pleasant surprise this year.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I really don't think Cutler is quite at Owens level (yet). The situation was handled poorly by all involved.

Anyway, that overall record can also be dissected a bit due to defense.

Jay was like 7-1 when the defense gave up less than 30 points. No need to split hairs though--both guys are young and we still have yet to see the new scenarios.
en kærlighed småkager
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Maybe Favre will come back and be Denver's QB?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Oh, I don't think the Denver brass is too hip on Bus Cook at the moment. Also, Farve in retirement means Korheiser just may stop fucking gushing about him ALL THE TIME.

Still think Brady Quinn would have been a good choice, but oh well....

Hoping Raji drops to 12 in the draft.... or Denver can package a deal to take Sanchez at QB (probably top 5).
en kærlighed småkager
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I think the Packers are eyeballing Raji. That's all they are talking about on the radio these days here. All the good Offensive Linemen will be gone by the 9th pick so Raji will drop to us by default.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Anquan Boldin wants out of Arizona and the Cardinals are listening to offers. Who's getting him?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Hard to say. There are some teams that are looking for receivers in the early draft rounds... Oakland and I think ST Louis for instance.
en kærlighed småkager
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Winnow wrote:Anquan Boldin wants out of Arizona and the Cardinals are listening to offers. Who's getting him?
I hope to god the fucking Eagles.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aardor wrote:
Winnow wrote:Anquan Boldin wants out of Arizona and the Cardinals are listening to offers. Who's getting him?
I hope to god the fucking Eagles.

I can easily picture Boldin in an Eagles uniform. Almost seems natural.
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I think the Packers are eyeballing Raji. That's all they are talking about on the radio these days here. All the good Offensive Linemen will be gone by the 9th pick so Raji will drop to us by default.

Its so weird hearing people talk about him. I graduated with him was relatively good friends with him while we were in HS.. When I heard the shit come out about him failing a drug test at the combine I was so pissed off with him because he was a better person than that..
Timmah.

Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Eagles pick up Jason Peters. I can't help but be excited. We have to give up some draft picks and give him a big contract, but he's young, healthy and really good, so it seems worth it, as long as he performs.

I wouldn't necessarily mind seeing the Eagles give up more draft picks to also get Boldin. The O-line is pretty solid now, personnel wise. Signing Peters gives us two definite tackles, which in turn makes the guard situation look better because no guards will have to shift outside. If everyone could stay healthy and perform, the offense could be really good, with McNabb behind a good offensive line, with Westbrook in the backfield (with our new fullback) and Boldin, Jackson and Curtis the primary receivers. Tight end situation won't be great. And we could use the second round pick that we'd probably still have to draft either an inside runner or a tight end.

Of course, counting on McNabb and Westbrook to stay healthy is dicey. And the defense is going to have to make do without Brian Dawkins. And we'd be trading away an awful lot of draft picks, which is usually not smart.

Anyway, it's nice to get a guy like Peters. I guess this means that Winston Justice was not the answer. I hope that poor guy redeems himself or he'll be a punchline in Philadelphia forever.

I also kind of agree with Kilmoll's take on the Broncos situation. I think Orton will do pretty well there.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Soreali wrote:
Bubba Grizz wrote:I think the Packers are eyeballing Raji. That's all they are talking about on the radio these days here. All the good Offensive Linemen will be gone by the 9th pick so Raji will drop to us by default.

Its so weird hearing people talk about him. I graduated with him was relatively good friends with him while we were in HS.. When I heard the shit come out about him failing a drug test at the combine I was so pissed off with him because he was a better person than that..

I think those were just rumors.... some friend you are!
en kærlighed småkager
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I know the Bears are looking for receivers to go with their new franchise QB. I'd hate to see Boldin in a Bears uniform.

Soreali, if he does become a Packer you need to hit him up for tickets and come to a game. The tailgating is spectacular.
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

Canelek wrote:
Soreali wrote:

I think those were just rumors.... some friend you are!

Yeah I read a release he had made after which was a bit more comforting.. It just didnt feel right hearing that because he stayed clear of that stuff in HS.

And Bubba, I went to WI once in January to get my puppy, thats enough for me :D
Timmah.

Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The only thing colder than Wisconsin in winter is Dick Cheney's heart.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/n ... id=4088495

Very glad to read that..hope he goes #6 or 7 like Kiper was saying he would.
Timmah.

Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Hey Canno,

Is it OK that I laughed that the Broncos first round pick was a RB? :p
Wulfran Moondancer
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

wft? The Cardinals draft a gimpy RB from OhioSU?

Hope his pro career goes better than Greg Oden's.

Hmmmm, if he can say healthy, Beanie Wells does appear to be a bruiser type RB. Some very nice stiff arms, spin moves, and broken tackles. Very elusive for a big man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-0mlHNP5u8

OK, I'm warming up this this guy being a member of the NFC Champion Arizona Cardinals. Impressive highlight video of just stiff arms from Wells. He looks like one tough dude to tackle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f718Ei0TAck
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Winnow wrote:wft? The Cardinals draft a gimpy RB from OhioSU?

Hope his pro career goes better than Greg Oden's.

Hmmmm, if he can say healthy, Beanie Wells does appear to be a bruiser type RB. Some very nice stiff arms, spin moves, and broken tackles. Very elusive for a big man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-0mlHNP5u8

OK, I'm warming up this this guy being a member of the NFC Champion Arizona Cardinals. Impressive highlight video of just stiff arms from Wells. He looks like one tough dude to tackle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f718Ei0TAck
He has been hurt but even hurt he is a monster. A stiff arm that can people dead in their tracks, and just shifty enough to put some moves on those he chooses not to run over.

Jumping over guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMRuwXoVmhs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQxSMOv ... re=related
Sabek
Just Sabek