Decade of decadence

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Re: Decade of decadence

Post by Soreali »

Aslanna wrote:You must not have known the TRUTH about Farstorm.
Oh I did... We were sworn to secrecy upon receiving loot.
Timmah.

Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Soreali wrote:Pretty soon Meekee got me into an awesome guild called the Ring of Shadows (omg hi Ash!1!).
/wave. We were originally a bunch of UUNET (I think at the time, maybe we were still CompuServe Network Services?) guys in a tiny guild called Mercenaries of Fate, but one of our members was good friends with Alex, the guild leader of some Dark Elf named guild and we merged to become RoS. It was a lot of fun.
Soreali wrote:Joined Kratos with my old friends
I always thought Kratos sounded like a German snack food. I would regularly tell Sabek this. Ich möchte einige kratos essen!
- Ash
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

Ashur wrote:
Soreali wrote:Pretty soon Meekee got me into an awesome guild called the Ring of Shadows (omg hi Ash!1!).
/wave. We were originally a bunch of UUNET (I think at the time, maybe we were still CompuServe Network Services?) guys in a tiny guild called Mercenaries of Fate, but one of our members was good friends with Alex, the guild leader of some Dark Elf named guild and we merged to become RoS. It was a lot of fun.
Soreali wrote:Joined Kratos with my old friends
I always thought Kratos sounded like a German snack food. I would regularly tell Sabek this. Ich möchte einige kratos essen!

Everytime I hear Tiny Dancer by Elton John I still think of Rhadgast... And would that Dark Elf go by the name of Dalmoth?

I still remember the /roll to see who would take the first DT from Inno up in PoH.. such good times.
Timmah.

Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Not Dalmoth, someone altogether different, the DE Rogue who was GL before Dal took over... Cyric?
- Ash
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

It was cyric, and I think the guild that merged with the CompuServe guild, Mercenaries of Fate, was Olath or somesuch Emo DE name.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Canelek wrote:I remember racing home from work when someone called me saying the last SK epic mob was up in CoM. Weekend-long Air-Raids... Grats Emperarar, etc...
lol, I remember taking super fast showers so that I could be done by the time my mana regened.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Can't do that these days. 3 minutes to regen from empty to full. That's not near enough time to wash, shampoo, and condition! Unless you're raiding I guess and get a 5 minute out of combat timer. That gets you 8 minutes!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zone I fell asleep in the most during raids: Plane of Earth

Something about that zone knocked me right out!
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Probably all the shades of brown and the tribal/new age music.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Armadillos....ugh
en kærlighed småkager
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

I only fell asleep playing once surprisingly.. It was when I was around lvl 20-25.. Was in LOIO... Was solo'ing by the sarnak fort on the side wall..dozed off...I was awoken to getting beat on like four hours later.. and i lived! I used to love LOIO and Fronteir Mountains.. spent some much time lvling through kunark..
Timmah.

Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

I actually never fell asleep at the comp, but I do remember raport kiting in Timorous Deep, took about ten minutes to med to full and wait for repops after a kite, and I would set the egg timer to 10 minutes and doze off between them
Fortune favors the brave!
Legenae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

Aslanna wrote:You must not have known the TRUTH about Farstorm.
:lol:
Soreali wrote: I was and you guys were awesome!! Hi Legs!
Hi Soreali!

All this old EQ talk plus chatting with a few co-workers who still play is making me miss the game to the point where I want to install it again just to run around old favorite zones. I quit shortly after PoP. Velious was my favorite expansion, Kunark a close second. Good times! I met my husband on EQ and now have a 5 month old daughter. :)
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I don't have anything constructive to add, other than I was notorious for falling asleep at the computer during our EQ days.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Truant wrote:I don't have anything constructive to add, other than I was notorious for falling asleep at the computer during our EQ days.
I can vouch for this.
Soreali wrote: I still remember the /roll to see who would take the first DT from Inno up in PoH.. such good times.
Why bother with rolls? Just bring Voronwë and it's taken care of. I swear he was a DT magnet.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Bards were good for that too
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

Rangers were the best for it.. not like they were needed anyway! :D
Timmah.

Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Also, you did NOT want to be the person on a wipe who forgot to consent me.......
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Hahahahaha. Indeed. CONSENT, FUCKERS.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Christ, just looked at teh CD roster and realized I know like 6 of those names.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Yeah, I logged in last summer during the "free time," and I think I recognized the name of one person online. That person had apparently just been afk in the guild hall forever.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote:Yeah, I logged in last summer during the "free time," and I think I recognized the name of one person online. That person had apparently just been afk in the guild hall forever.
Nothing wrong with going AFK in the guild hall!

--
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

When did EQ1 add guild halls?
- Ash
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Dragons of Norrath I think. I left before that one.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Snooze you lose!

--
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Aslanna wrote:Snooze you lose!
Yep, SOE snoozed and lost (customers)
- Ash
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

They didn't lose me. Sounds like a win in my book!

--
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Only zone I ever fell asleep in was Plane of Sky. Marathon farming sessions of d00m!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

10 years later... Yeh it's been a long time and it's not the same game, but I'm back again and having fun! (/wave asslanna)

I was considering eq2 because you could solo if you wanted, but the new mercs make soloing easy as pie. No longer will you ever have to sit in a zone spamming "Mage LFG" for hours on end. On the flip side however, gone are the days of getting that perfect group going where time and xp just fly by. Have yet to form a "real" group since ive been back (with the exception of a 6 man anguish raid to finish my mage epic).

The fishcake song brings back memories, doubt if i sang it now anyone would get it. Lotsa new faces, very very few old ones.

For anyone who was Pravus Dei, nothing will top that comedic moment when an SK was chosen to rush Inny to absorb the DT and "Inuruuk shouts "MOMOPI!""

Poor poor Momopi Down.
Sick Balls!
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Aslanna wrote:I thought the OoW expansion overall was pretty decent. Definitely made up for GoD at least. Some people actually like the GoD expansion but meh.. I hated the models... The zones... The lamer than usual (imo) flagging crap.. Can't really think of anything I liked about it.

How times have changed. I actually soloed the Plane of Earth rings the other day because I was bored and just to see if I could. I whipped through them faster than I ever did while raiding.

I played up through Depths of Darkhollow, which had a raiding curve so steep in a game in such a declining state, that it literally wiped out CoE, at which point there was no reason for me to play EQ anymore.

I began playing right after PoP launched, so I guess I missed the "good 'ol days" - though I farmed the shit out of VT / NToV for clickies :p. That food summoning orb was one of my favorite things I've ever gotten in a video game, ever.

I may have missed out on the Guk / Sebilis crawls, but I remember some fantastic BoT trains :p. NORTH WING INC TO ENTRANCE.

Oh, and of the expansions I actually played through (PoP through DoD) Omens of War was my favorite. Although I thought it ironic that the MPG Trials were both more challenging and entertaining than anything inside of Anguish, sans OMM and maybe Jelvan. I suppose that had something to do with CoE's steep decline post-OoW though =(.

I don't care what you guys say, Leyor was the man :p.
Dragons of Norrath (February 2005) - Was a decent expansion and the first where the task system was introduced. I think. Not raids but tasks. Alt-Q hotkey! Alternate currency also made its appearance. Not sure that was a good or bad thing or not though. DoN was more of a mini-expansion really at least for raiders. There wasn't a whole lot to do overall.

Vishimitar stills ranks as one of my favorite boss encounters of all time, honestly. The rest of the raids in DoN were boring and pointless, though, and some of them were less than 54 people but you still had to complete them for the special AA thing, so it was pretty annoying at the time.

Depths of Darkhollow was awesome for group content. I farmed for the WATER (;p) elemental mask for days, but I despised the raiding content. That spider bitch and the big squid guy fucked us hard, and Vule wasn't much fun either. Again, it was probably moreso that CoE had decayed into nothing by then, but I thought the curve there was a bit steep, especially since I'm pretty sure most of the Dreadspire (I think that's what it was called) bosses were EASIER than the spider bitch. She was the only one we never got =/.

I did like some of the boss concepts in Dreadspire though. Like the one that randomly spawns as you walk down a narrow walkway that drops out of the zone, and he can knock you off and shit. Mayong himself had a really cool model too, I thought.

Didn't play much past that. Most of my raiding career was encompassed within late PoP raiding when I joined coe (they were farming Time and I got fucking stacked with gear) through that bullshit spider whore. Again, favorite encounter was probably Vishimitar, but only because we never had the coordination to beat Mata Muram (clicking masks is hard, right?).

Good times.

Oh, and Aslanna - does Fen still play?
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Jarori Bloodletter »

Im playing eq1 again and im having a blast, WoW is soo fing boring its hidious. I lvl'd a DE Cleric to 85 and boxing a Shaman, and sometimes Playing Jar (3rd box) . I really tryed getting into Age of Conan, Runes and a few others but they really dont hold my intrest for more than a month or so.

Hell I even pulled out Menluen my very first charactor (I wanted to be uber like Diae ) back in the day lol, hes 59 ranger heh.

Emgug 85 Cleric
Grenouilleiae 81 shaman
Jarori 66 Rogue
Luclin Server, stop in say hi~
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I played around with the game some when it was initially released, but didn't get into it. Some friends talked me into giving it another chance when Velious was released, and I got hooked. I kept it pretty casual early on, playing around in guilds like Evil Dynasty, Divine Transcendence and Legacy of Virtues, and then got more into raiding with Farstorm, even though that was pretty consistently an expansion or two off the bleeding edge for the first year or two that I was with them. I played pretty heavily until late fall of 06. I had been sharing raid leader responsibilities with another officer in Kratos, and after he left I was pretty much leading every raid, and burned out pretty fast. At about the same time, real life constraints significantly limited my time available for raiding, so I've been pretty inactive since then. I've kept my account active and log in from time to time. I also goof off a little in EQ2 as well, but still lack the time or desire to do much more than log in and say hi to old friends.

Looking back, I think my favorite memories in EQ were before the FS/PD merger. I always had great fun racing PD to Luclin & PoP raid targets. Fighting over Ssra raids and VT targets was great fun. Once we got friendly and teamed up, the game lost a little of its spark. I wasn't that into PoP, partly because this was the early days of Kratos, and before natural attrition mitigated the zerg affect. By the time our numbers got back down to sane levels, we were working on GoD & OoW stuff, and I really had a lot of fun with those two expansions. GoD was a mess as it was released, but after it got tuned up a bit, I really enjoyed it. I had great fun working through the trials to get Tacvi access, and the first time we cleared Tacvi and dropped Tunat was a pretty special memory. I agree with Bagar that Vish was a pretty fun raid. I liked the DoN dragons a lot, even the gimpy Tirranun and his shitty loot. I think the last raid I attended was the spider Queen in DoD progression, whatever her name was. I had reached total burnout and needed to take a break, which I intended to only last for a week or three, but turned into 2.5 years and counting when RL obligations shifted.

Instancing, teleporter travel and the bazaar did a lot to kill what was really cool about EQ, imo.

Lately we've been spending more of our free time around the house while Nneena is preggers, so I've been logging into the game a bit more frequently. I still don't have the time to spend raiding with the old guild mates, but I have been having a little fun with a couple of twinks & their cleric mercenaries. The gear that I see linked in guild chat is insane, and it's not even the bleeding edge stuff. I've bought for my warrior and beastlord a kit of gear that is, in nearly every slot, Anguish quality without even spending a lot of plat. I don't play my old mains much at this point because with my limited play time, being 10 levels and 1000 AAs behind the curve seems like a pretty insurmountable barrier to getting back into things. Especially now that every slot of my gear is now crap! haha
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

I think it's funny in retrospect that SOE was taking a chance because you needed a 3D card to play it. I think I had a p2 300 with my 3DFX card when I started. Nothing like looking at my old screenshots with my postage stamp window in either 640x480 or 800x600. I can't believe how much time I spent playing. Chid only got to level 41 w/ ~40 days played because I had trouble getting groups. So then came Bordan my shammie to do early raids w/ RoS. After some 50 days played on him, I wanted to tank. Gorjah played w/ a family guild that escapes me and went through PoP w/ Farstorm after that. I've tried to go back on occasion, but my plat is so devalued, my equip so lousy (the loyalty equip was a massive upgrade), and I don't have time to find groups. So that's a 70 day player rotting a a server. And for some reason, Bordan logged off last in misty thicket, and I haven't been able to get him in game when I tried a couple of months ago. Dropped out around Dragons as I was enjoying AO.
Why I like WoW so much is it's an interesting game to play with my style of playing (super casual, all ten chars don't total 16 days yet after 3+ years of playing). It's visually interesting, and even though my equip may stink compared to groupers and raiders, I always seem to improve a little each time I log in.

I loved the great groups I had in EQ. It was hardcore gamers and we had little time to deal with schmucks. I know I don't have that in WoW. But I don't have the time to do much when I can log in let alone filter through the dreck that's playing. Yet, I look forward to playing everytime I get the chance to, whether it's my alts or primaries. So it is goodbye to dark side or chardok or plane of hate/tactics /etc. Goodbye to LCX camping four hours to get our guildie a frikken PGT
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Bagar- wrote:Oh, and Aslanna - does Fen still play?
Uh.. Don't know!
Xatrei wrote:Lately we've been spending more of our free time around the house while Nneena is preggers, so I've been logging into the game a bit more frequently. I still don't have the time to spend raiding with the old guild mates, but I have been having a little fun with a couple of twinks & their cleric mercenaries. The gear that I see linked in guild chat is insane, and it's not even the bleeding edge stuff. I've bought for my warrior and beastlord a kit of gear that is, in nearly every slot, Anguish quality without even spending a lot of plat. I don't play my old mains much at this point because with my limited play time, being 10 levels and 1000 AAs behind the curve seems like a pretty insurmountable barrier to getting back into things. Especially now that every slot of my gear is now crap! haha
A lot of decent gear can be bought fairly cheap these days. The game has always had its share of mudflation but it seemed to go through the roof with the SoF expansion. And only continued with SoD but not as bad I don't think. There are 700hp+ group items and 1000hp+ raid drops. Big difference even from a few expansions ago. As a Monk I'm hitting over 40,000hp buffed now I think. I remember doing Dain raids and being at like.. 4500 hp or something. Crazy! Of course mobs also hit for a lot more so there's not a whole lot of difference being at 4000 hp and the mobs hitting for 400 than there is being at 40000 and the mobs hitting for 4000.

The game is definitely more casual friendly than it used to be. The mercenaries help out quite a bit in that area. 10 levels and 1000AA isn't even that far behind but that depends on how much one plays. One can easily make 10AA a day in probably less than 2 hours especially if you don't have a lot to begin with. There is a bonus on AA experience based on your total which I think stops at 1000AA but I'm not certain. Add that to the hot zones which also have an experience bonus. And then the Lesson vet reward if you have it which is double XP for 30 minutes.

--
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Aslanna wrote: A lot of decent gear can be bought fairly cheap these days. The game has always had its share of mudflation but it seemed to go through the roof with the SoF expansion. And only continued with SoD but not as bad I don't think. There are 700hp+ group items and 1000hp+ raid drops. Big difference even from a few expansions ago. As a Monk I'm hitting over 40,000hp buffed now I think. I remember doing Dain raids and being at like.. 4500 hp or something. Crazy! Of course mobs also hit for a lot more so there's not a whole lot of difference being at 4000 hp and the mobs hitting for 400 than there is being at 40000 and the mobs hitting for 4000.

The game is definitely more casual friendly than it used to be. The mercenaries help out quite a bit in that area. 10 levels and 1000AA isn't even that far behind but that depends on how much one plays. One can easily make 10AA a day in probably less than 2 hours especially if you don't have a lot to begin with. There is a bonus on AA experience based on your total which I think stops at 1000AA but I'm not certain. Add that to the hot zones which also have an experience bonus. And then the Lesson vet reward if you have it which is double XP for 30 minutes.
Yeah, for me the feeling of being so far behind is more a function of me being limited to logging in for an hour or so here & there. My main (necro) is 75, geared with mostly Anguish and DoD and equivalent gear from PoR and DoN and has close to 1500 AA (was basically maxed out at the time that I stopped playing regularly). No accelerated AA for me other than hotzone and lesson exp and a handful of exp potions I have still. I can nibble away at the experience gap, but catching up on gear and on factioning / progression, etc. is a pretty daunting task with the low play time. It would be a bit easier if I was able to play long enough to get into some groups, but even when I have an hour or two to kill, I usually can't sit at the comp focused for the whole time like I need to be. Catching up is kind of pointless anyway since I don't have hours to spend raiding 3 or 4 nights a week just isn't an option at this point anyway. Beyond that, I don't plan to spend a lot of time with games once the kid arrives anyway, so this is just a temporary diversion while I have a little excess free time. That said, I am having fun playing around with some alts when I do have time to play a little. I've got a warrior and a beastlord that I slapped some good quality bazaar gear on, and I can log in when I have time and have fun mucking around with stuff.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Gnomies
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gnomies »

Oh, and Aslanna - does Fen still play?
Fenwulf?

If you're talking about him, he can be found at http://www.sovereignguild.org!
Gnomies Tinkerbeans~
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Noysyrump wrote:10 years later... Yeh it's been a long time and it's not the same game, but I'm back again and having fun! (/wave asslanna)

I was considering eq2 because you could solo if you wanted, but the new mercs make soloing easy as pie. No longer will you ever have to sit in a zone spamming "Mage LFG" for hours on end. On the flip side however, gone are the days of getting that perfect group going where time and xp just fly by. Have yet to form a "real" group since ive been back (with the exception of a 6 man anguish raid to finish my mage epic).

The fishcake song brings back memories, doubt if i sang it now anyone would get it. Lotsa new faces, very very few old ones.

For anyone who was Pravus Dei, nothing will top that comedic moment when an SK was chosen to rush Inny to absorb the DT and "Inuruuk shouts "MOMOPI!""

Poor poor Momopi Down.
Ha, I remember this. That must have been like 8 or 9 years ago. Mental :O
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Chidoro wrote: Goodbye to LCX camping four hours to get our guildie a frikken PGT
My first in again out again guild :)

Heh, I was just posting on another thread when I realized that March 16th was the 10 year anniversary... damn, that was a bad weekend. I had picked up a 3d daughterboard for my video card to be able to play EQ and I fell off of Kelethin at least 10 times... damn that gamma.

A lot of great memories from EQ... dont think Ill ever game like that again.
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Yay for the original intro screen!

Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

I always liked the intro movie.
Timmah.

Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Soreali wrote:I always liked the intro movie.
Indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KtGBHGQuyE
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Eww EQ II

Here's EQ Classic stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWisI2lSc_A

This guy covers EQ classic over a series of videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfeOjW7iCsk

Watched the first one. he mentions

-Green Guild chat that was almost impossible to read
-staring at spell book
-buff icons filling up screen

Someone in comments mentioned hell levels.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Winnow wrote: -Green Guild chat that was almost impossible to read
That neon green was the easiest to read except the gold /tells.
- Ash
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Need to update the main post. 16 expansions! Underfoot (November 2009). Still think it needs 2 more words so you end up with a 3 letter acronym like PoP or GoD. A one word expansion name seems out of place.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Remember coin art when you used to be able to drop money on the ground?
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Winnow wrote:Remember coin art when you used to be able to drop money on the ground?
Or the items in Ykesha actually were 3D and you could stack them up and levitate.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Kilrain
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Kilrain »

10 years... hard to believe. Much has changed. Married a girl I met through EQ who some of you would undoubtedly know. We have two amazing kids, and a house. I was presented with a great opportunity a few years back which I jumped at. So I changed careers and became a partner of a 50 year old marketing company, employing several people across Canada.

As for EQ:

Favourite group zones: Unrest, Lower Guk, Seb. Lower Guk being my top choice. Back in the day when Ransure's trains were a daily, if not hourly affair. The camps were great, the smack talk in /ooc and /shout was hilarious, the trains legendary, and the zone was always full - day and night you could always find a group. Seb was much the same way, but old school Guk still edges it out IMO.

Favourite Raid Zones: ToV can't be beat. But I also loved the Fear break - the rest of Fear was a tad boring, but the break was intense.

Favourite Expansion: Kunark.

Quit playing around the time DoN came out.
Kilrain
Veeshan
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Kilrain wrote:Favourite group zones: Unrest, Lower Guk, Seb. Lower Guk being my top choice. Back in the day when Ransure's trains were a daily, if not hourly affair. The camps were great, the smack talk in /ooc and /shout was hilarious, the trains legendary, and the zone was always full - day and night you could always find a group. Seb was much the same way, but old school Guk still edges it out IMO.
At the end I couldnt find enough mobs to train, thats why I started pulling mino pat to lord/magi/frenzy ;)

I think I had crazier times in Seb... had some groups that couldnt be fed enough mobs.

I hope Gray is doing well Killer :)

/wave
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

What... No love for the EQ 20 year anniversary?

:(

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Here's where they are at now:

Everquest (March 16, 1999 (NA))

The Ruins of Kunark (April 24, 2000)
The Scars of Velious (December 5, 2000)
The Shadows of Luclin (December 4, 2001)
The Planes of Power (October 29, 2002)
The Legacy of Ykesha (February 25, 2003)
Lost Dungeons of Norrath (September 9, 2003)
Gates of Discord (February 10, 2004)
Omens of War (September 14, 2004)
Dragons of Norrath (February 15, 2005)
Depths of Darkhollow (September 13, 2005)
Prophecy of Ro (February 21, 2006)
The Serpent's Spine (September 19, 2006)
The Buried Sea (February 13, 2007)
Secrets of Faydwer (November 13, 2007)
Seeds of Destruction (October 21, 2008)
Underfoot (December 15, 2009)
House of Thule (October 12, 2010)
Veil of Alaris (November 15, 2011)
Rain of Fear (November 28, 2012)
Call of the Forsaken (October 8, 2013)
The Darkened Sea (October 28, 2014)
The Broken Mirror (November 18, 2015)
Empires of Kunark (November 16, 2016)
Ring of Scale (December 12, 2017)
The Burning Lands (December 11, 2018)

25 Expansions! Level cap of 110!

For the most part each expansion just gets you more/new Spells, Abilities, and AAs along with a handful of zones and raid encounters so the last 5 or so expansions have been pretty much cut and paste as far as what you're going to get.

I can't comment on the last two expansions since I believe I have finally retired for good on Mother's Day 2017. I remember it because my mother had recently passed away which was a whole ordeal just beyond the obvious. We were doing the buffing and shit preparing to raid and people were being shitty in chat "Happy Mother's Day you motherless dogs". I'm sure it was probably just a harmless comment but it really just got to me. Wrong place/wrong time and all that.

Oh and I also got a threatening /tell from a KoE person (CD has/had been co-raiding with them for a long time) which set me off. Hey, KoE, most of you guys are ok but some (or at least one for sure.. I think his name started with a k (/drama!)) of the raid leaders (at the time) were lame as fuck. Regardless, at that time I did a /quit and that was it. I doubt I received any DKP for showing up!

I have logged in once or twice since then just to see what's up but I could tell the desire to play, nor the time to do so, was no longer there.

--