Poll: Obama rating slips

What do you think about the world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Poll: Obama rating slips

Post by Winnow »

I knew you'd come around and appreciate my humor. There's more where that came from!
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

angie harmon is the only hot girl on that list
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

OMG market tanking big time.. Thanks Obama!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

This is Obama's Katrina.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

It's back to normal, THANKS OBAMA!
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Even after a truly lousy week setting up an even lousier next week due to instability, the market is still 10%-15% inflated. I think this is going to be a good week to not be in the stock market unless you are ready for a ton of instability.

I know everyone jokes about this stuff, but the stock market is a truly awful indicator of the health of the overall economy and should never be quoted as such. The stock market may trend with economic optimism, but it really values the worth of corporations. If, for example, we gave all publically listed companies subsidies on buying real estate, the market would go way up. . .but it would be bad for the economy. It is far, far, far from a true proxy of the health of the economy. . .especially if you are not rich.

Unemployment is the big one. Tax burden is another. I guess I would look at cost of living compared to wages earned as another important metric.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

There is still huge manipulation going on in the markets. I see stocks dropped 25% for no reason at all over a two day period with a gap down or with only a scant few minutes before a major plunge.

It's still an "in the know" business because because eps, and other indicators are completely worthless. Earnings reports can be stellar and stocks still still plunge.

The 900 point dive in less than five minutes on a "typo" should remind everyone how vulnerable the stock market is to manipulation.

It's not Obama's fault but he could be doing more to correct things. Naked shorting is destroying the markets. Longs simply have no chance of squeezing out poor short positions when the government turns its back on naked shorting. How can you ever beat someone that can short as much as they want?...doesn't matter if there are actual shares available or not.

Shorting is a part of the market, and is a good thing when properly regulated. Until it is, they should restrict shorting again.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Winnow wrote:It's not Obama's fault
:shock:
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Amazing what photoshop can do. They removed the cig completely from the pic!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

So I was watching CNN tonight and I actually heard them criticize Obama over the administrations response to the catastrophe in the BP oil spill. I know Obama's followers will say he is not responsible, but those same people would have called Bush on the carpet for this.

It was amazing to actually see CNN take Obama to task for this. I wonder if this is finally the moment when people realize that regardless of Race, party or any other difference, these idiots are all the same..."meet the new boss, same as the old boss."
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Exactly how could have he better dealt with this?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bush/McCain wouldn't have hesitated to use weapons of mass destruction on the problem. A bunker buster or small tactical nuke would have saved a lot of oil slicked grief in the gulf.

Obama has done jack shit. He's worthless as president. You people should be ashamed for being duped by his "yes we can" rhetoric. Fucking preachy speech giving, full of hot air, etc.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Winnow wrote:Bush/McCain wouldn't have hesitated to use weapons of mass destruction on the problem. A bunker buster or small tactical nuke would have saved a lot of oil slicked grief in the gulf.

Obama has done jack shit. He's worthless as president. You people should be ashamed for being duped by his "yes we can" rhetoric. Fucking preachy speech giving, full of hot air, etc.
My bank can't charge me over draft fees any more. Thanks Obama!
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

miir wrote:Exactly how could have he better dealt with this?

He could grow some balls and empower the EPA to do something other then wagging their fingers at BP. So let me get this straight Miir, Bush is a moron, but so powerful that he purposely held back FEMA, but Obama is a genius and therefore has no power to force a response?

I know there is no major loss of human life, but how is the governments response to this any different to the hurricane response. Mind you, I don't actually think Obama is solely responsible, but the Bush bashers don't get to have it both ways.

I would love to see an actual decision made by our stupid ass elected officials, they are too busy worrying about their BP lobby money to push for an actual solution, the beloved Obama included. Instead his administration is letting BP experiment with possible solutions.

Oh yeah, didn't Obama just approved oil production in formerly protected areas, the largest expansion ever allowed? I guess Bush never really left office after all.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Gzette wrote:
Winnow wrote:Bush/McCain wouldn't have hesitated to use weapons of mass destruction on the problem. A bunker buster or small tactical nuke would have saved a lot of oil slicked grief in the gulf.

My bank can't charge me over draft fees any more. Thanks Obama!
Right, they just refuse the charge if you don't have the funds. This is a totally acceptable option. You opt-in for overdraft protection and accept the fees or you don't and don't receive the additional expensive short-term lending to cover a shortfall.
- Ash
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The oil spill is BP's chicken, they get to fuck it.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Spang wrote:The oil spill is BP's chicken, they get to fuck it.
I call bullshit on this one. Yes they need to fix it, but the if Bush was in office, you and several others on this board would be blaming the Bush administration on their lack of response. We both know that is true. Obama's free passes are over...or better yet, the Obama admin can just say they are working on it, but that they inherited it from the Bush years, so there is not much they can do, it seemed to work a number of other times.

I voted Obama, would not have mattered if I voted McCain, same President in the end.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

It's a horrible situation, but it's not life threatening on the scale that Katrina and Bush's response were.

You can try and pretend they're the same and should generate the same outrage, but it just sounds to me like you're reaching.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

I am saying he seems to be getting a free pass on everything. No one wants to criticize him. If they disagree with him, the easy thing is to stay quiet. If you think he is doing something right, then scream to the sky and declare him King.

I have said before, many times. Bush sucked, but if we always blamed things on him, then why has Obama gotten a free pass? I think I would feel better about Obama if some of his biggest followers admitted when he made a mistake once or twice. He is far from perfect, we all are far from perfect.

For the record, while the HUMAN loss of life is zero, the environmental impact to the area may take decades to clear up. I am sorry if I think that deserves some major attention.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Oh no, I quite agree with that last.

But to make a comparison of degree; after you've left a husband that beats you every week, you bitch less about one that leaves his shoes in the hallway, for a while.

Obama's honeymoon will finish, but on the other hand I think he has far less direct responsibility for this oil leak (wouldn't that be EPA or other existing government bodies?) than Bush had for directing FEMA. Not to mention the oil leak didn't take a week to arrive with a known likely outcome.

It's not like nothing has been tried and there's been no action. I'm not sure what direct action you think the government should be taking in managing a situation that has planned countermeasures which are being tried? (as I understand it)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If you recall back when Katrina hit, there was another huge ecological disaster that the US Government had just responded to. I can't even remember what it was...either flooding in the midwest, or some other hurricane...it was a rough year for national emergencies and a couple right before Katrina has turned out to be pretty harmless. You can't place Katrina in it's own little perfect situation for disaster relief...one or two good sized relief efforts had just taken place for other emergencies. On top of that. You should have to sign a release form to live in the New Orleans area, acknowledging that you're living below sea level give up all rights to federal aid.

I remember very well that the slow relief effort was due in large part to previous relief efforts right before Katrina hit.

Obama sucks ass.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

What's a president to do when he "takes charge"?
1) Find the experts in deep sea oil pipe leaks.
2) Realise they work for the deep sea oil drilling companies.
3) Call those oil companies in! Oh wait, BP are all ready there, doing this, using probably some of the best experts available anywhere in the world.

I'm not saying don't kick some arse, but all I can see it doing up until now is slowing things down.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Two things,

One, I am trying hard to mix things up here, I was bored and sitting here in a cast thinking of something too do while I eat "Space" cookies and wait to get a new cast today.

Two,

There is some merit to what I said, Obama has as much control of the EPA as Bush had of FEMA. It is time to stop dicking around and do something about this. I also don't believe that EVERY possible source for a solution works for the oil companies. I do think that EVERY single elected official works for them though.

I have not decided my feelings about Obama, I am not overly impressed, but the reason is that he has done very little with his support. He has majority congress, he had voter love and the only thing he has passed was a health bill he had to change to garner the votes he needed. Seems highly ineffective so far.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Tyek wrote:He could grow some balls and empower the EPA to do something other then wagging their fingers at BP.
What can the EPA do that already isn't being done? How are they being "held back"? Do you have an example? If the EPA were suddenly granted the entire power of every world govenrment on the planet, how would that change anything?

My anger at this administration was that they took BP at their word and the spill was, what, 10x worse than they said? Then I found out that the government didn't take their word for it and exposed the real severity of the situation on the 2nd day. /shrug It's a really fucking bad situation, but I really do think everything that can be done is being done.

The comparisons to Katrina are laughable. There is no link what-so-ever.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

So if you GOPers are calling this "Obama's Katrina" does that mean you are finally willing to admit that Bush fucked up horrendously with Hurrican Katrina?
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Jice Virago wrote:So if you GOPers are calling this "Obama's Katrina" does that mean you are finally willing to admit that Bush fucked up horrendously with Hurrican Katrina?
Are there any GOPers around, other than Winnow?

I know they're the vocal majority on the only other forum I frequent (cbr1100xx.org), but that place makes VV seem far left, when I tend to think of most of us as centre-left..
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Why so many people take their personal values and mutate them into some ironed out stance, the likes of which has some basis in a system of lefts and rights as dictated by the powerful few, I will never understand. To me, it seems unpatriotic to imply that the bipartisan system has all the answers (or is even the best option available). And thus, who the fuck cares if Winnow is GoP or VV is left-centre leaning.

Not to pick on Zael or anything. To me, any discussion of the sort is that big, dead bug on my windshield that merely smears when wipers are used to remove it.

:vv_bitching:
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Pretty much because it prepares you for the reaction of a viewpoint in a given group.

Or do you just wade in and discuss your opinion of the best lubricant for anal sex at a church picnic because it was on your mind at the time?

As for my post, I was just curious which GOPers Jice was talking to..

I also think it's vitally important to know how shallow your pool of opinion is.. if all you do is watch FOX news, you risk thinking "everyone" thinks that way, and I would imagine the same problem if all you read is the Huff Post.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

I assume he is referring to me. Based on my posts in only this thread?

I have always said I was a registered Republican, but I would have hoped anyone paying attention would notice I have always been middle of the road. I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

I guess if one questions Obama then they are labeled to be one of the way right conservatives. I find it humorous since these same people tended to say questioning the President was acceptable and necessary when Bush was in office.

My main point on this issue is simple. The people who constantly blamed Bush for EVERYTHING, ignoring the Democratic majority in congress, are now staying completely quiet when it is perfectly understandable if they were to question him. He has not delivered on many of his promises. He has been largely ineffective with a strong congressional support. I am concerned when he loses seats how he will fare.

As for Fox News, I could not even tell you the channel it is on.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Jice Virago wrote:So if you GOPers are calling this "Obama's Katrina" does that mean you are finally willing to admit that Bush fucked up horrendously with Hurrican Katrina?
I don't find any fault in either President's handling of either incident. If I remember right, Bush did not whip himself up a hurricane and push it into a shithole city that happens to lie under sea level. He also did not close down interstates to keep those people from leaving AFTER they were told a bad ass storm was coming through them. It was liberal stupidity that blamed him for anything. I have yet to see any of you lefty assholes say one word about the slow response to the floods that ravaged Tennessee this year....and it was not hammered in the media either. Where was the outrage there?

Unless someone provides video of Obama mixing the concrete for that well, or showing pics of him blowing it up, then there is not much you can say he has at fault here.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

I have yet to see any of you lefty assholes say one word about the slow response to the floods that ravaged Tennessee this year....and it was not hammered in the media either. Where was the outrage there?

As a Nashville resident - the "floods" weren't that bad. There were minimal casualties (maybe a dozen? I can't recall) and most of the damage done was residential, and while unfortunate, not severe.

The biggest problems are obviously the displaced individuals THAT CHOSE TO LIVE IN NEIGHBORHOODS IN A FLOOD ZONE AND DIDN'T MOVE OUT WHEN IT STARTED TO RAIN HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and for about a week they asked us to conserve water because a water purification facility (ironically) was flooded. Opry-Mills Mall was fucking destroyed, which is about the greatest thing ever, because they tore down a fucking themepark to build a terrible outlet mall and I hope as soon as it gets rebuit the motherfucker catches on fire. Otherwise, like I said, like two residential areas were affected. Brentwood, and Pennington Bend (which is right next to Opryland area).

The damage wasn't severe and the loss of life was practically non-existant (a few guys drowned on the first day of the rains because they went rafting... I'm not going to say I wasn't a little frustrated when THEY SENT SEARCH PARTIES OUT TO FIND THE BODIES WHEN ACTUAL NON-RETARDED PEOPLE STILL NEEDED HELP. That's probably my only complaint about how the 'floods' were handled. So how are you comparing this to Katrina? Did the federal government even need to respond? I'm pretty sure they did when Bredeson asked Obama to declare Davidson + a few other counties a disaster area or whatever, but even that seemed unnecessary. I thought the cities response was pretty appropriate.

For someone who doesn't want big government, it's a little weird that you'd want the Feds to come and clean up some standing water in the Brentwood / Opryland areas. That's taxpayer money, buckaroo, and tiny baby Jesus raptorchrist knows that you don't want your taxpayer funds to help people.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Tyek wrote:I assume he is referring to me. Based on my posts in only this thread?

I have always said I was a registered Republican, but I would have hoped anyone paying attention would notice I have always been middle of the road. I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

I guess if one questions Obama then they are labeled to be one of the way right conservatives. I find it humorous since these same people tended to say questioning the President was acceptable and necessary when Bush was in office.

My main point on this issue is simple. The people who constantly blamed Bush for EVERYTHING, ignoring the Democratic majority in congress, are now staying completely quiet when it is perfectly understandable if they were to question him. He has not delivered on many of his promises. He has been largely ineffective with a strong congressional support. I am concerned when he loses seats how he will fare.

I have plenty to complain about Obama, but it has more to do with his campaign promises, not in his day to day operations of the country like it was with Bush. The "legacy" that Obama is creating with his policies and the way his administration is trying to change some of the largest ongoing problems in America is a very much in line with what I want out of him. Bush's legacy was a fucking nightmare. His Presidency was 9/11, two false wars, Patriot Act, record spending, tax cuts to the rich, Katrina, market failure, and it was all wrapped in self serving sanctimonious religious bullshit. This list could be expanded for another paragraph. His presidency was terrible.

Virtually all of my faults with Obama are along the lines of "why haven't you fixed the shit Bush fucked up and you said you would correct". This is everything from Gitmo to the Patriot Act. If you wanted to discuss those things you would find me agreeing with you on Obama mistakes. However, as I said above, Katraina and the BP oil spill are not even in the same league so you won't find any complaints from me on the subject and especially no finger pointing at Obama for this disaster.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bagar- wrote:[
The biggest problems are obviously the displaced individuals THAT CHOSE TO LIVE IN NEIGHBORHOODS IN A FLOOD ZONE AND DIDN'T MOVE OUT WHEN IT STARTED TO RAIN HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
hmmm, this sound familiar to you? Maybe the displaced Katrina victims all moved to Tennessee. I say Obama gives them all jobs cleaning up the oil slicks and house these dumb-asses on cargo ships.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Tyek wrote:I assume he is referring to me. Based on my posts in only this thread?

I'm one of those that's been "paying attention." I've always appreciated your thoughtfulness, honesty and open-mindedness in the discussions on this forum as opposed to the blind, knee-jerk stupidity displayed by several of your fellow republicans (that are typically much further to the right than you).

As for the perceived double standard, I think it's important to remember a few key points. First, the Democratic majority you mention was only in place for the final two years of Bush's administration following the 2006 elections. Even more than now, the Democratic majority in the Senate is so razor thin (49-49-2) as to be unreliable with the likes of Lieberman (technically not a Dem at that point, but still caucusing with them), and right-leaning Democrats like Nelson, Lincoln, etc. making it difficult to consistently block Bush's agenda. Secondly, I think most people would agree that Bush's 2nd term was more moderate in policy than his first as Cheney & Co.'s influence waned. Finally, then as now, the President is the one steering the ship on major foreign and domestic policy issues. The congress works to enact or block the administration's agenda. The thin, non-filibuster-proof majority coupled with a more moderated agenda that was acceptable to many moderate and right-leaning Democrats meant that Bush was still largely allowed to do as he pleased.

In the specific case of Katrina, all the points above are irrelevant to how his administration handled policy, staffing and event responses by the various cabinet departments during his terms, most notably in this case DHS/FEMA. Even though Katrina happened in 2005, well before the Democratic majorities took power in 2007, they would have been powerless to influence the Bush administration's response even if they had held majorities at that time because it was largely an Executive Branch matter. There was very little that the congress could have done, before or after the event, to have shaped that response. While it was no one's fault that the storm happened, it was GWB's administration that was primarily responsible for overall poor preparedness, post-disaster response or the land-grab that the "recovery" effort morphed into.

None of that is to say that Obama and his administration shouldn't be held to the same standards for what is under their control. It's a little early to nail down exactly where much of that responsibility falls, and I'll be quite happy to see him take the blame for anything that he should. As others have said, I'm not sure exactly what could be done differently to respond to the disaster. The government doesn't have the expertise or means to directly deal with this (perhaps it should but that's a different discussion). For better or for worse, the oil companies are the ones with the expertise and means to attack the problem. Telling the EPA to get out of the way may not be the answer. While an urgent response is required, the EPA needs to move with some caution to at least try to ensure that the cure isn't worse than the disease. Curing the patient does you no good if you kill her in the process.

I can't say that I'm disappointed in Obama because my expectations weren't that high to begin with. I said many times on this forum that he (along with the so-called left-wingers in the Democratic party) are too moderate and too pragmatic in their approach to be more than a moderate improvement over the Republican alternative. This administration has left much to be desired, but that's not unexpected in my eyes. His priorities are different from what I'd like, he's compromised far too much, and he's left some key issues unaddressed for too long, but I think saying he hasn't accomplished much, even if it doesn't rise to the level I'd like, requires turning a blind eye to what's happened for the last year and a half.

He'll lose my support the moment a better alternative comes along.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Oh, one thing I neglected to mention in my previous post is that the centrist and right-leaning Democrats are, in my eyes, as much a part of the problem as the Republicans are - for both administrations. They deserve all of the blame for the messes we endure as the Presidents do. I'm happy to see them thrown out as long as they're not replaced by something even worse: conservatives. If they win their primaries, then unfortunately they remain the lesser of two evils, which is a pretty shitty result to work with.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

That is a completely lucid, honest and well thought out response and I have no idea what it is doing on this website. You and Fairweather should be banned for trying to actually make some sense.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Xatrei wrote:Oh, one thing I neglected to mention in my previous post is that the centrist and right-leaning Democrats are, in my eyes, as much a part of the problem as the Republicans are - for both administrations. They deserve all of the blame for the messes we endure as the Presidents do. I'm happy to see them thrown out as long as they're not replaced by something even worse: conservatives. If they win their primaries, then unfortunately they remain the lesser of two evils, which is a pretty shitty result to work with.
On this one I will have to disagree with you. I am already saddened where the way right leaning Christian Conservative has taken the Republican ideals and twisted them into some quasi-Jesus freak party. The same goes for the Democrats. I seriously doubt there are many people in this country that actually are as far left or right as the radicals in each party are.

I would bet the average American does not give a shit about gay people getting married, and they definitely do not want to give every dime they make to the government.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Are there even any far left radicals in American politics?
And I don't mean far left by GOP standards...
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

miir wrote:Are there even any far left radicals in American politics?
And I don't mean far left by GOP standards...
Not to the level that some on this board would want Miir, but the fact is I pay a lot. I mean a lot of taxes and I seriously wonder how well it is being spent. I bet they could take the taxes they have now, rehaul the system and begin to reduce the deficit. Instead, they just ask for more taxes, assign a few more positions to oversee programs and none of the cash goes to help real problems.

I have no issue helping the less fortunate, but all I see is the already more fortunate then me exploiting the system for political power or favors.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm not sure how that answers my question.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

In a word, Miir, no.

The closest anyone gets to being a radical that I can think of is Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, who is a self-described Democratic Socialist (to be clear, I don't consider him to be particularly "radical"). A staggering 1% of the Senators, and probably a similar number of congressmen (if we count folks like Kucinich) could legitimately be described as "far left."
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

PHOTO OP!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

WTB dedicated oil spill thread.

It's the worst environmental disaster in the history of history! They say the leak will accellerate through the summer. And we all know how they try to make situations seem better than they actually are.

Boy oh boy.

Some things I wonder: (how) Will this effect the food native to the area... pricing, availability, etc...... How will this affect oil prices? How will this alter our oil consumption habits (it's a longshot but it may be something good that comes from this mess)? How will future political campaigns stretch / modify this in a red / blue sense?

What will they do with the oil they collect? How many jobs will this create and for how long? How wide is the berth of the spill and how does it affect shipping in the surrounding area?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

more jobs will be lost than created
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kid behind Obama falls asleep

http://digg.com/politics/Kid_sitting_be ... Stories%29

I'm right there with you kid! All those false promises put me to sleep too!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

That's how I feel reading your posts.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You sure respond a lot for being so tired.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

he's a bot